Patching bios dumps and sercuity i2c remove computrace E531 / E530

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Patching bios dumps and sercuity i2c remove computrace E531 / E530

Hello, I am trying to remove computrace from about 10 laptops I got in a school auction. I'm not familiar with this setup. From what I understand the actual lock resides in the I2C chip labeled U8 on this and many other Thinkpads. I buy these allot so some better understanding would be awesome. Attached are my two Bios dumps and the third P24s08 chip which is new to me. Thanks.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by neverexisted; 08-28-2021, 08:16 AM.

Re: Patching bios dumps and sercuity i2c remove computrace E531 / E530

For models with the P24s08 or equivalent chip ,you can short 2 pins together while booting. The lenovo autopatcher will not work.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...07&postcount=9
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
      For models with the P24s08 or equivalent chip ,you can short 2 pins together while booting. The lenovo autopatcher will not work.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...07&postcount=9
      I have tried but computrace remains greyed out and enabled. Also on another model I can't even get autopatcher to work it just errors out.

By that I mean I was able to do that method with success and set and clear a password but it had no effect on computrace.
      Last edited by neverexisted; 08-28-2021, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by neverexisted View Post
        I have tried but computrace remains greyed out and enabled. Also on another model I can't even get autopatcher to work it just errors out.

By that I mean I was able to do that method with success and set and clear a password but it had no effect on computrace.
        Put a blank 24c08 (or erase the existing one from adress 0x300 if you want to keep serial machine type, etc.) and rewrite serial, etc. with lenovo maintenance disk. I did that to a T430 and worked.
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
        all donations are welcome,
        see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
        >>>>>
        click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
        Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
        X