vizio e65 e3 LED tv color vertical lines center tv only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vizio e65 e3 LED tv color vertical lines center tv only

I recently replaced the led backlights with LB65041 LED Backlight Strips and after putting it back together the backlights work but there are only colored vertical lines only in the center of the tv. I can see the Netflix logo (jumbled) after a minute or less the screen went dark. When I turned it on again the lines were back. Then I replaced the t-con board but the same vertical lines in the picture. My question is what is my next step? Could it be a source tab bond issue? A buffer board issue? Could I have loosened a connection to the panel when replacing the backlights? Should I replace the cable strips from the tcon board to the buffer boards?
    Not a lot of previous experience with tv repair. The tv has already been replaced (wife) lol but I still like the tv and I'd like to fix it. I guess if someone could break down a progression of actions to take that would be a big help. Youtube and shop jimmy have only limited scope and never have a complete series of actions to take.

Re: vizio e65 e3 LED tv color vertical lines center tv only

Take the back off and retrace your steps, you've either not plugged something in right or damaged a tab bond.

Comment

Re: vizio e65 e3 LED tv color vertical lines center tv only

searched for E65-E3 youtube videos. Found 2 (1 by shopjimmy) and both were terrible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GC5...nnel=ShopJimmy
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzXa...el=scottyfixit

I'm assuming you didn't damage the flex cable between panel glass and buffer boards at the bottom of the LCD panel (shopjimmy video called this buffer boards)

shopjimmy video is terrible implying removing the buffer board before removing the panel ( would destroyed the panel by peeling off the tab bonded flex ). guy in the other video was handling the LCD panel without suction cups with bare hands (easy to damage)

Also check the flex cable between t-con and buffer board is seated properly? cable to connection fitting usually have notches on both sides and need to be keyed in properly.

I'm in Seattle. PM me and perhaps a phone call to go over your dis/reassembly method would be helpful.
      Last edited by howardc64; 03-21-2023, 01:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X