Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HP BIOS unlock tool

Hi there!

I have a Elitebook 850 G2 that has a bios password. I dumped the bios with a CH341a programmer and tried to remove the password with HPunlocker and RCUnlocker, but the first generates the same image (do not make any changes to the bin file) and the RCUnlocker software says "Missing Unlockable content".

Can anybody help me? Thanks!
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by krasny View Post
      Hi there!

I have a Elitebook 850 G2 that has a bios password. I dumped the bios with a CH341a programmer and tried to remove the password with HPunlocker and RCUnlocker, but the first generates the same image (do not make any changes to the bin file) and the RCUnlocker software says "Missing Unlockable content".

Can anybody help me? Thanks!
      also look for a bios chip with a content of 16MB... look on both sides of the motherboard and use RCUnlocher...
      Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
        also look for a bios chip with a content of 16MB... look on both sides of the motherboard and use RCUnlocher...
        Thank you!

Close to the bios chip I found a 16Mb one that RCUnlocker were able to unlock.

Comment

Hi all!
          Is HP EliteBook 840 G5 better to unlock with HPUnlocker or RCUnlocker?
          I also need to replace the battery.
          What is the best way to unlock or replace the battery first?

Comment

Originally posted by NaneName View Post
            Hi all!
            Is HP EliteBook 840 G5 better to unlock with HPUnlocker or RCUnlocker?
            I also need to replace the battery.
            What is the best way to unlock or replace the battery first?
            RCUnlocker

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
            Become a Badcaps supporter
            >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
            Thanks to all supporters.
            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

i have a hp elitebook 745 g5 and need the bios password removed can you help me, thx
              i made a copy of the bios chip, and i used HPUnlocker and soldered it back but still password on the bios, RCUnlocker says wrong chip
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by fcamci View Post
                i have a hp elitebook 745 g5 and need the bios password removed can you help me, thx
                i made a copy of the bios chip, and i used HPUnlocker and soldered it back but still password on the bios, RCUnlocker says wrong chip
                Its the wrong chip as RCUnlocker says. There are 2 chips U365 + U366 .Find the other one and try it again.
                All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

From another Thread. you need to backup the U366 Chip.
                  Attached Files
                  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
                  all donations are welcome,
                  see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
                  >>>>>
                  click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
                  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                    Its the wrong chip as RCUnlocker says. There are 2 chips U365 + U366 .Find the other one and try it again.
                    ok i am going to try

Comment

Originally posted by hardware1 View Post
                      From another Thread. you need to backup the U366 Chip.
                      ok thx i am going to try

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                        i tried the u366 chip with RCUnlocker but it still says wrong chip try reading and unlocking 16mb chip, do i need to use the HPUnlocker?
                        Attached Files

Comment

i tried the u366 chip with RCUnlocker but it still says wrong chip try reading and unlocking 16mb chip, do i need to use the HPUnlocker?
                          yes use it

Comment

Originally posted by lapfix View Post
                            yes use it
                            i tried both chips with HPUnlocker and soldered it back and i have still admin password on my bios, what am i doing wrong?

Comment

ok this is a update. i presume nobody looked at my attachment, but this is what happened.
                              I copied the bios chip to my pc as this:
                              W25Q128JV(OTP)@SOIC8 and i unlocked it with HPUnlocker because RCUnlocker didnt work and programmed it back and it didnt work. so i programmed the original file back.
                              What i had to do is read to bios chip as:
                              W25Q128JV@WSON8 without the (OTP)(i dont know what this is) then the RCUnlocker did work to unlock it and programmed it to the chip, soldered it and now the password is gone

so what happened is i chose the wrong chip in the programmer, but it did read and program so i assumed it was correct bu it wasn't
                              Last edited by fcamci; 10-13-2022, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ibo View Post
                                I can confirm this tool works also for the elitebook 1040 x360 G6
                                doesnt work for me

Comment

Hi i got an HP Elitebook 840 G1 that has a bios password. im reading the thread and i need a CH341a programmer to dump the bios? after that I can use RCunlocker to generate a dump withouth a password. am i correct?

Comment

Originally posted by j.caps View Post
                                    Hi i got an HP Elitebook 840 G1 that has a bios password. im reading the thread and i need a CH341a programmer to dump the bios? after that I can use RCunlocker to generate a dump withouth a password. am i correct?
                                    you have ... don't forget to make a copy of the original bios ... and see this..
                                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWWigscuQDY
                                    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

Comment

The tool works great for a HP 640 G1. It unlocks my Administration Password!

Thanx a lot!

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
                                        post the full name and model of the laptop ... which programmer do you use?
                                        HP Elitebook 840 G6 850 G6 830 G6
                                        ALMOST 6 LAPTOP Error message:
                                        "HP Endpoint Security Controller Problem
                                        There is a problem with the HP Endpoint Security Controller on the unit
                                        Please contact HP Inc. to have the unit serviced "

Comment

Originally posted by mnaeempn View Post
                                          HP Elitebook 840 G6 850 G6 830 G6
                                          ALMOST 6 LAPTOP Error message:
                                          "HP Endpoint Security Controller Problem
                                          There is a problem with the HP Endpoint Security Controller on the unit
                                          Please contact HP Inc. to have the unit serviced "
                                          try this.. go into bios and restore security settings to defaults and reboot laptop

Comment

Working...
                                          X