This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello, My name is Bryan. I'm new to the site but have found helpful information here. I'm a do-it-yourselfer and know just enough about this stuff to make me dangerous, so I need all the help I can get!! I like getting non working things and make them work again, and TV's seem to be my toughest venture yet. I currently have a situation to post about and hope I will be welcomed and granted permission to participate.

Thanks for reading,

Bryan

Comment

Hello, I'm Phil. Been doing PC/laptop repair for many years. Now wanting to get in to more detailed motherboard repair. Fine doing reball and cap replacement, but want to diagnose more serious motherboard faults and if possible repair them.

Comment

Hi, my name is Roland. I found this site by searching for a schematic for my Gateway LP2407 monitor that faded out the other day while I was using it. This site gave me a lot of information about the power supply board. I am fairly proficient in electronics with component level repair. I am glad I found this forum. Thanks...

Comment

Hi, my name is Andrew. I found this site while researching how to repair an LCD TV.

Comment

Badcaps, I've got to say, you've got me interested. Great forum with lots of professionals in the field, and here I am in the need of some help regarding SMPS.

Best regards from Romaina.

Comment

Hey Everyone,

I found this forum trying to troubleshoot my Samsung TV that is displaying vertical lines... I became a member so I could post some pictures of my screen and ask the experts if they think its repairable.

This seems like an awesome website with an abundance of information.

Could someone please activate my account so I could post a technical question in the appropriate forum???

Thanks,

Debo

Comment

Helloooo! my names david, im 21 and have always had my head inside electronics! Really enjoy learning and am self taught, would love to one day go to school for it.

Comment

Hey guys! All new to board work though ive gotten a few LCD's up and running from scraping parts out of other electronics. here to actually learn some detailed things, well hopefully haha

Comment

Hi guys

Im a newbie to "Badcaps" but i am sure this site is gonna be like a bible to me now "
                    im steve and have a small cctv and security company.
                    I have decided i am going to put my HNC in Electronic and Electrical Engineering into good use so I have decided to start fixing faulty TVs !!!
                    I decided last week when my samsung tv died but with looking on this site i found the problem and fixed it !! It was a bad capacitor !! So i thought i should get more involved in fixing tvs !! (i hope)

Comment

Joined because of my interest in solving all kinds of electronic issues. Have already learned a good bit here! : -)

John Coffey

Comment

Hello everyone. I'm new. Searching up answers on this forum!

Comment

Hello, I am Jack. I though I would take a look at this while I am waiting for the Bruins game to start.

Comment

Hey Badcaps.net!!

I was referred here by one of the forum member (can't recall his/her screen name, but I did buy caps off of him "lcdalternatives") because I ran into some issues while replacing caps (so be expecting a help thread shortly!!).

I am not new to the computer world as I have been messing with electronics since I was allowed to leave China :P :P :P

I am a avid gamer and computer freak and have a fair rounded knowledge of components, but no master. That said, I recently graduated from college with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Biology and Chemistry (I know, this is NO WHERE NEAR electronics, but it is my hobby).

Can't wait to explore this forum!

Comment

Good day kind sirs. My name is Paul and I am from Pretoria, South Africa. Here to fix my beloved active subwoofer!

Comment

hi guys,

I 'm Yadab Pokhrel from Nepal. I am also electronics technician since 2005. Now a days I am doing laptop repair business in Nepal(kathmandu). I have many more schematic diagram & bios file, If anybody needed mail me detail with laptop model. my email address is yadab100@gmail.com.

Thanks to alll.............

Comment

hi,

I am a PC tech, trying my hand at TV repair for a friend, and having some issues, looking for some assistance with a Magnavox TV.

Comment

Hello all... looks like a great source here. I've been involved in electronics since grade school, am licensed Amateur Extra, had a career coding on Data General, Digital, Microdata, Alpha Micro, and finally PC. Have been supporting my growing client list for about 25 years now and have been doing board repairs for about the same time. Currently wondering if the 'fable' I ran across about China stealing a defective formula for electrolyte really is a major reason all of these caps are failing.
                                    Thanks for the forum.

Comment

My Inet handle is Vanion, actual name is Heath i don't have much much experience dealing with electronics specifically but im here because i want to save hundreds of greenbacks on my electronics which im sure could cost probably 6 bucks to repair, so im a nub in this arena. i do have an ASS degree in networking systems. i seems to cant solder worth a crap lol but im guessing its all in the tool than the person tryng to fix circuit boards with a 4 dolla soldering iron prob dont cut it in tight places. anyhoo i'll go post my problems in proper forum catagory after restrictions have been lifted for nub status , over and out ;-)

Comment

Hey there, I was looking for a place to land to get some answers and to give some as I have. Computers stuff is where I'm at but analog stuff mixed in is where I'm at now.. ie tempermental plasma that got me stumped! Hope I can benefit both ways!

Comment

Hello, I will tell more later, but for now, I am just posting here, to be able to post a question elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
                                          X