Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

asus rog zephyrus g14 ga401iv bios

Hey folks

On today's lunch menu, I have an Asus ROG Zephyrus g14 ga401iv bios I extracted from the Asus website in hopes of loading onto the said computer, but as we know about "the best-laid plans"...

Apparently, this is one of those newer BIOSs that's split between 2 separate chips. Seeing that each chip is basically 8mb apiece, I haven't the slightest idea where to slice this thing in order to get it on the proper IC.

Could one of you BIOS-HeX editing gods out there give me a hand?

Thanks a bunch
    Attached Files

Re: asus rog zephyrus g14 ga401iv bios

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by lordrussell View Post
      Hey folks

On today's lunch menu, I have an Asus ROG Zephyrus g14 ga401iv bios I extracted from the Asus website in hopes of loading onto the said computer, but as we know about "the best-laid plans"...

Apparently, this is one of those newer BIOSs that's split between 2 separate chips. Seeing that each chip is basically 8mb apiece, I haven't the slightest idea where to slice this thing in order to get it on the proper IC.

Could one of you BIOS-HeX editing gods out there give me a hand?

Thanks a bunch
      Have you made any backups of the bios chips
      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

SMD

Yes I have a backup of both BIOSs, but they might be corrupt (thus my song & dance about being confused.

I've included them here. Hopefully, you (or the other coding deities out there) can help me out here.

Thanks a bunch for the reply
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by lordrussell View Post
          SMD

Yes I have a backup of both BIOSs, but they might be corrupt (thus my song & dance about being confused.

I've included them here. Hopefully, you (or the other coding deities out there) can help me out here.

Thanks a bunch for the reply
          Here's your New Bios, it's a Virgin Bios from ASUS with your DMI and Windows Key. Program that file to your 16MB Chip and ignore the 1MB (8Mbit) Chip. *I think it's for the GPU*
          Serial Number: LCNRKD012173510.
          Attached Files
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
          all donations are welcome,
          see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
          >>>>>
          click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
          Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

You're the best Hardware1!

I'll re-burn the chips & see how it goes. I'll let you know if I succeeded in burning down the house or not.

Thanks again

Comment

ASUS GA401IV Rev 1.4 Bios

Have a GA401 that turns on and after a couple seconds turns off. Can anyone check this dump? Thanks!
              Attached Files

Comment

Re: ASUS GA401IV Rev 1.4 Bios

Originally posted by jacobtc View Post
                Have a GA401 that turns on and after a couple seconds turns off. Can anyone check this dump? Thanks!
                Your backup is the 1MB vBios .Find another chip .Is there a model number on the square white QR code next to the RAM slot.
                Post the laptop serial number
                All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                  Your backup is the 1MB vBios .Find another chip .Is there a model number on the square white QR code next to the RAM slot.
                  Post the laptop serial number
                  Lol, I'm an idiot

I just found a Winbond IC and took it off.. I'm guessing it is the MX IC, as pictured.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Lol, I'm an idiot

I just found a Winbond IC and took it off.. I'm guessing it is the MX IC, as pictured.
                    Yes its the MX chip, looks like its been worked on before,the connector at the bottom left seems a little melted.Get some kapton tape on it or put a metal shield over it before you desolder the chip.
                    The vBios might help someone else .Post a picture of the label with the serial number on it

Comment

Yes its the MX chip, looks like its been worked on before,the connector at the bottom left seems a little melted.Get some kapton tape on it or put a metal shield over it before you desolder the chip.
                      The vBios might help someone else .Post a picture of the label with the serial number on it
                      Nah, thats me, I have worked on the board, and have gotten all voltages present on the board, so this is pretty much my last chance of getting it to work.. What label do you mean?

Comment

Nah, thats me, I have worked on the board, and have gotten all voltages present on the board, so this is pretty much my last chance of getting it to work.. What label do you mean?
                        The label on the base cover

Comment

The label on the base cover
                          Sure,
                          Also, the right BIOS this time
                          Attached Files

Comment

Sure,
                            Also, the right BIOS this time
                            Here's your New BIOS, it's a Virgin BIOS from ASUS with your DMI and Windows Key.
                            Attached Files
                            Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
                            >>>>>

Comment

Originally posted by hardware1 View Post
                              Here's your New BIOS, it's a Virgin BIOS from ASUS with your DMI and Windows Key.
                              What a legend you are! It booted right up!
                              Attached Files

Comment

What a legend you are! It booted right up!
                                Good to know, I'm glad for you.
                                >>>>>

Comment

Hello, I want a file bios+ec asus ga401qm r1.4

Comment

Originally posted by yasser toaamh View Post
                                    Hello, I want a file bios+ec asus ga401qm r1.4
                                    Off topic,this thread is for the GA401IV

Comment

ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14 ( mainboard GA401IV)

I need to replace IT5125VG chip on ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14 ( mainboard GA401IV) ,

Does anyone have BIOS for this model?
                                      Thanks for help

As I can see now, here are people who successfully flashed BIOS for
                                      asus rog zephyrus g14 ga401iv.

On my mainboard, IT5125VG seems to be dead. I need to replace it. I was told this must be also programmed. Is it possible to replace that IT5125VG with a new one and program it on the mainboard with SVOD or Vertyanov programmer? Or is it an easier way?
                                      Firmware for IT5125VG will be a part of the BIOS ?
                                      Must I also reprogram BIOS chip or any other chip when replacing/programming IT5125VG ?
                                      Thank you for explaining.
                                      Last edited by Vesko356; 08-15-2023, 05:11 AM. Reason: Posts merged.

Comment

here's your new bios, it's a virgin bios from asus with your dmi and windows key.
                                        work on asus GA401II

Comment

Working...
                                        X