Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Microsoft Surface Pro 3 UEFI password

Hi,

Was wondering if someone could decrypt my bios password for me.

Thanks
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 03-25-2023, 06:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by K!llSwitch View Post
      Hi,

Was wondering if someone could decrypt my bios password for me.

Thanks
      Try: UXfp83uTu

Comment

Originally posted by merulok View Post
        Try: UXfp83uTu
        Cheers that's the one

Comment

Hi folks,

I recently bought a Surface Pro 7, and I am having a similar problem where I cannot get to the UEFI settings. Currently the camera on this machine is not recognized and after trying many methods I believe it must be disabled in UEFI, but I cannot get to it to check due to the password.

Do you guys know if the same process used in this thread would work for this model (Pro 7)?

I have to admit I did not fully understood the process to get this dump file to post here, but if you think it will work for this model I will attempt to do it.

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Gui19 View Post
            Hi folks,

I recently bought a Surface Pro 7, and I am having a similar problem where I cannot get to the UEFI settings. Currently the camera on this machine is not recognized and after trying many methods I believe it must be disabled in UEFI, but I cannot get to it to check due to the password.

Do you guys know if the same process used in this thread would work for this model (Pro 7)?

I have to admit I did not fully understood the process to get this dump file to post here, but if you think it will work for this model I will attempt to do it.

Thank you!

Since it doesnt work on pro 4 then it wont work on pro 7. Technology doesn't tend to go backwards.

Comment

Originally posted by RethoricalCheese View Post
              Since it doesnt work on pro 4 then it wont work on pro 7. Technology doesn't tend to go backwards.
              Thanks for the reply.

That is unfortunate though... do you know of any solution I could use to bypass/remove the password in this device model?

Comment

Hi folks,

Thank you!
                Send me the file

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

That is unfortunate though... do you know of any solution I could use to bypass/remove the password in this device model?

You must get access to your bios chip, use a programmer to read it, send it to us, we could modify it and you could program the modified file.

Comment

Try: quPa3r
                    Finally got to try it today, worked as needed, removed the password and re-enabled the settings I needed. THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Comment

Originally posted by RethoricalCheese View Post
                      You must get access to your bios chip, use a programmer to read it, send it to us, we could modify it and you could program the modified file.
                      I am sorry if my questions are too basic, but when you mean get access to the BIOS chip do you mean physically by disassembling it?

Comment

I am sorry if my questions are too basic, but when you mean get access to the BIOS chip do you mean physically by disassembling it?
                        That's what he meant. You need to disassemble the device until you have physical access to the BIOS chip to dump the BIOS.

Didn't you buy a new device or why is BIOS locked?

Comment

Originally posted by rRob View Post
                          That's what he meant. You need to disassemble the device until you have physical access to the BIOS chip to dump the BIOS.

Didn't you buy a new device or why is BIOS locked?
                          Thanks for confirming...

I bought it used and already contacted the seller, but he was not aware of it nor does he know the password (seems like he bought it from someone else).

For sure I dont feel confident to try to open this device, will try to find someone who does.

Thanks again

Comment

Atleast ask the seller to return some money. It's quite easy to break the glass with disassembly.

Comment

Hi there, I ve got my own sp3 with forgotten UEFI administrator password. sucks. Can anyone help me to decrypt the password from the attached bios dump file please? Many thanks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bernieguan View Post
                                Hi there, I ve got my own sp3 with forgotten UEFI administrator password. sucks. Can anyone help me to decrypt the password from the attached bios dump file please? Many thanks!!!
                                Password: CnsstB0ss2015

Comment

Password: CnsstB0ss2015
                                  Thanks merulok, that's the one.

Comment

hi guys thank all for the great help and sharing the information.After a lot of hours and reading as noon i have finally been able to extract my surface 3 pro bios.Can someone help to find the password?

Comment

@special
                                      Here's the extracted/decoded password from dump:
                                      password = Fuckoffanddie123

Comment

OMG,this is it.Thank you very much AAAC

Comment

Hello!
                                          I am new to this forum and just found it after spending several hours trying to unlock my surface pro 3. It it working flawlessly, but wifi, bluetooth, sound and camera is disabled in bios. Under some malware attack I sat a new uefi password, but obviously it was not what I thought it was.

Was almost giving up because I do not want to disassemble it.

I ran fptw64.exe and got a bin file which I tried to find the password myself in, but my knowledge in programming is not that good. I used binwalker, UEFItools and cutter. I can find AMITSESetup, but I am not able to decrypt it.

Would you be able to find it for me? Or maybe just a little hint how to find the key and hash.

Thank you so much in advance.

Best Regards,
                                          Conny

Comment

Working...
                                          X