Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help needed identifying SOT-23 component with marking "AKE87"!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help needed identifying SOT-23 component with marking "AKE87"!

I am trying to fix a dead lane switching track piece for slot cars made by Carrera. I measured component on PCB and found out that at least two components have gone bad. I suppose they are transistor which drive the solenoids. Their marking is AKE87. Those components are marked T3 and T4 on circuit board. I tried to search that marking from the internet but didn't find anything. I would like to know if those are transistor and what could be used as a substitute.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!
    Attached Files

Re: Help needed identifying SOT-23 component with marking "AKE87"!

Sorry for bad picture of PCB. I took it through a magnifying glass. In the right side there are four connections. Those are connections for two solenoids which move the lane changing mechanism.

Comment

The marking "AKE87" does not correspond to any standard part number or identification code for a transistor, so it is difficult to determine the exact specifications and characteristics of the component.

However, based on your description, it is likely that T3 and T4 are indeed transistors, as they are responsible for driving the solenoids. In order to find a substitute for these transistors, you will need to identify their specifications, such as their voltage and current ratings, and their pin configuration.

One way to do this is to carefully examine the circuit board and trace the connections between the transistors and the other components in the circuit. You may be able to find a datasheet or specifications for the original transistors by contacting the manufacturer, Carrera. Alternatively, you may be able to find similar transistors with the same pin configuration and voltage/current ratings by searching online or at electronics stores.

It's important to note that replacing electronic components requires some technical expertise, and it is possible to damage the circuit board or other components if not done properly. If you are not comfortable with soldering and working with electronics, it may be best to seek the help of a professional or experienced hobbyist.
      Ignou grade card

Comment

I love AI answers...
        It could be a digital transistor (has built-in base resistors). You'd have to know the pinout and if there is a base-drive resistor to the MCU. Or it's a MOSFET.

cross-posted: https://electronics.stackexchange.co...-marking-ake87 saying maybe IRLML2402.
        Last edited by redwire; 03-25-2023, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X