HP BIOS unlock tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HP BIOS unlock tool

Hello, please help me with the HP EliteBook 8770w bios password, thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by kros View Post
      Hello, please help me with the HP EliteBook 8770w bios password, thanks in advance.
      Have you tried the tools at post #1
      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Did you try the tool?
        >

Edit: @SMDFlea - I did not notice your comment, you've posted while I was processing the bios.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Vesko356; 01-26-2022, 02:58 PM.
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
        Become a Badcaps supporter
        >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
        Thanks to all supporters.
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Yes, I tried this tool and there is no password anymore, but the functions in bios are not active and I can not now use the boot to upload windows 10 with a pen because all functions in bios are not active, I cannot enter them , maybe the tool did something wrong and these functions are inactive and cannot be entered ??
          Last edited by kros; 01-26-2022, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Yes, I tried this tool and there is no password anymore, but the functions in bios are not active and I can not now use the boot to upload windows 10 with a pen because all functions in bios are not active, I cannot enter them , maybe the tool did something wrong and these functions are inactive and cannot be entered ??
            You can't enter the bios with F10, or your can but all parameters are grayed out, and you can't change any?
            Try to restore bios defaults.
            Last edited by Vesko356; 01-26-2022, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Yes I can go to bios now but all parameters are greyed out and I can't change them

Comment

can anybody help me unlock 840 g6 bios password please... attached locked files
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by itsmagic1 View Post
                  The tool works great for a HP 830 G5. It unlocks my Administration Password!

Thanx a lot!
                  I want to add LT4211 4G module to this HP Elitebook 830 G5. Do you think I can do that after using this tool? Will this remove the whitelist from BIOS?

Comment

Hello Mate,

HP ELITEBOOK 830 G5
                    BIOS: sp136471 (https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp136...0/sp136471.exe)
                    Version: 01.18.01 Rev.A
                    Release date: Dec 17, 2021
                    Windows 11 Pro 21H2

I have added a WWAN as below:
                    HP lt4211 Gobi 4G Module
                    but, BIOS showing error 703. So far I understand it has something to do with the whitelist. Please, please, please help.

Best Regards / Mr. Neo
                    Last edited by SMDFlea; 01-27-2022, 03:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Neo View Post
                      I want to add LT4211 4G module to this HP Elitebook 830 G5. Do you think I can do that after using this tool? Will this remove the whitelist from BIOS?
                      No it does not remove any whitelist. Try over at bios-mods.com
                      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Is it possible to do a verification of the password data in the BIOS dump? If I load the dump into a hex editor then at which part of the file should I expect to see a password or a cleared password? Are cleared passwords simply marked as 0 at said section of the dump? Essentially what is the algorithm that the tool uses to clear passwords? Knowing this will be helpful in working with dumps from a safety standpoint.

Comment

Hello!

I have a HP Probook 650 G4 which sadly has a BIOS administrator password, so I cannot enter BIOS setup. I desoldered the W25Q256 flash from the board, read it (3 times, consistently), modified it via hpunlocker.exe and flashed it back.

System starts up, but it is still asking for an administrator password sadly. Any ideas what I might have done wrong or what I might have missed?

Files attached are original BIOS, modified BIOS, screenshot from system info.

Many thanks in advance!
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by diskettenfett View Post
                            Hello!

I have a HP Probook 650 G4 which sadly has a BIOS administrator password, so I cannot enter BIOS setup. I desoldered the W25Q256 flash from the board, read it (3 times, consistently), modified it via hpunlocker.exe and flashed it back.

System starts up, but it is still asking for an administrator password sadly. Any ideas what I might have done wrong or what I might have missed?

Files attached are original BIOS, modified BIOS, screenshot from system info.

Many thanks in advance!
                            Upload your 16MB chip bios dump.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
                              Upload your 16MB chip bios dump.
                              Oh, sorry, seems I did the process on the wrong bios IC? Or do both need to be modified?

I attached both original bios dumps. Had to find and desolder the other one... Thanks for your kind support!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for your kind support!
                                You're welcome.

Program 16MB chip only:
                                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
                                  You're welcome.

Program 16MB chip only:
                                  So I better revert the 25Q256 back to its original state, I guess?

I can't thank you enough! If this works out, I owe you one. Send me your Paypal address via PM, I'll send you some beer (or at least so you can buy some )
                                  Last edited by diskettenfett; 01-28-2022, 05:28 PM.

Comment

So I better revert the 25Q256 back to its original state, I guess?
                                    No, leave it as is for now, just flash the 16MB chip with the new file.

Comment

Worked perfectly! Many thanks again!
                                      Last edited by diskettenfett; 01-28-2022, 08:06 PM.

Comment

I have a HP 840 G1 with a BIOS Administrator password and a User password. I downloaded the firmware to a file but after applying the patch and flashing the firmware back, the Administrator password has removed but the user is still there. As such I am only able to login as Guest user. Although the Guest user does not allow me to clear any other users. The tool has not cleared any BIOS users with password. It would be helpful to know what does the tool actually do and is there a way to clear out users as well as their corresponding passwords from the BIOS?

Comment

Originally posted by doa379 View Post
                                          I have a HP 840 G1 with a BIOS Administrator password and a User password. I downloaded the firmware to a file but after applying the patch and flashing the firmware back, the Administrator password has removed but the user is still there. As such I am only able to login as Guest user. Although the Guest user does not allow me to clear any other users. The tool has not cleared any BIOS users with password. It would be helpful to know what does the tool actually do and is there a way to clear out users as well as their corresponding passwords from the BIOS?
                                          Yes there is a way to do this. Upload your dump here.

Comment

Working...
                                          X