Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hisense 50P6

Hi,

What would you look for first, to diagnose this fault please?

Many thanks.
    Attached Files
    Signature:Seemingly hopeless tv fixer

Re: Hisense 50P6

Inspect for damage and clean and re-seat same cables from t-con board to panel driver boards.
    Last edited by nomoresonys; 03-06-2023, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Can also try powering up with just one of those cables hooked up, check display, then do the other side, do all connect and disconnects with tv unplugged to insure against any errant surges or such.

Comment

Thank you....I will travel to my friends house and look at those areas.

Comment

Thanks for the assistance.

TV brought to me today.

I undid and reconnected all the ribbon cables, no success.

In wiggling each cable from the mainboard, to the tcon, the two ribbons leading from the tcon, and as well as the edge boards, I noted nothing happening to the picture.

I turned it all off again, took a photo at start up again, as pictured (normal lines)

I then did as suggested,disconnected the power, removed one ribbon one side of the tcon, restarted, picture attached.

Powered down, reattached first ribbon and disconnected second ribbon, picture attached.

Put it all back to how it was, and lines still present in picture.

POWER BOARD ...RSAG7.820.7748/ROH
          T-CON BOARD.....RSAG7.820.7931/ROH
          MAIN BOARD......RSAG7.820.7970/ROH

Owner says tv has been good for 5 years, turned it on the other day, and all there was is the lines.

Your valued directions please, novice status.

Many thanks
          Attached Files

Comment

disconnect the LVDS from T-CON side and turn on... if the BL come on then follow the test

- keep the LVDS disconnected from T-CON side.. make jumper wire between the power boards 12V line and feed it direct on F1 ( black fuse ) on the T-CON and turn on see how the screen look.

if the first point the BL didn't come on... but u still have the 12V on PWB ... do the point 2 but use torch light to discover what the screen displaying.
            Last edited by Diah; 03-08-2023, 04:46 AM.

Comment

Such a defect can be caused if liquid gets on the screen and gets on the decoder cables in this area where the strip was formed.

Comment

Thank you.
                I cannot see any area around the edge boards or ribbons, indicating any dampness

The owner says she uses a dry lint free cleaning cloth on the screen only, as there are no children in their house

When you refer to BL, I am assuming that this is backlights

I am sure there is no problem with them, as when the panel is turned on, and is laying screen side down, I can see lots of bright lights via small holes in the panel area.

Does this indicate they are ok, or is the test needed?

Thank you.

Comment

i asked if the BL turn on after you unplug the LVDS between main boards and T-CON... if yes then do the test i mentioned... feed the F1 on T-CON 12V from power boards while the LVDS always disconeccted from T-CON side... tell us what do u have on screen

Comment

Diah...Thank you.

I have only completed part 1 of the test, as I am unable to know where to connect things for this part of your test "make jumper wire between the power boards 12V line and feed it direct on F1 ( black fuse ) on the T-CON and turn on see how the screen look."

I am just a newbie, with poor abilities.

I had the set off, and disconnected the lvds from the tcon. The backlights all came on as they do normally.

About 3 seconds after the backlights all turn on (light seen trough holes) I noticed that the red on/off switch blinked 17 times.....it did not blink previous to disconnection.

In regards to the tcon, is this the actual fuse area to check to see if it is also getting 12v or similar?

Thanks, the help appreciated.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I may be on the wrong track here, but is this what you mean me to do?

Connect a wire between 12v pin on power board, and ouch it to fuse and see what happens?

Sorry for my novice level.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by viewerau View Post
                        I may be on the wrong track here, but is this what you mean me to do?

Connect a wire between 12v pin on power board, and ouch it to fuse and see what happens?

Sorry for my novice level.
                        Fuse F1 has a p marked on it its by the connector

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
                          Fuse F1 has a p marked on it its by the connector
                          +1 exactly

be sure LVDS disconnected from T-CON side... & the pin on PWB are 12V (measure it ) before u make the jumper..
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
                            +1 exactly

be sure LVDS disconnected from T-CON side... & the pin on PWB are 12V (measure it ) before u make the jumper..
                            Diah im following this thread as still learning will this test make the screen show test patterns or something just curious

Comment

no patterns with this kind of T-CON , because failed Firmware section on it... but it will send full puffer to panel to displaying complete / half white depending on ribbon connection. if this happened with complete /n half white then MB are the cause.

Comment

Thanks...

Do I need to buy some of these to do the test ( I don't have any), or do I just find some old wire, strip both ends, and then just hold them in place to do the test?

My apology, but as I say, I am a novice, that unfortunately requires me to ask things before I commit to tasks that I have not done before.....SORRY.

EDIT.....When I do the test, do I still need the lead (with an 8 pin connector) in place on the power board, that runs between the power board and the main board? (AGAIN SORRY)
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by viewerau; 03-09-2023, 07:03 PM.

Comment

1- just use one wire to put it in place
                                  2- all sockets should be in place as original... only the LVDS cable disconnected it from T-CON side.

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
                                    1- just use one wire to put it in place
                                    In this case, do not forget to screw in the bolts so that there is a ground (GND) with the TV case.
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by lotas View Post
                                      In this case, do not forget to screw in the bolts so that there is a ground (GND) with the TV case.
                                      correct.. good point

Comment

My apology for being a bit slow with this reply.

Before I did anything I checked to see if the pin on the PS had 12v when turned on...it did.

I then turned it all off and then put the lead on the 12v PS and onto F1 on the t-con and the screen went bright white with no lines.

Comment

Working...
                                        X