Asus m5a99x evo (AM3+)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus m5a99x evo (AM3+)

Hello friends well i think my long trustworthy motherboard gave up on me...

Will not initiate the cpu any more, and i tried 3 different psu and 2 cpu
    so this is strange to me.

I tried it all changing cmos battery, resetting bios even pushed on mem ok button but that on just flashes now?!

Checked capacitors and all seems healthy but i shall try to see the output from
    all vrms to the cpu if they deliver the voltage, it is computer controlled on this board so maybe that little processor gave up that controls the voltage.

Pc speaker wont even beep?!
    Attached Files

Re: Asus m5a99x evo (AM3+)

So anyway i sorted my motherboard out with a crude reflow i used some no clean flux around the bga on the motherboard placed it in the oven started at 80c up to around 220-240c then slowly ramped it down... so after this treatment it sprung back alive question are how long it lasts 1-6 months i guess gives me time to upgrade lol

Comment

your mosfet area looked like it was running insanely hot cause it left like burn marks on the pcb near the top row of mosfets also check temps on them and the chipsets

Comment

Originally posted by Hagis2k View Post
        so after this treatment it sprung back alive question are how long it lasts 1-6 months i guess gives me time to upgrade lol
        Depends which BGA chip failed.

If it was the Northbridge or Southbridge, you can prolong the repair by installing a fan or bigger heatsinks on those - i.e. make sure they run cool.

If it was the LGA socket BGA that failed, you might want to check your CPU cooler's mounting mechanism. Stock Intel and AMD clamps warp the crap out of most motherboards. So you might need to find/buy/make your own backplate to support the CPU cooler and make sure the board does not get warped from it.

Comment

Working...
        X