Find value resistor HP 8560w

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Find value resistor HP 8560w

Hello An HP ELITEBOOK 8560w device It used to have a picture, but the previous repairman programmed the BIOS wrongly and lost a resistor. I do not know the characteristics of the resistance The resistor is connected to the 7-pin base. Hold base Thank you for your guidance

VANHALEN_HR_HPB
    MV_MB1_V2

Please uploade tested bios
    Tnx

Re: Find value resistor HP 8560w

Post a picture of the area and the 7 pin connector to locate this resistor.

Comment

Originally posted by mon2 View Post
      Post a picture of the area and the 7 pin connector to locate this resistor.
      Uploaded
      Please, if you have a photo of this motherboard, post it here. Maybe another part was removed, but as far as I checked, this resistor was removed.
      Finally, the correct model of the motherboard
      VANHALEN_HR_HPB
      MV_MB2_V2
      Attached Files
      Last edited by piernov; 03-21-2023, 01:45 AM.

Comment

No, have only the boardview file for this board.

The pin # of the flash chip was of interest. Now we know it is pin #7 = hold#.

If the pin #7 is held low, the spi transaction will be in hold mode. This missing resistor is going to pin #8 = VCC of the flash chip.

The value is not critical.

Apply any value you have from 1k to 47k ohms here.

Also, apply some flux and clean up the solder blob on pin #6 of this chip. The solder blob is too close to pin #7.

Comment

No, have only the boardview file for this board.

The pin # of the flash chip was of interest. Now we know it is pin #7 = hold#.

If the pin #7 is held low, the spi transaction will be in hold mode. This missing resistor is going to pin #8 = VCC of the flash chip.

The value is not critical.

Apply any value you have from 1k to 47k ohms here.

Also, apply some flux and clean up the solder blob on pin #6 of this chip. The solder blob is too close to pin #7.
          tnx
          The pins were cleaned
          8K resistor was installed
          ISI BIOS was programmed
          The device started after and the power light turned on along with the Wi-Fi light and after a few seconds the device turned off.
          I waited for the device to turn on automatically, but it didn't turn on again, but I pressed the power switch, the device turned on, and both the power and Wi-Fi lights turned blue.
          After two or three seconds, the system shut down again.
          This time, I unplugged the device and connected it to the adapter again after two minutes. After connecting the adapter, the battery light turned on for a moment and then turned off! The system did not start again
          I programmed it again and the same procedure continues.
          All IC BIOS pins have 3.3 volts except pin 4 which is GND

Comment

Do you see any video upon power up?

Comment

Do you see any video upon power up?
              no

Only the customer told me that he went to his previous repairman to remove the BIOS password, and they also changed the BIOS, and this problem has arisen. The best thing he has done is to make a backup device from his BIOS and send the backup to me
              I left the backup with the password for you (with this backup, it already has a picture)

Comment

Originally posted by mielta View Post
                if you use this bios the computer behaves differently except for the password ?
                I tested the device with its own bios and the bios you uploaded, the device turns off quickly as soon as it is turned on I left the video for you
                Attached Files

Comment

Remove all power. Meter in resistance mode.

Check the resistance to ground of each inductor on the logic board. Checking for a very low resistance which may indicate a short on that power rail.

Each inductor is linked to a switching power supply rail. Note that the low cpu / gpu power rails will be a low resistance by design.

Aside from a faulty bios, the power LED may be turning off due to an excessive current draw event on the board.

Comment

Originally posted by khelane View Post
                    no

Only the customer told me that he went to his previous repairman to remove the BIOS password, and they also changed the BIOS, and this problem has arisen. The best thing he has done is to make a backup device from his BIOS and send the backup to me
                    I left the backup with the password for you (with this backup, it already has a picture)
                    Bios request moved to "Bios requests ONLY!" sub forum -> https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=117094
                    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Remove all power. Meter in resistance mode.

Check the resistance to ground of each inductor on the logic board. Checking for a very low resistance which may indicate a short on that power rail.

Each inductor is linked to a switching power supply rail. Note that the low cpu / gpu power rails will be a low resistance by design.

Aside from a faulty bios, the power LED may be turning off due to an excessive current draw event on the board.
                      After the BIOS program that was posted by the user Mielta, the system started once, but it did not show an image and returned to the previous routine. But when the power was connected to the board, I shook the board and it started again, but it turned off soon. I checked the parts. I put a little pressure on the chip, it started once or twice, but it didn't show an image, I warmed up the chipset, and after a 5-6 hour rest, I started the device today, the device started and worked, it worked for about half an hour, and I went into Windows and everything was ok. I restarted it several times, there was no problem, but I turned off the device and unplugged it, then connected the adapter again, it did not start, but after 2 minutes, I connected the adapter again, the system started and went into Windows, I worked for about 20 minutes, and then it turned off, nothing Signs! It has been tested with two chargers.
                      Now, as soon as you press the power button, the lights turn on for a moment and then turn off
                      It started a few times, but the fan turns very high and I don't have a picture, it turns off again
                      https://file.io/R0B3FTF4TFvx
                      Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                      Bios request moved to "Bios requests ONLY!" sub forum -> https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=117094
                      tnx
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by khelane; 03-22-2023, 03:01 AM.

Comment

HI.AGAIN
                        After almost 20 hours, I turned on the device again and was in Windows for about 10 minutes
                        The temperature of all parts was OK. The fan speed was correct, but after about 10 minutes or so, the system suddenly shut down and recreated the previous routine

Now I noticed something that the device shuts down as soon as the 3.3alw voltage is turned off and the voltage stays at 5 volts.
                        I took an ohm test and there was no problem. I removed the 3.3 voltage inductor and checked the ohms again. There was no problem and it showed a very high ohm. Finally, I injected voltage and it showed no amps.
                        According to the map, I found the voltage to be 3.3vs, I checked the ohms, it was 1.59k ohms, I injected a voltage of 2 volts to it, the chip of the device warmed up slowly, but I cut off the voltage very soon.
                        Last edited by khelane; 03-23-2023, 02:23 AM.

Comment

Now, if the device rests for more than 8 hours, it starts, but after 20 minutes, it works a little more or less, but after this time, the system hangs and stays on the screen, all the parts stop working, and it has to be turned off manually.

Comment

Remove all power. Meter in resistance mode. Check the resistance to ground of each of the coils / inductors.

Each inductor is linked to a power rail. Checking for low resistance readings.

Comment

Remove all power. Meter in resistance mode. Check the resistance to ground of each of the coils / inductors.

Each inductor is linked to a power rail. Checking for low resistance readings.
                              Look at the attached photo of post 11

Comment

Hello . After replacing the chipset, the problem was solved

Comment

Which chipset was replaced?

Comment

Which chipset was replaced?
                                    Sorry, I mean
                                    It was PCH

Comment

Working...
                                    X