HP Elitebook X360 1030 G4 BIOS unlock request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HP Elitebook X360 1030 G4 BIOS unlock request

Might be windows autopilot instead. It can set bios password aswell. In this case, solution would be unlock bios and install Linux

Comment

Hi All,

Could someone please help me remove the password from my bios dump, its for the Elitebook X360 1030 G4.

Thank you for the help.
      Attached Files

Comment

Here is the 16MB file.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mohibr View Post
          Here is the 16MB file.
          Try & leave feedback:
          Attached Files
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
          Become a Badcaps supporter
          >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
          Thanks to all supporters.​
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
            Try & leave feedback:
            Thank you so much! That worked great, after flashing the dump back system went into bios recovery, after a few reboots password has been removed.

Again, thank you for your help, really appreciate it.

Kind regards.

Comment

Originally posted by mohibr View Post
              Thank you so much! That worked great, after flashing the dump back system went into bios recovery, after a few reboots password has been removed.

Again, thank you for your help, really appreciate it.

Kind regards.
              You're welcome.
              Have fun!

Last edited by Vesko356; 09-05-2021, 05:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RethoricalCheese View Post
                Might be windows autopilot instead. It can set bios password aswell. In this case, solution would be unlock bios and install Linux
                No solution for this autopilot ?

Comment

Hi guys I also have an Elitebook X360 1030 G4 with a bios password can someone help remove password if I upload the bios dumps if so which IC do I need to dump as it look like this has 3 bios IC

See image attached
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jsmrepairs View Post
                    Hi guys I also have an Elitebook X360 1030 G4 with a bios password can someone help remove password if I upload the bios dumps if so which IC do I need to dump as it look like this has 3 bios IC

See image attached
                    remove the password yourself using this program...

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=98539

make a copy of the contents of the 16MB bios chip before writing with the new content ...
                    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Re: NEED HP Elitebook X360 1030 G4 BIOS unlock

Originally posted by Ghamidi View Post
                      Hi all,
                      need unlock HP Elitebook X360 1030 G4 BIOS
                      thank you
                      try bro
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Ghandy View Post
                        Hi all, sorry I'm clearly missing something in this process- is there a start here guide or can anyone point me in the right direction. Similar situation, I have a 1030 g4 that I bought and it worked to start with but after a reset I got a locked message and now can't get into the bios password area (f10) to remove it. I guessed at the files being something I needed to add to a usb drive as bootable media but no luck.

Appreciate I'm a total novice at this, just don't want to be £400 out due to a Gumtree but. The seller obviously knew it was going to happen as they vanished and the mobile number no longer works
                        Hi ghandy , I hope I'm doing this correct , I'm new here and don't quite know what I'm doing however I do hope you are able to see this,
                        I just wanted to know what happened following up on your story,
                        The same exact thing has happened to me literally everything you said and what's more head blowing is I bought it from the same place and the exact same price, the guy now has disappeared the number doe T work and the address I collected from was an Airbnb so I got stitched up, I'm in uni and without this I won't be able to do my work at home so I'm literally terrified.
                        We're you ever able to sort out yours? Or if not what did you do ?
                        Please help me! i tried to pm you but I wasn't able to yet but you might be able to do so to me ? I'm not sure but I look forward to hearing from you hopefully

Comment

hi
                          i need a help
                          ive got a elitebook 1030 g4
                          bios was locked and message on full screen while im use that the laptop is blocked by someone
                          i managed to unlock but now every time when i switch on the laptop its shows message product information not valid
                          system is booting in manufacturing program mode ....:1
                          i dont want to enter the original serial number or mac etc because it maybe block again
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by macadam View Post
                            hi
                            i need a help
                            ive got a elitebook 1030 g4
                            bios was locked and message on full screen while im use that the laptop is blocked by someone
                            i managed to unlock but now every time when i switch on the laptop its shows message product information not valid
                            system is booting in manufacturing program mode ....:1
                            i dont want to enter the original serial number or mac etc because it maybe block again
                            try this..
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T57ktw8n3Y
                            Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
                              thanks
                              i can enter the info from laptop but the problem is, im thinking if enet the serial number and mac address it can block again when i connect to internet

Comment

Originally posted by macadam View Post
                                thanks
                                i can enter the info from laptop but the problem is, im thinking if enet the serial number and mac address it can block again when i connect to internet
                                well, if the password has been deleted, how to get it back...

Comment

I can see 3 BIOS chips on laptop, one is smallest in size, the one in the middle is 25c256jveq winbond and the last one next to it is another winbond 16mbs. I have ch341a programmer.

My understanding I also need to reprogram the big winbond chip (I think it is 32mbs). Can my ch341a read this chip?

Also which chips do I need to dump? (32 and 16?)

Last question can I use RCUnlocker for these, if so which dumps needs to be treated (32 and 16?) ?

Comment

Originally posted by wolf3d.exe View Post
                                    I can see 3 BIOS chips on laptop, one is smallest in size, the one in the middle is 25c256jveq winbond and the last one next to it is another winbond 16mbs. I have ch341a programmer.

My understanding I also need to reprogram the big winbond chip (I think it is 32mbs). Can my ch341a read this chip?

Last question can I use RCUnlocker for these, if so which dumps needs to be treated (32 and 16?) ?
                                    Use RCUnlocker with your 16MB Chip that's all.
                                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
                                    all donations are welcome,
                                    see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
                                    >>>>>
                                    click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
                                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

No, your understanding is wrong.
                                      Yes, it can be read by the Ch341a.

Yes , you can.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
                                        No, your understanding is wrong.
                                        Yes, it can be read by the Ch341a.

Yes , you can.
                                        Thank you, all done! Flashed 16mb. I was skeptical about 32mb dump because some people asked to post those as well. Also a question about surestart. What does 32mb chip hold? Is there a copy of locked bios? (that could be restored if sure start activated and detects tampering or difference between backup and actual)

Comment

Hello,

Please can someone check the 16MB bin file below. I tried loading it onto RC_unlocker but get the message - "Wrong chip, try reading and unlocking 16MB chip".

Thanks.
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X