Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Product Recall or Ban - Toy synthesizer keyboard Shen Kong 520 ( SK-520 )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Product Recall or Ban - Toy synthesizer keyboard Shen Kong 520 ( SK-520 )

it would be useful if people can update us with news of product recalls or bans.

Here is one.

Toy synthesizer keyboard Shen Kong 520 ( SK-520 ) manufactured by Shengang Electronic of China aka JinJiang Shenkong Electronics Toys Co.,Ltd. Banned in Greece today following one fire incident.

Attached Files
    Last edited by willawake; 12-27-2006, 12:39 PM.
    capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Re: Product Recall or Ban news

http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/dyna/r...rchives_en.cfm - found one Gembird PSU and two DVD players recalled.

I am considering making a vanilla version of a list of banned and substandard power supplies in another area, which would be like
    My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Comment

Here is the recalls search page for the US Consumer Product Safety Commission.
      Drilling down a bit, I found this list:
      Product Type: Computer Equipment
      Sony Recalls Notebook Computer Batteries Due to Previous Fires (October 23, 2006)
      Lenovo and IBM Announce Recall of ThinkPad Notebook Computer Batteries Due to Fire Hazard (September 28, 2006)
      Apple Recall of Batteries Used in Previous iBook and PowerBook Computers Due To Fire Hazard (August 24, 2006)
      Dell Recall of Notebook Computer Batteries Due To Fire Hazard (August 15, 2006)
      Lexar JumpDrive Computer Storage Devices Recalled for Burn Hazard, Certain Models Involved (July 6, 2006)
      HP Recalls Notebook Computer Batteries Due to Fire Hazard (April 20, 2006)
      Dell Recall of Notebook Computer Batteries (December 16, 2005)
      Hewlett-Packard Company Recall of Notebook Computer Batteries (October 14, 2005 )
      Hitachi Cable Manchester Inc. Recall of 25- and 50-Pair Plenum Network Cables (May 31, 2005)
      Cables To Go Recall of Power Adapters Sold with Go!Data Drive Enclosures (May 31, 2005)
      Apple Recall of iBook and PowerBook Computer Batteries (May 20, 2005)
      Philips PC Peripherals Recall of Hewlett-Packard Company L2035 Flat Panel Monitors (January 14, 2005)
      Psion Teklogix Corp.Recall of AC Power Adapters (December 14, 2004 )
      Dell Inc. Recall of AC Adapters for Notebook Computers (October 08, 2004 )
      NCR Corp. Recall of NCR Universal Inkjet Refill Kits (September 15, 2004 )
      Lexmark International Inc. Recall of Laser Printers (September 7, 2004 )
      Apple Recall of PowerBook Computer Batteries (August 19, 2004 )
      NETGEAR Inc. Recall of Wall Plug Ethernet Bridges (July 14, 2004 )
      Certain VAIO Notebook Computers Recalled by Sony Electronics Inc. (September 25, 2003 )
      IBM and LiteOn Technology Expand Previously Announced Recall of Computer Monitors (August 29, 2003)
      Computer Monitors Recalled by IBM (March 4, 2003)
      Xerox International Partners Retrofit of Network Laser Printers (January 29, 2003)
      Laser Printers Recalled by Brother International (October 22, 2002 )
      Next Level Communications Recall of Power Supply for Computer Modems (December 17, 2001)
      Computer Distributors Recall of Batteries for Notebook Computers (November 13, 2001 )
      Fax Machines Recalled by Canon U.S.A. Inc. (May 10, 2001 )
      Notebook Computer Battery Packs by Compaq Recalled (October 27, 2000 )
      Batteries for Notebook-Computers Recalled by Dell (October 13, 2000 )
      Last edited by PeteS in CA; 12-27-2006, 08:49 PM.
      PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
      To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

thanks a lot. i will have fun reading all that.

theres a few multimeters in the RAPEX reports. makes one think twice about plugging those cheap ones into AC.

Comment

Nokia is offering to replace 46 million batteries for its mobile phones after reports of overheating while charging. The problems are confined to BL-5C batteries made by Matsushita between December 2005 and November 2006.full article

http://www.nokia.com/batteryreplacement/en/
          Last edited by willawake; 08-14-2007, 03:21 AM.

Comment

I just checked my nokia.. BL-4C, safe for now!
            Ya'll think us folk from the country's real funny-like, dontcha?

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of BADCAPS.NET or any of their affiliates.

Comment

The world's top mobile phone maker, Finland's Nokia, on Friday said it had agreed with Japan's Matsushita Electric Industrial on costs related to "BL-5C" batteries. Nokia warned on August 14 that the Nokia-branded BL-5C batteries made between December 2005 and November 2006 could overheat.

According to the agreement, Matsushita Battery Industrial will cover the direct costs related to the issue, a representative of the cell phone phone maker said. "Impact on Nokia's results will be minimal." Matsushita said replacement of the 46 million affected batteries is expected to cost $86 million to $172 million. The company said it had no plans to revise its earnings outlook.

Comment

Microsoft is issuing replacement parts for 230,000 control wheels for its Xbox video game console after users reported overheating and smoke from the units.

Microsoft warned owners of the steering wheel control, which mimics the sensation of driving a racing car, not to use mains electricity.

It said the steering wheel was still safe to use with batteries.

The company has received 50 reports of the controllers overheating and releasing smoke when plugged in.

Comment

AC Adapters Sold With Network Hard Drives Recalled by I-O Data Device USA Due to Burn Hazard

WASHINGTON, D.C. - The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with the firm named below, today announced a voluntary recall of the following consumer product. Consumers should stop using recalled products immediately unless otherwise instructed.

Name of Product: AC Adapters sold with Network Hard Disk Drives

Units: About 740

Importer: I-O Data Device USA Inc., of San Jose, Calif.

Hazard: The AC adapters can overheat or melt, posing a burn hazard to consumers.

Incidents/Injuries: I-O Data Device USA has received three reports of the adapters overheating and deforming or melting. No injuries have been reported.

Description: This recall involves all AC adapters with model number IO-ACADP1510UL. The model number can be found on the AC adapter. The AC adapters were sold with I-O Data® network hard disk drives model number UHDL-160U or UHDL-300U. The model number for the network hard disk drive is located on a label at the base of the console.
                  http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml07/07287.html

Comment

Sony recalls DSC-T5 series digital cameras. Oh great, I have one.... looks like I'm probably affected too....

Sony has recently discovered that some DSC-T5 Cyber-shot® digital still cameras may experience peeling and warping of the metal coating on the bottom of the camera that could result in a slight cut or scratch to the user's skin.

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/new...T5&news_id=210
                    Don't find love, let love find you. That's why its called falling in love, because you don't force yourself to fall, you just fall. - Anonymous

Comment

HP adds some more laptop battery recall yesterday
                      dv1000 V2000 nc6110 nx6110
                      dv8000 V2400 nc6120 nx6120
                      zd8000 nc6140 nx4800
                      nc6220 nx4820
                      nc6230 nx9600

Note: Not all HP notebook PCs listed have an affected battery pack.

http://bpr.hpordercenter.com/sbpr/

Comment

Effects Dell and Toshiba, too http://www.marketwatch.com/news/stor...D82A99F101C%7D
                        Ludicrous gibs!

Comment

No recall but interesting.
                          Just heard news that Panasonic is buying Sanyo.
                          That's a big one.
                          The sky is falling, and,,, Happy Hollowween.
                          Jim

Comment

Another recall site: http://www.recalls.gov/
                            veritas odium parit

Comment

Sony KDL Bravia

Hi just spotted this recall/test from Oct or Nov 2011 and thought id post it.
                              in case some of you are about to explode!!

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/new...template_id=1#
                              Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
                              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Made the thread sticky; this info is important if it is updated frequently enough.
                                sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Re: Product Recall -Samsung Laptop

Not sure when this is from -it is on Samsung Brazil -translated from Portuguese

Press Notebook

SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS LTD THE AMAZON. communicate to the buyers of Samsung Laptops, models NF110, NF210, RF411, RV410, RV411, SF310, SF410, which due to a flaw in the operating system product, they may have their logic capacity (which is displayed on the notebook operating system) reduced. This information can be seen when analyzing the storage capacity of the product. To check if your notebook is on the list of products subject to repair, see here .

It is important to note that the physical storage capacity of HDD remains unchanged, and corresponds with what is reported in the product manual.

Samsung, in order to maintain trust with their consumers, provide, quickly and objectively, the restoration of logical capacity HDD of Laptop mentioned above, in all its technical support network at no cost to consumers.

Samsung highlights that the user data (including but not limited to software and sundry personal files) are damaged or corrupted in this procedure. In this sense, the consumer must ensure that your data is properly saved prior to shipment of the Samsung Notebook.

Samsung also said that this operational problem has been solved, so the notebooks produced after this date will not show any abnormality. Finally, Samsung states that this problem, if confirmed, offers no risk of accident or injury to consumers.

For further information and clarification, please contact SAMSUNG at phone. 4004-0000 (Capitals and large cities) / 0800-124-421 (Other cities and regions)

SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS AMAZON.
                                  Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
                                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Don't forget the iPod Nano recall

https://www.apple.com/support/ipodnano_replacement/
                                    "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
                                    -David VanHorn

Comment

Not all product recalls are safety related.
                                      I remember a Western Digital HDD quality recall in the late-90s.
                                      My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Comment

Originally posted by japlytic View Post
                                        Not all product recalls are safety related.
                                        I remember a Western Digital HDD quality recall in the late-90s.
                                        Probably the Caviar 1 GBs made before 1998! In my book, not good like recent Caviars.

They often got bad sectors and one I have partially failed out of the blue, with only 238 MiB accessible! Anything beyond 238 MiB results in a click of death!

IIRC, both of them got bad sectors!

I don't have them anymore.
                                        Last edited by RJARRRPCGP; 03-02-2012, 07:15 PM.
                                        ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Working...
                                        X