Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Modern Samxon and Teapo caps much better these days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Modern Samxon and Teapo caps much better these days?

Originally posted by momaka View Post

As for CapXon... .
    is the CapXon KF (red, low ESR) also bad?

Comment

Originally posted by mockingbird View Post
      Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I just had to comment on Samxon SK.

Our local cable provider started using these in the cable boxes... Where an identical model would hade had Japanese caps, SK our there in their place.

TheLaw, you make a good point, but now that there's a materials shortage around the world, can Chinese companies be trusted? Sure, Japan and China are shame-based cultures as opposed to the guilt-based culture of the west, but if faced with an electrolyte shortage, would UCC release a batch of KZE which they know to be defective?

I think not.

The same can't be said for Samxon.
      I don't know for sure. I think Chinese companies have gotten a big enough credibility boost over the last decade that they do have some reputation to protect and uphold.

Samxon has reported to our company that they have widespread material shortage issues (just like everyone else) and they too can't meet delivery dates. I don't know if that's evidence that they're not substituting inferior material, but maybe it's worth something.

Comment

Originally posted by AleXis6 View Post
        crapxons KF are black and utter crap, replace on sight as it ALWAYS fails, only matter of when
        Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
        Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

I've only seen CapXon KF with black sleeves and silver printing... but I don't think that really makes a difference, since I've seen CapXon use other colors for their KM series (e.g. Apevia/Aspire ATX PSUs.)

In any case, my experience has been that CapXon KF have very poor reliability. So I always try and replace them whenever possible.

Comment

Me too. I think that *maybe* Capxon GL are slightly better.

On the other hand, Capxon KM are totally terrible but since they are general purpose caps, the blame is on the psu manufacturers for using them on secondary output rail filters.

Comment

Originally posted by Behemot View Post
              crapxons KF are black and utter crap, replace on sight as it ALWAYS fails, only matter of when
              I am not sure is it KF or not but sure in bright red color, it was relatively expensive and with low ESR 17mOhm (1000 x 63V).
              Now I have a replacement from Rubycon and will replace it
              Last edited by AleXis6; 01-17-2022, 12:24 AM.

Comment

more likely different series? could also be fake if sourced from fleebay and such
                Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Comment

Ugh why do people buy those crap caps when Nichicon and other brands are far superior

Comment

Originally posted by CapSwapper View Post
                    Ugh why do people buy those crap caps
                    because almost no possible to buy good caps in my country in 1 day.
                    I bought it and soldered to repair my soldering station a half year ago, now can replace it. and this red Capxon had price as Nichicon and it has really good parameters (capacity, resistance, leakage).

Comment

Originally posted by CapSwapper View Post
                      Ugh why do people buy those crap caps when Nichicon and other brands are far superior
                      When a company buys caps by the millions, even a $0.01 price difference adds up. Bean counters aren't renowned for their component engineering knowledge.

As for individuals, in many countries the choices are limited. Folks in the US are kind of spoiled when it comes to having lots of choices.
                      Last edited by PeteS in CA; 01-18-2022, 01:30 PM.
                      PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
                      To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

because almost no possible to buy good caps in my country in 1 day.
                        I bought it and soldered to repair my soldering station a half year ago, now can replace it. and this red Capxon had price as Nichicon and it has really good parameters (capacity, resistance, leakage).
                        can send ya caps from here, won't arrive in a day, but should be in a week or so

Comment

Originally posted by jayjr1105 View Post
                          Interesting. So are Taiwanese caps pretty good these days? Where can you even buy them?
                          Apaq 5K series is doing very well in terms of reliability and performance,
                          Obviously I prefer Japanese FP capacitors, or Os-con, Nichicon over Apaq, but Apaq for what it is, is one of the best Taiwanese capacitors.
                          About the Samxon (Solids are actually sold as X-CON) brand, the ULR series mounts them on the XBOX and many devices and they are doing very well.
                          Last edited by kevin!; 01-31-2022, 07:51 AM.
                          Gaming pc:
                          nVidia RTX 3080 TI, Corsair RM750I.
                          Workshop PC:
                          Intel core i5 8400, Intel SSD 256GB, nvidia gt1030, asus b365-a.
                          Server:

Comment

no reason to drag polymers into it, those have not been seen failed yet (else under extreme circuimstances), not even lelon or sacon! what's of concern is wet eletrolytic and possibly in near future, hybrid caps

Comment

Originally posted by Behemot View Post
                              no reason to drag polymers into it, those have not been seen failed yet (else under extreme circuimstances), not even lelon or sacon! what's of concern is wet eletrolytic and possibly in near future, hybrid caps
                              Totally agree.
                              It's incredible, a friend has an i7 3770 with an ASUS P8H77-I motherboard, the pc has 80,000h, and no Apaq has yet failed, and he plays with that computer almost every day.
                              The most incredible thing is that his old r7 270 has not died either, although this card has about 60,000 hours of use.
                              Gaming pc:
                              nVidia RTX 3080 TI, Corsair RM750I.
                              Workshop PC:
                              Intel core i5 8400, Intel SSD 256GB, nvidia gt1030, asus b365-a.
                              Server:

Comment

with polymers, you have to take into acount the whole life expectancy formula (while for wet lytics, you can approximate the other half by 1), as they are much more heat resistant and also thanks to low ESR, they handle higher ripple currents (so, in reality, there is likely lower RC on them, so lower heating resulting in longer life)

Comment

Working...
                                X