Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: bios dump elitebook 840 g3

Hi everyone.

Can I replace WSON8 [MXIC MX25L12873FZNI] with SOP-8 [Winbond 25Q128FVSG] chip on 840 g3?

Comment

Originally posted by classicandy View Post
      Hi everyone.

Can I replace WSON8 [MXIC MX25L12873FZNI] with SOP-8 [Winbond 25Q128FVSG] chip on 840 g3?
      Flash ROM ID's must be in the VSCC table within the BIOS (Descriptor region).
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
      Become a Badcaps supporter
      >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
      Thanks to all supporters.​
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
        Flash ROM ID's must be in the VSCC table within the BIOS (Descriptor region).
        Sorry I don't understand. So basically, you mean I can't?

I use CH341A programmer and I've had issues writing on WSON8 chips

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
          the bios is empty..remove the bios chip from the motherboard before writing or reading..or glue wires between chip and proframator, do not use the clip..if errors..use these programs ... and post again ..

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...04&postcount=7
          https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...6&postcount=10
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWWigscuQDY
          But I want to try this out. Hoping to be successful.

Comment

But I want to try this out. Hoping to be successful.
            Write and verify successful..... Laptop still not displaying. Flashing white and orange led continuously.

Original problem of this laptop was BIOS Admin password. Original BIOS was wiped by previous repair techs before it got to me.

I flashed with the attached file gotten from this thread in Post #524.

Please I need EC file. Seems the current one must have been tampered with also.
            Last edited by SMDFlea; 04-02-2023, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Write and verify successful..... Laptop still not displaying. Flashing white and orange led continuously.

Original problem of this laptop was BIOS Admin password. Original BIOS was wiped by previous repair techs before it got to me.

I flashed with the attached file gotten from this thread in Post #524.

Please I need EC file. Seems the current one must have been tampered with also.
              You are most likely getting white and orange lights because the bios chip is not properly soldered on. Try pushing down on it when applying hot air.

Comment

Originally posted by Temp_user1 View Post
                You are most likely getting white and orange lights because the bios chip is not properly soldered on. Try pushing down on it when applying hot air.
                It turned out that the other BIOS chip was the wrong one put by the former repair tech. After replacing it with the correct one and flashing a backup dump from a similar working laptop, the Laptop now powers On but no display and the Capslock blinks 5 times.

I did trace the legs of the chips with continuity and they are reading ok

Comment

Hi, please help me to unlock bios password for elitebook 840 g3
                  6050A2728501-MB-A01

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by razycool0 View Post
                    Hi, please help me to unlock bios password for elitebook 840 g3
                    6050A2728501-MB-A01

thanks
                    >

Comment

I'll try this one and tell you the result.
                      thanks again

Comment

thanks alot, it works ,
                        can you tell me wich tools did you use please,
                        because i did try with HP unlocker but couldn't unlock it.

Comment

thanks alot, it works ,
                          You're welcome.
                          can you tell me wich tools did you use please,
                          because i did try with HP unlocker but couldn't unlock it.
                          I didn't used a tool, just edited the file. Your attempt with the HPUnlocker failed because in your case there was a user (not admin) password set.

Comment

ok, i see, this pc belong to my neighber, he had instal hp assistence support and when reboot the pc, it ask for password even if he didn't put it, thanks again

Comment

Hi, please help me to unlock bios password for Elitebook 840 G3
                              6050A2728501-MB-A01

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by dragon92 View Post
                                Hi, please help me to unlock bios password for Elitebook 840 G3
                                6050A2728501-MB-A01

Thanks
                                the posted bios is longer .. be careful how you write this one..try this ..
                                Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Hi. hp 840 g3 Motherboard number 6050a2892401-mb-a01 . I tried to reset the BIOS password and tried different dumps . now the screen is black and the fan is running at maximum . the original bios also does not turn on . help to solve the problem

Comment

Originally posted by soimu View Post
                                    Hi. hp 840 g3 Motherboard number 6050a2892401-mb-a01 . I tried to reset the BIOS password and tried different dumps . now the screen is black and the fan is running at maximum . the original bios also does not turn on . help to solve the problem
                                    try..
                                    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
                                      try..

does not work ,
                                      the screen is black and the fan is running at maximum

Comment

solved , thank you all . the problem is programmer tnm5000 . with rt809h things are good

Comment

Hi!
                                          Need help for unlock elitebook 840 G3 bios pass .

Comment

Working...
                                          X