Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atorch UD18 DC adapter Burned smd component. I can't identify it

Hi guys,

I wanted to test a DC adapter and I plugged it into my device and then I immediately smelled the cooked component. I cheked the adapter again and I discovered that it's not a DC but a 24V AC adapter

I took apart my tester and I think I found which component burned but I can't identify it for sure and I'm not sure where could i buy a replacement part which is the same or has similar features.
    I attached a few pictures of the component. I think it's a voltage regulator but some of the markings on the component are burned.

Name of the device: Atorch UD18
    Markings on the SMD transistor: SE8(5?)???
    2144-HF

Official specifications of the device:
    Voltage: 3.600 - 32.00 V
    Current: 0.000 - 5.100
    Power calculation: 000.00 - 163.00 W

I hope you can help me to identify it or to find a similar one because I don't want to throw it away

Edit: I found someone who took it apart and I saw that he had another type of voltage regulator. I attached that picture as well.
    Markings on that one: 6203a
    1947/33
    Attached Files
    Last edited by cinkoxid; 01-30-2023, 10:27 AM. Reason: modify pictures

Re: Burned smd component. I can't identify it

Looks like SE8533 3.3v ldo

The 6203Axxxx/33 is the Microne 3.3v 100ma version
    Attached Files
    Last edited by R_J; 01-30-2023, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Thank you so much, it seems like the right one. i'll order it from aliexpress then see what happens.

Comment

Check to make sure there is no short on the 3.3v output side, There may be a shorted component that caused this 3.3v ldo to burn.

Comment

Sadly there is a short on that rail. I removed the chip but the short is still present. There is a cap near the chip which were also shorted so i removed hoping i will be lucky but no...So i will try 1v injection and hope i can notice something.

Comment

Bad news. At 1v there was only a little current request so i modified it to 1.8v
            With that voltage the board requested 0.5A which was more than enough to identify the heat source.

It looks like another chip went bad and after a few minutes it was super hot to touch. The little caps around it are cooler so it must be the chip, right?

The marking on the chip is: JL PP0D608-68A2 but google can't help me to identify it. Could you help me with that one as well?

I hope it's "only" a blutooth chip which i hardly used.
            Thanks.
            Attached Files

Comment

https://www.zh-jieli.com/

Comment

if thats an AC6368A then it's amazing
                a 32bit microcontroller running at 192Mhz

Comment

Thanks for the info.
                  I removed the chip and "the short is gone"
                  So indeed that went bad as well.

The cheapest one i found on aliexpress is 10usd plus shipping which is horrible.
                  I wonder what else could i use instead of that?
                  Or anyone know a cheaper place to buy that chip?

I found a site where they are mentioning that the KT6368A is a renamed and updated version of the module. What if i would buy this and unsolder the bluetooth module? https://www.aliexpress.com/i/1005002518250071.html

Or maybe the board would even work without that chip? I hardly ever used the bluetooth feature so if it's not essential for the board to function then i would be happy without it as well if i can fix the board.

Thanks again guys.

Comment

You could order one of those cheap AC6368A modules and remove the ic. I think this could be the same ic?

Image from https://www.taobao.com/list/item/664758806729.htm
                    Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for your reply. Could be that one

I only found that chip on taobao.com which i never used before. Is it similat to aliexpress?

Or can you refer me to a product on ali that has that module? I can't find any good ones there.

Comment

That KT6368a in post #9 could also be the same ic. I see this module on ebay as well.
                        Last edited by R_J; 01-31-2023, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Thank you. I ordered a module with KT6368a. In about 2 weeks we'll see if it works. Thanks for everyone so far

Comment

Re: Atorch UD18 DC adapter Burned smd component. I can't identify it

Finally I received the parts and i soldered them on but....The voltage regulator is working, giving 3,3V as it should. Bluetooth is also good - at least my phone can see the new device and i can even connect to it from the app.

BUT....

Sadly the screen is black, nothing on it - just a little backlight. In the app there are no data at all so it looks dead. I checked the voltages in a few places and I measured voltage almost everywhere. What i noticed is there are two mostfets on the board (4447A) and one of them only has input voltage, but no output. I'm not sure if that's how it should work or if it's just not open, etc. I checked with multimeter and there are not short between source and gate. Also I didn't find any short on the board.

If I connect a usb to the device then i can measure it on the outputs as well so the voltage is going through the device successfully. What I also noticed is there is no voltage on the "1AM" transistor emitter and collector pins but i'm not sure if there should be any.

There are 2 chips on the board. One is a common energy monitor chip called RN8209C and the other has only the markings of 00V4T0J which i can't find anywhere.

Anyway my question is what would you recommend me to try in order to figure out what else is wrong with this?

Thanks in advance every recommendations and help.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Re: Atorch UD18 DC adapter Burned smd component. I can't identify it

Update: It looks like at least one of the mosfets is bad. The resistance between source and drain is very low, 66kohm and if i switch probes then it can't even read it. The same mosfet does not have any voltage on the drain pins, only on source and gate.

The other mosfet has a resistance around 14Mohm but if i switch probes then it's 66 again. For this one i can measure voltage on all the pins.

Does that mean that the other mosfet is bad?
                              If I replace it do i assume right that it has nothing to do with the screen displaying black screen only?

Also there is no voltage on the base pin of the 1AM transistor. I guess i should check the way towards that pin, right?
                              Last edited by cinkoxid; 02-24-2023, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X