Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Equivalent mosfet ? (TPCP8106 and TPC8125)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Equivalent mosfet ? (TPCP8106 and TPC8125)

Hello, I need to replace a P channel mosfet TPCP8106 used as voltage comparator on the power board, and it is not available.
    I found TPC8125, it's seems similar (P channel, same box, same pins) but can you check if the specs are equivalents pls ? I think yes but I'm not sure.

See pictures (or links of datasheets if needed).

Original mosfet (TPCP8106) datasheet
    https://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datash.../TPCP8106.html

New candidate (TPC8125) datasheet
    https://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datash...A/TPC8125.html
    Attached Files

Re: Equivalent mosfet ? (TPCP8106 and TPC8125)

Maybe a closest one ? TPC8129. This one has dynamic specs very similar (that the previous one didn't have).

https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...a83e5352d1.pdf

I add : this mosfet is on the power board, and works at 12v max (on battery). It seems used as protection, in static mode but not sure.

Comment

Knowing the as actual application is quite important as well as the circuit. As a reverse protection device, it/both are probably fine. As a switching transistor, the latter is probably a better swap. As a comparator, substitution is very dicey and even identical transistors may not work...

Comment

What do you mean as « comparator » pls ? As comparator, I think comparing for prevent overvoltage or something like this. And not as logical signals comparator use. The board is this one (see picture pls), it's a power board and hub wich provide differents voltages (there is a 3v5v chip) look the larges tracks coming from large white connector (12v power input). The mosfet is just after. So in protection use ?
        Attached Files

Comment

When i say comparator I mean it's used in a well balanced circuit to compare two arbitrary voltages. power mosfets are typically not used in this method but it's possible.

As far as I can tell from your circuit this is not a comparator and as a low frequency power switch and is probably one of the least critical applications to get matching characteristics.

Comment

Ok, it's clear now, I know what I should order, thanks for the help.

Comment

Hello, the mosfet was dead (checked : shorted) and I replaced it, and the board has the same issue. But a fuse burned and not the mosfet. But I can’t find any short circuit on the board, it is weird. I will probably open another thread for the board issue.

Here, I have a new component to identify on this board : this « blue » one, it’s a BGA chip with 8x8 balls, marked « 23250 ».
              This board come from a DLSL camera, the board has some switching power supply, with coils, and this chip probably is a switching one. I can’t identify it. I found a chip MIC23250, but it is not good.

I found a similar chip marked 23251 on the other same DSLR board.
              Do you know what is this chip pls ?

Comment

According to Wikipedia :

"Micrel was a global manufacturer of integrated circuits focusing on the networking and consumer markets. Microchip Technology announced the signing of a definitive agreement to acquire Micrel for $14.00 a share on May 7, 2015. The price per share represented a 3% premium over Micrel's closing stock price on May 6, 2015 and a 30% premium at the close on August 7, 2014. The total equity value was about $839M. The completion of the acquisition was announced on August 3, 2015 with 98.5% of Micrel shares that voted approving the merger. "

So I guess you have a problem of a discontinued product with no support anymore . I can assume anyway that 23250 and similar are hard to find .

Comment

Thanks for reply, it's not a Micrel chip, the MIC23250 look like by the name, but it is not a BGA one. The chip to identify (on picture) is a BGA one.
                  A BGA chip with marking code 23250 or 23251 I found nothing on the web.

Edit : sorry, forgot to post the picture... It's the blue chip.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by corrize; 04-02-2023, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by corrize View Post
                    Thanks for reply, it's not a Micrel chip, the MIC23250 look like by the name, but it is not a BGA one. The chip to identify (on picture) is a BGA one.
                    A BGA chip with marking code 23250 or 23251 I found nothing on the web.

Edit : sorry, forgot to post the picture... It's the blue chip.
                    Okay . I'll see what I can find among my backups books references ..

Comment

All my researches indicate that this chipset is a variant of an old product made once by Micrel , and later released by other companies in different packages , and yet , also discontinued by those companies . The only available version now is from Renesas R2A23250BM and other variants , but no schematics or specs to be find other than being mentioned to sale on Alibaba and/or some really suspicious sites , but all with the same result , no specs to show ... Renesas even , in their site , do not recognize the chipset as theirs ...So guess it's discontinued too .

Comment

OK, thanks for the help, I’m convinced it is not so old, I found a website wich list the Nikon DSLR with this chip inside. And there is the Nikon Z6 and Z7, made in 2018. I checked with a picture of Z6 board and it is present.
                        https://photo-parts.com.ua/parts/dbphp.php?part=23250

In the column, this website indicate : « Power manager, PWM controller » but it can be wrong, because there is some other various chips and for this one, there is no link to datasheet.

Comment

OK, thanks for the help, I'm convinced it is not so old, I found a website wich list the Nikon DSLR with this chip inside. And there is the Nikon Z6 and Z7, made in 2018. I checked with a picture of Z6 board and it is present.
                          https://photo-parts.com.ua/parts/dbphp.php?part=23250

In the column, this website indicate : « Power manager, PWM controller » but it can be wrong, because there is some other various chips and for this one, there is no link to datasheet.
                          The one in your cam isn't old , yes . But guess whose making it ? , that's the problem . The original one is some package made by Micrel and discontinued by Micron or sold to Renesas that deny anything about it and that probably no one can find anymore , and some companies took the advantage of the original design and made it in many different packages , and most of those are discrete , least to say ..

My only advice here , be careful to order anything from suspicious sites , and if you know which company your cam is , let them the repair ..

Comment

Yes, I can’t really identify it, so I can’t buy it. If I really need it, I will find another faulty Nikon for donnor board.

Comment

Yes, I can't really identify it, so I can't buy it. If I really need it, I will find another faulty Nikon for donnor board.
                              That's the right thing to do .. I had lot of similar problems and donor , broken , or any other defect causes can rescue ..

Comment

Working...
                              X