Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SR40 90x90 stencil direct heat, where to find?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SR40 90x90 stencil direct heat, where to find?

Mostly i use 90x90 stencils for chip reball, then i remove stencil and apply heat with heatgun...and preheater...and everything is fine. But this SR40 pch chips are very small with lots of balls half milimetar from each other...and i am not happy with results... I get bridges and so on....So i was thinking maybe to reball these SR40 chips with direct heat stencils...but i can not find it in 90x90 size. I tried aliexpress and ebay...but nothing.
    Maybe someone knows place to buy? Thx

Re: SR40 90x90 stencil direct heat, where to find?

I was under the impression direct heat stencils are of a similar size to the chip. The indirect are the larger 80x80 and 90x90 types.

Comment

Hmmm maybe you are right...when i bought rewark station i got a lots of stencils (large but for old chips) and some of them were for direct heat and some indirect so i assumed that there is also case for 90x90 stencils, but i was wrong. So that means i have to invest in a new reball jig.

Btw is anyone using 90x90 indirect heat for 40SR PCH reball? And how they keep all that balls so close to each other to not bridge? thx

Comment

Dont wont to open new topic...so i will ask here..
        Regarding size of solder balls when using stencil for reballing...I spoke with one guy who advise me to use smaller solder balls then recommended on stencil...for example on sr3yy stencil he will not use 0.45 solder balls recomended but 0.40...
        Do you use exact solder ball size recommended or? What if i use a bit smaller solder balls, any problems i should expect? Thx

Comment

Working...
        X