lenovo y530 dead ite replaced - problems

shorted pin-id with vcc

initial-ite------

IT8226e-128
    1839-BXS
    S167RA
    L002

---------------

i test with this type (3 chips,same results)
    IT8226E-128
    1649-BXS

-laptop show for a short time lenovo logo without light

---------------

i test the ite from a lenovo y540 - laptop start, i can work on windows - all good, only problem battery cant be charged, and when i connect the laptop turn off in few seconds

IT8226E-192
    1847-BXA

---------------
    Any advice ?

i dont have a ite programmer.

thanks again

Re: lenovo y530 dead ite replaced - problems

Are the replacement chips programmed or blank? Are they from a donor motherboard of the same model?

The 128/192 part describes the amount of memory on board the EC; 128kb or 192kb. I'd say invest in a EC programmer (like SVOD etc) or try to find someone who sells them pre-programmed.

Comment

Originally posted by reformatt View Post
      Are the replacement chips programmed or blank? Are they from a donor motherboard of the same model?

The 128/192 part describes the amount of memory on board the EC; 128kb or 192kb. I'd say invest in a EC programmer (like SVOD etc) or try to find someone who sells them pre-programmed.

Chips was new.

On chip it's writed Lenovo.

Seller told me it was programmed, buth i think the true it's somewhere to middle .

Comment

I just watched a video by Sorin on his channel, buying chips from China. I knew it would end in tears, and it did. He was so depressed at the end too.

If it has the Lenovo logo on it, likely from a board pull. Just like Sorin's PCH that didn't work.

Comment

The chips come in some plastic box, like new chips.

Comment

Doesn't mean they are new. It's easy to clean them and repackage them. A lot of the ICs on Aliexpress are like that.
            OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Originally posted by piernov View Post
              Doesn't mean they are new. It's easy to clean them and repackage them. A lot of the ICs on Aliexpress are like that.
              The font in chip are different.

Left original
              Attached Files

Comment

Counterfeit and or used chips from China are becoming a big problem. I saw a report recently where an aircraft ejection seat malfunctioned. When it was investigated, 5 of the IC's in it were found to be counterfeit. The supplier in the US was completely unaware that they'd been duped.

I've seen where they just heat the boards up and shake the IC's off them. Then grind off the part number/date codes and reprint them to make them look like new. I bought a batch of 5 ITE's and all but one were faulty (tested with my SVOD ZIF socket).

Comment

Lately (since two years) chips i order from China are 50% dead or partially defected. So i decided to use pch, cpu or gpu from donor boards...The problem is ITE chips that you have to use new ( i mostly work on asus) and then you have to gumble...
                  I think the problem from china suppliers is that they use parts (chips) from dead laptops they recieve in a lot..but they do not check (or cant) weather they are dead...they just check resistance on main rails and reball them...and if buyer complains then they can always say "the chip was fine you destroy in a soldering procedure..."
                  Last edited by myth77; 03-23-2023, 06:04 AM.

Comment

I am sad.
                    4 chip that i buy all dead, only Lenovo logo without light.
                    And the version from y540 at last laptop work . (To bad that it's was not mine to keep it.

I read somewhere that some of chip are blank, and thei are updated from bios chip. It's a procedure like a bios update, or maybe a force update ?

Comment

Originally posted by reformatt View Post
                      Counterfeit and or used chips from China are becoming a big problem. I saw a report recently where an aircraft ejection seat malfunctioned. When it was investigated, 5 of the IC's in it were found to be counterfeit. The supplier in the US was completely unaware that they'd been duped.
                      It's precisely that, they put lots of scrapped boards in a steel tumbler with holes then heat the whole thing with flames, the chips fall off to a bottom pan, they clean them up later and resell as new or used, tested.

Anything "used, tested" from China means you get to test it when you use it. Avoid like the plague.

Comment

Since all the 4 chips are behaving same, it may not be chip is faulty.Perhaps it needs flashing with a programmer like SVOD. before you discard the repair, locate a nearby laptop repair shop and just get the programming done. It's not likely to cost much. There is a chance that all 4 are faulty but unlikely. Chinese stuffs are all unreliable but we cant do away with them as well.

Comment

@mcplslg123, hope all is fine in your area. Read of the earthquake tremors.

Comment

Originally posted by mon2 View Post
                            @mcplslg123, hope all is fine in your area. Read of the earthquake tremors.
                            Yup, everything is fine. it was a minor eartquake not felt in my area at all. India is a big country. thanks@mon2 for your concern.

Comment

reflashed bios. (i remember that i updated the bios with ite for y540)
                              now i have image without backlight.
                              battery not detected.
                              any method to update ec - force update after bios update?
                              Last edited by SMDFlea; 03-27-2023, 08:06 AM.

Comment

What is the motherboard part number? Is schematic available?

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
                                  What is the motherboard part number? Is schematic available?
                                  Buth the laptop work, and have image on his screen with three it's from y540, so I think it's a problem with the ITE that i have buy

I have found schematic.
                                  I don't a picture at me. I will make tomorow

Thanks for any advice.
                                  Last edited by darckreign1984; 03-27-2023, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Do we seriously look at the EC here for no charging/missing backlight issue? You're joking...

And for the parts I can share, I order from the same same supplier in China (S*HMS) for years now and wasn't disappointed so far. So maybe it's also the question of the source in China.
                                    FairRepair on YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Sephir0th View Post
                                      Do we seriously look at the EC here for no charging/missing backlight issue? You're joking...

And for the parts I can share, I order from the same same supplier in China (S*HMS) for years now and wasn't disappointed so far. So maybe it's also the question of the source in China.
                                      have you read my posts?

i say that with ite from a lenovo y540 laptop start and have backlight on display.

Comment

DISPOFF# - pin 8 from display conector missing power- R12 - and pin 113 of UE1 CHIP (ITE)

I SHORTED +LCD_VDD and DISPOFF# (to have light on display.)

the journey continue

Comment

Working...
                                        X