This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi, I'am from Portugal and have a small repair shop since 1980.
    I pretend to learn and teach something here in BADCAPS.
    See you arround...

regards

Comment

Hi, I discovered this site by accident and was quite excited by the wealth of collective knowledge. I am a retired Electrical Engineer with 35 yrs experience in Air Traffic Control systems and facilities. I love to try anything at least once and enjoy the challenge of diagnosing and fixing electronic or electrical problems.

Comment

Hi, I'm new here, I am a computer hobbyist specializing in Cyber Security.

Comment

Hello to All

Comment

Hi, this looks like a very good and friendly forum. I'm 70 years old, going on 39. I'm not a tech, but I am a user. I stumbled on this forum while searching for info on how to fix a dead lcd tv. I've been a salesman most of my life, and was a QC inspector and QC Engineer. I am now retired and still wanting to learn more things. Glad to be here. I'm in Indiana, USA.

Comment

Hello from Missouri!

Comment

Hey everyone! Didn't know anything about this forum until my girlfriend's TV just broke. I'm trying as hard as I can to find a solution, but unfortunately I know a lot more about the software side of electronics than the hardware side. Hopefully, this will be a great opportunity to learn some new stuff.

Comment

hello @ all

my name is alex,28 yo, i'm a technician in munich, germany.

i worked this job for 3-4 years but only the software side.

now my boss wants me to learn hardware too, so im here to pickup some quick tips time to time before i go to school.

thx alot in advance for everything.

Comment

Hello guys im new here and new in electronics as well... So I am hoping to learn something here.. until i can help someone else... Very good in IT so if someone needs help with that feel free to contact me...

Thx and have a nice day...

Kind regards!

Comment

Hi
                      New member,looking for some help

Dave

Comment

new member looking for some help!
                        dave

Comment

Hello I am a new member that has just found your forum. Thank you for letting me be a part of your forum. With any luck I can get my DTV HD satellite receiver running again :>})

Tim

Comment

Hi fellow electronics enthusiasts! Just a quick intro. I am a SWM located in the St. louis area, and am into most anything and everything mechanical / electrical. I am a actually a Licensed Electrical Contractor, but only because TV / VCR repair never did pay the bills worth a darn.
                            I originally took college auto mechanics after I was discharged from the US Army in 1975 but hated being greasy all the time. I returned to college in 1991 at age 37 and attended Missouri Tech in (graduated 1992) (AOSEE). I have worked a LOT of different jobs, from full motion flght simulator technician, to local factory service technician for commerical laundry equipment in the St. Louis area. (not laundormats!)
                            Sheesh, I could write a book here, but sadly I have places to go things to fix..

Great Forum!

Comment

Well, I'm not new to electronics and have had a degree for over 20yrs, but now my Element TV is broken and I'll look anywhere for answers....I also have a sanyo to repair...I'm not going into business, but some of the videos (youtube) on this issue lend no help....I know how to solder, and still need help as I don't have an "ESR" meter at my disposal. Who knows...maybe one you you will need my help with a computer???

Shalom!

Comment

Hello just joined this site because i have a vf550 55"vizio that wont turn on it has a orange light and will click on to white but i get no picture. im not sure where to start in repairing it.

Comment

Hello Everyone,

I've joined because I found the forum useful in repairing a TV, with bad caps

I been repairing electronics all my life, obtained an associates degree in 2000 for Electronics Servicing. From there I worked for a CATV system amplifier repair company called Comsonics. Then I moved to cellphones, and went on to computer repair thereafter. I work on my own with computer and Tv repair jobs, and I also work at a hospital.

Thanks!

Chris

Comment

I am an idiot with a broken TV and need help.

Comment

Hi. I'm a DIY repairer dedicated to saving our broken stuff from the scrapheap/landfill. Most of the electronics I've fixed has cost very little but would have cost very much to have repaired by a "pro".

Best save was a near dead electronic sewing machine owned by an acquaintance. Sewing machine repairman wanted to replace the main board for $800. I told her i'd have a look, since that was an insane amount of money. Changed one inrush current limiting thermistor for not very much and has been working fine since. Had to buy a batch for $5 to get the right one.

In my limited experiences, failed components seem to be mostly: caps, caps, caps, caps, power diodes, motor control transistors, inrush current limiting thermistors.

Comment

Hi all, My name is Christian, just turned 40.

Jack of all trades, master of none.

Seems like every week I come across something that won't power on and really want to learn how to troubleshoot.

Have had one successful fix on my parents LCD TV, repair man wanted almost $400 and thanks to the Internet I fixed it myself for $1.70 and saved it from the landfill..it was my first and only soldering job so far.

Going to learn a lot here I think

Comment

Hi, my name is Cristian, someone gave me a dell 2007wfp monitor with a small defect, randomly restarts. I hope I can find a solution here

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                          X