Company Locked Laptops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Company Locked Laptops

Hi i have recently got some laptops sold in and have tried to reinstall windows however even after fresh install the laptop requires to sign in via the company email only. is there a way to remove this? all help much appreciated

Re: Company Locked Laptops

Contact the company who sold them to you and ask them to remove them from their device management system.
    Don't buy those $10 PSU "specials". They fail, and they have taken whole computers with them.

My computer doubles as a space heater.

Permanently Retired Systems:
    RIP Advantech UNO-3072LA (2008-2021) - Decommissioned and taken out of service permanently due to lack of software support for it. Not very likely to ever be recommissioned again.
    Asus Q550LF (Old main laptop, 2014-2022) - Decommissioned and stripped due to a myriad of problems, the main battery bloating being the final nail in the coffin.

Kooky and Kool Systems
    - 1996 Power Macintosh 7200/120 + PC Compatibility Card - Under Restoration
    - 1993 Gateway 2000 80486DX/50 - Fully Operational/WIP
    - 2004 Athlon 64 Retro Gaming System - Indefinitely Parked
    - Main Workstation - Fully operational!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TechGeek View Post
      Contact the company who sold them to you and ask them to remove them from their device management system.
      Hi these are sold in to second hand stores and are checked to see if they are stolen and are not so when purchased the system was working until was reset to sell onto a customer.

SO bottom line these are useless?

Comment

What make and model ?

Comment

Originally posted by zomi View Post
          What make and model ?
          thinkpad P14S Gen 1 20S5-S25F00

thinkpad T14S Gen2 20WN-S00K00

Comment

this is probably some "malware" installed in the EFI bios.
            so you could try taking a full bios dump and looking at it in a bios editor like this:
            https://github.com/LongSoft/UEFITool

Comment

Originally posted by MBAS111 View Post
              thinkpad P14S Gen 1 20S5-S25F00

thinkpad T14S Gen2 20WN-S00K00
              Youve already posted a bios unlock request,more than once... https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?p=1201219 .If the Lenovo Autopatcher doesn`t work then the only option is unlocking via JTAG, and you`ll need a dedicated programmer to do that.

T14s forum search - https://www.badcaps.net/forum/search...rchid=32154929

P14s forum search - https://www.badcaps.net/forum/search...rchid=32154934

I/O Programmers:

Vertyanov SUCCESSOR
              SVOD4
              RT809H
              Last edited by SMDFlea; 01-24-2023, 01:05 PM.
              All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

it doesnt sound like a lock - it sounds like a persistant app as a bios-extension.
                similar to the computrace malware.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
                  it doesnt sound like a lock - it sounds like a persistant app as a bios-extension.
                  Windows Autopilot
                  https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/me...dows-autopilot

Is there a solution? Yes, we make all models here.

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                    Youve already posted a bios unlock request,more than once... https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?p=1201219 .If the Lenovo Autopatcher doesn`t work then the only option is unlocking via JTAG, and you`ll need a dedicated programmer to do that.

T14s forum search - https://www.badcaps.net/forum/search...rchid=32154929

P14s forum search - https://www.badcaps.net/forum/search...rchid=32154934

I/O Programmers:

Vertyanov SUCCESSOR
                    SVOD4
                    RT809H
                    Hi the bios request for a different laptop I have 3 the first with a bios password and the other two as explained have a block onto a company which i cannot over come my question is if I get a fresh Bios will this solve the Issue? also you said about if the Auto patcher does not work i need to use JTAG. On which chip? and is there a instruction on this topic?

Comment

is there a way of removing it then? I find it difficult to believe that there is not topic on this issue

Comment

this is probably some "malware" installed in the EFI bios.
                        so you could try taking a full bios dump and looking at it in a bios editor like this:
                        https://github.com/LongSoft/UEFITool
                        I am considered a noob in this matter even if i did get a dump is there any instruction on what exactly I'm supposed to be looking at? and what I do when I find the problem?

Comment

Seems like Microsoft Autopilot
                          All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

I am considered a noob in this matter even if i did get a dump is there any instruction on what exactly I'm supposed to be looking at? and what I do when I find the problem?
                            There are a few threads, use the forum search: "Autopilot"

Comment

Easiest would be to install either Linux or Windows Home since Autopilot is a Windows Pro/Enterprise feature and Home/Linux will not check if autopilot is enabled.

There is a more advanced method aswell but since I haven't tried it myself, I won't even comment on that.

Comment

Originally posted by RethoricalCheese View Post
                                Easiest would be to install either Linux or Windows Home since Autopilot is a Windows Pro/Enterprise feature and Home/Linux will not check if autopilot is enabled.

There is a more advanced method aswell but since I haven't tried it myself, I won't even comment on that.
                                when installing the option never pops up to install windows home

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                                  Seems like Microsoft Autopilot
                                  does this crap embed into the bios??
                                  i'v not heard about it before.

Comment

when installing the option never pops up to install windows home
                                    install Linux,
                                    nobody actually wants win10 or win11 - even if many dont realise it yet.

Comment

It's Windows Autopilot. The message says "Sign in with Microsoft - School or work account"
                                      I've seen this before on several laptops. You can't bypass the screen, it demands it.
                                      There is workaround - installing very old version of Windows10.
                                      "It seems like" this "thing" writes something into the UEFI. Even complete wipe of the drive and new installation won't do any good. Even if the machine isn't connected to the internet. First it will demand internet connection to continue and wont allow you to create local account. When you connect it to the internet, it will demand you to enter your "work or school account" to continue, without an option to create new microsoft or local account.
                                      I've tried modifying ei.cfg, using different edition, bypassing the screen using OOBE bypass and command prompt to create new account. One can truly call this thing "malware".
                                      Even with enabled default administrator or creating local account or even linking another microsoft account, it continues to demand to enter the old "work or school account".
                                      Unfortunately, there isn't really much information about this. And I am not so keen on dissecting and digging in the bios flash of laptop that isn't my own to analyse the problem.
                                      Surely, rewriting the bios flash will get rid of it. But there is that little issue that most likely this won't be the only thing you will need to rewrite/modify. And information about this is relatively scarce.
                                      Last edited by televizora; 01-25-2023, 02:28 PM.
                                      Useful conversions. I don't "speak" imperial. Please use metric, if you want to address me.
                                      1km=1000m=100000cm, 1inch=2.54cm, 1mile=1609.344meters, 1ft=30.48cm 1gal(US)=3.785liters, 1lb=453grams, 1oz=28.34grams

Comment

Hi thanks all for your help I think the best option to go with was to install windows home instead which seems to work

Comment

Working...
                                        X