Tv Philips 47PFL3188H/12 (chassis tpn10.1e la) No led No power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tv Philips 47PFL3188H/12 (chassis tpn10.1e la) No led No power

I have this philips tv that doesn't turn on (no red led), it had 4 capacitors leaking on the output and I changed them but it still doesn't work, any suggestions?

the output voltages I get are:
    11/12 11.3v
    9/10 11.3
    Ps on: 3.6v
    1/2 0v

the motherboard heats up on the cpu side
    Attached Files
    Last edited by fanaticgames; 03-08-2023, 03:01 PM.

Re: Tv Philips 47PFL3188H/12 (chassis tpn10.1e la) No led No power

the only zones that heat up (about 45 degrees) are these, is that regulator 1117 25 normal that it heats up?
    Attached Files

Comment

heat those other electrolytics nearby with a hairdryer for a couple minutes and try it while its still hot, no change, heat the rest of the electrolytics on the board and try it, see if there's any temporary change.

Comment

Same old procedure, test all diodes and resistors on powerboard and check all solder joints, is a good start.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
          heat those other electrolytics nearby with a hairdryer for a couple minutes and try it while its still hot, no change, heat the rest of the electrolytics on the board and try it, see if there's any temporary change.

done, no change

Comment

Same old procedure, test all diodes and resistors on powerboard and check all solder joints, is a good start.
            OK, but where is the entry dim/on off and ps_on what should I find?

Comment

Test it, meter on vdc, black probe on metal chassis ground, red probe on pin 2, on/off, tv in standby, take note, leave probe where it is power on tv, take note, do the same for pin 3 ps-on. Suppose dim could have various readings depending on settings.
              Last edited by nomoresonys; 03-09-2023, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Test it, meter on vdc, black probe on metal chassis ground, red probe on pin 2, on/off, tv in standby, take note, leave probe where it is power on tv, take note, do the same for pin 3 ps-on. Suppose dim could have various readings depending on settings.
                the tv just doesn't turn on or rather it seems to me that the motherboard automatically turns on the power supply, because if I disconnect the motherboard there are 8v on the main lines as I attach the cable that goes from the power supply to the motherboard the voltages are present which I wrote in the first post

is it normal that by connecting only the motherboard the voltage goes from 8 to 11.3 as if I turn it on?
                Last edited by fanaticgames; 03-09-2023, 01:07 PM.

Comment

ok, looks like you are missing 2 on/off, that's the backlight signal that comes from the mainboard, I would check the powerboard as stand alone.
                  Last edited by nomoresonys; 03-09-2023, 01:06 PM.

Comment

ok, looks like you are missing 2 on/off, that's the backlight signal that comes from the mainboard, I would check the powerboard as stand alone.
                    with this model do you need to bridge ps on to gnd or do you need to inject a voltage greater than 2V on ps on?

Comment

I suppose the easy way is to slip the wire from pin 2 off of cable on powerboard side, you just take a little flat screwdriver and lift the little tab a little and it slips out, with that wire out inject about 3 volts and see if backlights come on.

Comment

Originally posted by fanaticgames View Post
                        with this model do you need to bridge ps on to gnd or do you need to inject a voltage greater than 2V on ps on?
                        ps on is getting voltage, its on/off that's missing.

Comment

I suppose the easy way is to slip the wire from pin 2 off of cable on powerboard side, you just take a little flat screwdriver and lift the little tab a little and it slips out, with that wire out inject about 3 volts and see if backlights come on.
                          now i try, i have the 3v jig used with lg tv

Comment

maybe try tracing pin 2 back thru the mainboard and see what component it's going to.

Comment

maybe try tracing pin 2 back thru the mainboard and see what component it's going to.
                              injecting the 3v on pin 2 (ON OFF) the power supply does not turn on the voltage on the 12V remains at 8V

Comment

putting the 3v on ps_on I think the power supply turns on because on the 12v line I find 11.7v but the backlight does not turn on

are you sure philips is like samsung and should turn on the backlight too?
                                Last edited by fanaticgames; 03-09-2023, 01:34 PM.

Comment

ok, thinking it must be ground, then try UNHOOK cable from powerboard to mainboard, leave it off, take three 1k ohm resistors and jump 1 from ground to ps-on, 1 from ground to on/off and 1 from ground to dim, then plug in power cord and see if backlights come on and stay on.

Comment

You wouldn't think they would need to make tvs in a thousand different configurations but they just have to for some reason.

Comment

You can also do a dirty test on those caps you changed, set meter on 20k ohms and see if they all do the same thing with a probe on each leg, reverse probes, they should rise or fall in a steady manner.

Comment

ok, thinking it must be ground, then try UNHOOK cable from powerboard to mainboard, leave it off, take three 1k ohm resistors and jump 1 from ground to ps-on, 1 from ground to on/off and 1 from ground to dim, then plug in power cord and see if backlights come on and stay on.
                                        tried it, it remains off, the voltage remains at 8V

Comment

Working...
                                        X