• Show
Clear All

predator helios 300 g3 572 bios dump problem and need for full bios dump

Hi i need help & biosdump for predator helios 300 C5MMH/C7MMH
    gtx1060 6gb, g3-572

i dumped bios with h2offt-w.exe but after dump i get error

Warning: ME is locked. The ME region of the saved file is invalid

what does this mean?

hwinfo shows meregion info but can it be corrupted? laptop shuts off under heavy load or when i stay in bios too long, but otherwise seems to be working normally when on desktop
    Attached Files

Re: predator helios 300 g3 572 bios dump problem and need for full bios dump

Originally posted by swammyw View Post
    Hi i need help & biosdump for predator helios 300 C5MMH/C7MMH
    gtx1060 6gb, g3-572

i dumped bios with h2offt-w.exe but after dump i get error

Warning: ME is locked. The ME region of the saved file is invalid

what does this mean?

hwinfo shows meregion info but can it be corrupted? laptop shuts off under heavy load or when i stay in bios too long, but otherwise seems to be working normally when on desktop
    It means that ME region in the bios is set as read and write protected at the descriptor region, so it's impossible to take the full dump of the bios with any software method, and the only way is to read the chip with the programmer.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
    Become a Badcaps supporter
    >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
    Thanks to all supporters.​
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

ok thanks for answer, i already ordered ch314 programmer but can i try to flash full bios dump if i get here one, and later maby copy serial number data and other harware data from dump that i have or does my dump contain it because locked me region

Comment

ok thanks for answer, i already ordered ch314 programmer but can i try to flash full bios dump if i get here one, and later maby copy serial number data and other harware data from dump that i have or does my dump contain it because locked me region
        First of all you must take the full verified dump with the programmer, and then you can do\experiment whatever you want!
        Otherwise, you will cause yourself unnecessary (and in some cases big) headaches.

Comment

i have ch341a programmer now and i erased bios chip and writed a new full bios dump to chip, problem was not fixed, but my question is, do i need clean me bios file dump, or clean my biosdump me region with some clean me tool?

Comment

does the bios files extracted from acer updates contain clean me or do i need to use software to clean

Comment

does the bios files extracted from acer updates contain clean me or do i need to use software to clean
              All bios updates from the manufacturer's website contain clean ME firmware, it does not apply to Acer only, but to all manufacturers.

Comment

Working...
              X