Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help finding alternative rectifier (SF3006PT)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help finding alternative rectifier (SF3006PT)

I'm working on my treadmill motor control board and found a short on the motor side. The rectifier SF3006PT is shorted across 2 legs. I don't believe I got it back on the heat sink properly when replacing the bridge rectifier that had gone out which lead to it getting hot and blowing about 30 mins into a jog. I've looked around and most of what I'm seeing is at least a month out from China. I'm wondering if anyone has an ideas on a suitable alternative that I could find within a week or so stateside. Below is the Mouser data sheet.

https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...ec9d8cb238.pdf

Re: Help finding alternative rectifier (SF3006PT)

On Semi's MUR3040WTG looks very similar (60nS recovery time instead of 35nS), https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...7a104ec573.pdf
    PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
    To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

Originally posted by curt2199 View Post
      I’ve looked around and most of what I’m seeing is at least a month out from China.
      I would suggest you avoid buying semiconductors directly from sites that stock Chinese "non-verified" components - e.g. Amazon, eBay, AliExpress, and etc. The reason why is because there are way too many counterfeit parts. With semiconductors, it seems they always blow up or burn out at a fraction of the specs they are rated for, if dealing with counterfeit parts. Now, when it comes to eBay, there are genuine sellers and sell genuine parts (typically production over-stock), but you kind of have to know how to identify them. FWIW, Digikey and Mouser are usually the two safest approaches to buying genuine parts.

Comment

Thanks but Digikey and Mouser were out of stock. Ended up ordering on eBay from a German seller. 2 week wait timeā€¦ we'll see.

Originally posted by momaka View Post
        I would suggest you avoid buying semiconductors directly from sites that stock Chinese "non-verified" components - e.g. Amazon, eBay, AliExpress, and etc. The reason why is because there are way too many counterfeit parts. With semiconductors, it seems they always blow up or burn out at a fraction of the specs they are rated for, if dealing with counterfeit parts. Now, when it comes to eBay, there are genuine sellers and sell genuine parts (typically production over-stock), but you kind of have to know how to identify them. FWIW, Digikey and Mouser are usually the two safest approaches to buying genuine parts.

Comment

You could have went with the SF3008PT which is just a 600v version of the 400v and is in stock at digikey.
          Digikey pt# SF3008PTC0G-ND 710 in stock
          Last edited by R_J; 02-05-2022, 05:54 PM.

Comment

^Agreed.

Anyways, I hope O/P keeps us posted how it goes. Hopefully he does get a genuine part at least.

Comment

Working...
            X