Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hp ellİtebook 840 g5 bios password

Originally posted by xedry@yahoo.com View Post
    can someone help hp elitebook 840 g5 bios password file, i try to use hp unlocker to 32mb bios files do i need to unlock the ec file also using hp unlocker?
    Try if not succes post the dump

Comment

Hi.

I've used HPunlocker multiple times and never had a problem. Now I'm trying to unlock the 840 G5, the program generates the _unlocked file but after playing it to memory the password is still there. will you help?
      Last edited by SMDFlea; 04-10-2023, 12:54 PM.

Comment

try this i unlock your file.. update me if it works

Comment

Originally posted by dragus1208 View Post
          Hi.

I've used HPunlocker multiple times and never had a problem. Now I'm trying to unlock the 840 G5, the program generates the _unlocked file but after playing it to memory the password is still there. will you help?
          Upload the dump from the second bios chip.

Originally posted by alfredposadas09 View Post
          try this i unlock your file.. update me if it works
          It's not a good approach to solve the matter in this case.
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
          Become a Badcaps supporter
          >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
          Thanks to all supporters.​
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
            Upload the dump from the second bios chip.

It's not a good approach to solve the matter in this case.
            This is my secondary dump.
            Would you share a solution for the future?
            Attached Files

Comment

This is my secondary dump.
              Would you share a solution for the future?
              >
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
                >
                Very thanks. It's working.

Comment

Very thanks. It's working.
                  I know, I know.
                  Have fun

Comment

Does anybody know how to activate the manufacturing program mode (MPM) of an 840 G5 Motherboard. I need to change the system unique data after replacing the motherboard.

Many thanks

Comment

Can someone tell me how to create BIOS dump?

Comment

Originally posted by gable View Post
                        Can someone tell me how to create BIOS dump?
                        Read that Post to learn:
                        https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...40&postcount=2
                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
                        all donations are welcome,
                        see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
                        >>>>>
                        click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
                        Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by hardware1 View Post
                          Maybe I'm blind, but the HP BIOS update tool only shows me two options.
                          Update or create a recovery flash drive.

Comment

Originally posted by gable View Post
                            Maybe I'm blind, but the HP BIOS update tool only shows me two options.
                            Update or create a recovery flash drive.
                            Did you read the Post? You should to use a Hardware Programmer in order to take a Backup for your BIOS Chips (Main & EC).
                            Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
                            all donations are welcome,
                            see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
                            >>>>>
                            click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
                            Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Originally posted by hardware1 View Post
                              Did you read the Post? You should to use a Hardware Programmer in order to take a Backup for your BIOS Chips (Main & EC).
                              Oh then, I can't dump it. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Hi there! I am attempting to remove the bios password from a decommissioned Elitebook 840 G5. I came across post #56 of this thread which fit my laptop's criteria exactly, and followed the directions offered by the response in post #57. I used a ch341a with the BIOS chip soldered onto the adapter to read and verify the original bios and then used the HPUnlocker v1 program to generate the unlocked bin file (both attached here). I rewrote the unlocked file to the chip and then soldered back into place on the motherboard.

After putting it together, I'm now experiencing an issue where the capslock button light and power button are flickering (see image ezgif-2-da60db5cdd.jpg). I read that this might be an indication of a bios corruption and I tried to do the Win+B during startup to see if it would reset it, but to no avail. I'm hesitant to desolder and reflash the bios again due to how difficult it was for me to get it back into place, but I will do it if it means I'll have a working laptop again.

If anyone could provide me guidance, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks for your time.

Comment

here is your unlocked file
                                  Attached Files

Comment

good afternoon. after I wanted to remove the bios password, I flashed a 32mb flash drive, my laptop turns on, the cooler runs at maximum, caps lock flashes 5 and that's it. please help me

Comment

Originally posted by nikola07 View Post
                                      good afternoon. after I wanted to remove the bios password, I flashed a 32mb flash drive, my laptop turns on, the cooler runs at maximum, caps lock flashes 5 and that's it. please help me
                                      these are my bios files. maybe they are damaged. it behaves the same with them

Comment

Wich one that you have unlocked , with wich tool !

Comment

these are my bios files. maybe they are damaged. it behaves the same with them
                                          I took 32 mb from this forum. These are native files with them, the same thing 5 blinks and that's it

Comment

Working...
                                          X