Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need to identify resistor for a PEW71 LA-6582P Rev 1.0 M/B from an Acer 5733z laptop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to identify resistor for a PEW71 LA-6582P Rev 1.0 M/B from an Acer 5733z laptop

Hi, I have a motherboard from an Acer 5733Z-4406 laptop with motherboard PEW71 LA-6582P Rev 1.0.

I accidently dropped something on it and 2 components got knocked off. One is a resistor and the other is a capacitor.

I have the schematic but I can't seem to find any other points on the board that the points on the resistor go to and I don't have the boardview for that board.

The board continually cycles through the boot process but that's all. I'm hoping someone can tell me the values of the resistor and capacitor. I have attached a photo of the missing components.

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

Re: Need to identify resistor for a PEW71 LA-6582P Rev 1.0 M/B from an Acer 5733z lap

The boot loop started after knowing the components? With out the cap the MB should work but the resistor can cause USB not working, the the cap both Pads for Voltage? for the boot loop cause by BIOS
    Last edited by Techtiger; 11-14-2019, 11:56 PM.

Comment

Re: Need to identify resistor for a PEW71 LA-6582P Rev 1.0 M/B from an Acer 5733z lap

Thanks techtiger. Can anyone give me the spec for the resistor?

Comment

this is your resistor
        R830
        10K_0402_5%

and this is your schematic
        https://drive.google.com/file/d/188-...EZ4qu1Ayt/view

Comment

Thanks for the reply DigitalPC but that resistor R830 is below the U15 chip at the bottom right corner.

There is no continuity between the the R830 solder pads and any of the pins on U5.

I have only found 1 connection identified in green that has continuity to the bottom pad of the missing resistor.

That point seems to go to the large HM55 chip on the other side of the board.

I am not able to identify what pin on that chip it goes to as it is a BGA chip.

This resistor seems to be in the middle of nowhere which is strange.

Can anyone else help?
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X