Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disassembling an Iiyama Prolite E2407HDS

Hi

I am currently having problems with an Iiyama E2407HDS in that it takes some five minutes or so from cold to display any video. I believe this could well be due to faulty capacitors which I am perfectly capable of replacing myself. However, I have no idea how to get into the monitor. Just how do I take the thing apart and what would I need to do so? Obviously a screwdriver but would anything else be required? Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks.

Tracey

Re: Disassembling an Iiyama Prolite E2407HDS

Hi

Its Tracey again. After going onto YouTube and watching some videos of dismantling a PC monitor I had a go and I've now managed to get to the innards of my monitor and as suspected there were two capacitors, both 1500uF 16V which were bulging and leaking electrolyte. Two more such capacitors have now been ordered (Panasonics) and once they arrive I shall be putting them in and putting everything back together. Hopefully that will fix the problem I had.

Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by TraceyW View Post
      Hi

Its Tracey again. After going onto YouTube and watching some videos of dismantling a PC monitor I had a go and I've now managed to get to the innards of my monitor and as suspected there were two capacitors, both 1500uF 16V which were bulging and leaking electrolyte. Two more such capacitors have now been ordered (Panasonics) and once they arrive I shall be putting them in and putting everything back together. Hopefully that will fix the problem I had.

Tracey
      Hi Tracey.
      I now have the same problem opening the very same model of iiyama monitor.
      Would you kindly share how you did it?
      I can 'unclick' the front rim everywhere but at the bottom, exactly in the middle.
      Is there any screw hidden somewhere?

Comment

Lay the monitor on it's face, remove the stand (4 screws) and remove the 2 screws above the stand. Gently unclip the front trim around the edges of the screen the disconnct the connector the the switch panel and remove the back panel.
        The metal case containing the pcbs will now be loose.
        Disconnect the ribbon cable from the screen by gently press the 2 side clips and easing the ribbon cable out.
        Make a note or take a photo on the 2 sets of connectors in the sides on the PCB case.
        Using a small screwdriver push the grey locking clips down and disconnect these cables.
        The PCB unit is now removable..
        Flip it upside down and you will see 2 boards (I/O and Power Supply/PSU). The larger board is the power supply.
        Remove the 5 screws holding the PSU to the chassis and slide it backwards gently to remove it from the case.
        Check electrolytic capacitors for any bulging on the top.
        C823 and C833, both 1500uf @ 16V, are the likely suspects. Replace these remebering to check the polarity (+ / -) is correct when replacing.
        I purchased 25v Panasonic capacitors from Rapid Electonics, slightly larger but they do sqeeze in okay.
        Reassemble and test.
        That's it! It fixed mine and now switches on immediately

Comment

Please note that behind the stand are 2 brackets which are connected to the front trim.
          You need to make sure the screw holes are aligned whe re-assembling otherwise you will have difficulty putting the srews back in.

Comment

Working...
          X