X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HP Elitebook X360 1030 G4 BIOS unlock request

Originally posted by hashmiUNITED View Post
    Hello,

Please can someone check the 16MB bin file below. I tried loading it onto RC_unlocker but get the message - "Wrong chip, try reading and unlocking 16MB chip".

Thanks.
    see that the posted content is longer than 16MB... read the chip one more time and try again..
    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
      see that the posted content is longer than 16MB... read the chip one more time and try again..
      Thanks I will try again.

Also I used Dataman 48UXP to read chip, is this okay or should I order and use the CH341A programmer?

Comment

Thanks I will try again.

Also I used Dataman 48UXP to read chip, is this okay or should I order and use the CH341A programmer?
        I don't use any of them.. I don't know how to tell you.. try what you have and post again..
        Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
          It just needs the last 1KB trimming off. The programmer has saved SFDP timing information at the end.I googled what SFDP was so i could be wrong.
          Thanks I will try again.

Does the programmer have an option to save without SFDP ? ,can you use a hex editor to delete the unwanted 1KB at the end of the file

https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...ef0c18f624.pdf
          Attached Files
          Last edited by SMDFlea; 03-15-2023, 11:07 AM.
          All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Re: HP Elitebook X360 1030 G4 BIOS unlock request plz

HP Elitebook X360 1030 G4 BIOS unlock
            mx25L25673G 32MO
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by hoba0073 View Post
              mx25L25673G 32MO
              https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...0&postcount=49
              https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...3&postcount=57
              https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...4&postcount=58

Sometimes it helps if you read the whole thread first.
              Last edited by SMDFlea; 03-15-2023, 11:03 AM.
              All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by hoba0073 View Post
                mx25L25673G 32MO
                First boot load bios factory defaults, save and exit and then at the next boot disable security options
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                  It just needs the last 1KB trimming off. The programmer has saved SFDP timing information at the end.I googled what SFDP was so i could be wrong.

Does the programmer have an option to save without SFDP ? ,can you use a hex editor to delete the unwanted 1KB at the end of the file

Hi I have found SDFP and removed it from file but I still get the same message.

Please see attachements.

Thanks.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi sorry pleae ignore my post above I misunderstood your post I deleted the last 1KB of the .bin file and now was able to use RC_unlocker.

However I have another problem the laptop does not seem to turn on. I get blinking orange and white light when I put it on charge and caps lock light is on all the time.

Do I need to reset CMOS settings somehow. Thanks.

Comment

Hi sorry pleae ignore my post above I misunderstood your post I deleted the last 1KB of the .bin file and now was able to use RC_unlocker.

However I have another problem the laptop does not seem to turn on. I get blinking orange and white light when I put it on charge and caps lock light is on all the time.

Do I need to reset CMOS settings somehow. Thanks.
                      recheck all your soldering and look for any damaged or missing parts around the bios chip if you used a hot air station. Does this model have a CMOS battery, did you remove it. did you remove the main battery.
                      Flash the old bios back and see if there`s any difference

Comment

First time messing with direct BIOS flashing here. Read and understood everything I could find, so please be gentle.

Got a CH314A black edition, did the 3.3v mod. Finally found a version of the software that Chrome and Edge said didn't have a virus in it. Hooked it up, detected the chip, there is no exact match for the chip. Have a Winbond W25Q128JV, ended up using BV. Every time I read the chip, validation fails. However, I was able to use RCUnlocker, and RC says it was able to complete the unlock.

Right now I'm attempting an in-circuit flash with all other power sources disconnected. When the software attempts to do the validation, it immediately fails, as if it can't read the chip the second time.

Since RCUnlocker reports it was able to do its job, should I just send it and flash the image? Or should I get this validation issue figured out first?

Thanks!

Comment

Yes validation is important

Comment

recheck all your soldering and look for any damaged or missing parts around the bios chip if you used a hot air station. Does this model have a CMOS battery, did you remove it. did you remove the main battery.
                            Flash the old bios back and see if there`s any difference
                            Hi I managed to get the laptop back working again by flashing the old bios bin. However when I re-flash the unlocked bios bin I get both caps lock and num lock keys flash 7 times. Any reason why this might be?

Thanks.

Comment

Re: HP Elitebook X360 1030 G4 BIOS

blink only
                              is there a solution
                              Thanks in advance
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X