Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: [help]asus gl703ge dead, no shorts!

That signal is ok.

Continue down the list but in the order they show till you find a line that is stuck @ 0 volts.

Comment

but after nbswon there is s5_on and it is 0v

Comment

so now at the beginning again

Comment

Remove all power. What is the resistance to ground of s5_on ?

Comment

So there is rework in the power section? You have not listed the value of AC_IN per my previous post. If this is low, then EC won't release S5_ON.

You keep coming back to pin 11 +3V being missing, and as highlighted before, this will not be present until further in the power sequence. It has nothing to do with your fault.
            Last edited by reformatt; 02-23-2023, 04:24 PM.

Comment

yes there is a rework: in the schematic, pq21 and pq22 are 2 identical
              "n-channel mosfet":

https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...12ab274fb3.pdf

but someone has changed pq21. there is a mosfet with serial "4427 ba6u19"

and according to the datasheet

it is an "p-channel mosfet"

I THINK IT IS NOT NORMAL!

resistence to ground of s5_on is 70kohm

i have 19 v after the fuse PF1

i have 19v on drain of pq21 (the not original mosfet) and 18,2 on source / gate

ps i can see a lot of flux on pr214, pr192 and pq23

ps. i swear, i will not pay attention anymore to pin 11
              Last edited by phantomEVO; 02-23-2023, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Yep, identical and should be a N-channel FET. AOSMD devices usually have their logo on it, so if that isn't there its possibly a SI4427 (which is also P-channel).

I learnt early on in electronics when dealing with a board that's previously been re-worked, the first thing you do is review everything they have done. You would have saved yourself (and everyone else) if you had done this from the get go. Never assume the last guy knew what he was doing, which in this case, he/she clearly was not.

Do I take it from that, that AC_IN is low?

Comment

I’m very sorry reformat…it was my mistake ��

So what ti do now? Solder back the right mosfet?

I don’t know where is the right spot to check ac_in…

If the right spot is the mosfet, i Already told you the measurement…am i right?
                  Last edited by phantomEVO; 02-23-2023, 11:52 PM.

Comment

Of course replace it with the correct type. The only reason you are getting any voltage getting past it is because the internal diode is in the wrong direction.

The BQ chip monitors both ACFET and RBFET. Since the wrong MOSFET type has been installed, it's almost certain ACIN is being pulled low as a result (pin 5 of PU15, also called ACOK). This is an input to the EC and as per the power sequence will reveal why you aren't getting to S5.

Comment

you are a god...now my problem is to find the right mosfet....

could it be ok this mosfet?

https://datasheetspdf.com/pdf-file/8...Chip/MDU1511/1

P.S Removing the wrong mosfet, i've lost pc180: is it foundamental?
                      Last edited by phantomEVO; 02-24-2023, 02:14 AM.

Comment

no voltage output with this mosfet: i've ordered the right one...

Comment

That MOSFET is underrated for this kind of laptop (with battery charging and full CPU/GPU load). Should work just for testing purposes without the battery.

PC180 is important, and it must be present. It's absence will affect the timing of the BQ chip when it initially enables the FET and measures Vgs. If the timing/voltage is out, it tries 7 times then disables the FET. Also check the 2nd FET PQ22, as it's often shorted in these circuits. It's failure is detected by the BQ chip and it disables the first FET. Hope you ordered at least two AON6312.

After replacing the correct components and you still have no ACDRV, then you're back to standard troubleshooting of the BQ chip (ACDET, REGEN etc). Laptop likely had a standard BQ/ACFET/RBFET issue to begin with.

Comment

about pc180...it is 1000pf 50v....

i can't find anywhere a capacitor like this...i've found only on a macbook pro motherboard a similar one...10000pf 100v...it's bigger, but i think it will be ok, what do you think!?

yes, i've ordered two aon6312! i will update!
                            thank you for all
                            Last edited by phantomEVO; 02-25-2023, 02:21 AM.

Comment

https://www.digikey.ca/en/products/f...gsJk-qpqTBbBQA

The above link will show the part and in assorted packages.

Do you know the smd size of this capacitor?

Is the part 0201, 0402, 0603, 0805 or 1206 size?

If possible, measure the pads with a micrometer and the purchase the proper physical sized part.

If not sure, order a few of each.

Comment

1000pf = 1nf and likely 0402 package. Should be plenty of these on donor boards.

Value is important for timing purposes. It's not a decoupling capacitor.

Comment

i don't know why, but with the right mosfet i have no voltage on gate and source of pq21...if i put the wrong mosfet i have voltage on gate and source!

so maybe the problem is not in the mosfet but MAYBE IN BQ24780SRUYR???
                                  Last edited by phantomEVO; 03-02-2023, 02:53 PM.

Comment

You can lead a horse to water.....

Comment

i don't understand what do you mean...please help...

could i try to "bypass" the first mosfet? maybe i can understand something more?

if yes, how to bypass
                                      Last edited by phantomEVO; 03-02-2023, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Post #32

"After replacing the correct components and you still have no ACDRV, then you're back to standard troubleshooting of the BQ chip (ACDET, REGEN etc)."

Comment

sorry, i've not seen this line...sorry very sorry...
                                          i've no shorts on ACDET, REGEN

on acdet i've 2,5v on RENG I've nothing

on vcc i've 19v
                                          Last edited by phantomEVO; 03-02-2023, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X