HP Envy 17M-ch0xxx (455.0MK01.0002) BIOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP Envy 17M-ch0xxx (455.0MK01.0002) BIOS

Issues started after bios update with power button blinking with no power on.Had to unscrew battery and detach it for it to boot with bad bios checksum message.Tried several Bios recovery using USB,showed it being flashed and booted fine but it would go back to same behavior as soon as I access the bios(Wont reboot). Would work fine for several days too as long as I don't go into the bios

shut it down yesterday and now it will only show power led but no activity,doesn't boot to Bios USB recovery anymore. BIOS Chip is MX77L12850F it was on version F.14

I need a way to backup the corrupted bios and flash a working image. Already ordered a T48(TL866-3G) programmer but I am not sure if it can save it
    Last edited by bombob; 03-23-2023, 12:06 PM. Reason: typo

Re: HP Envy 17M-ch0xxx (455.0MK01.0002) BIOS

Originally posted by bombob View Post
    Already ordered a T48(TL866-3G) programmer but I am not sure if it can save it
    When you get the programmer make a backup,even if its corrupt and post it here.Post the laptop serial number as well.
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
      When you get the programmer make a backup,even if its corrupt and post it here.Post the laptop serial number as well.
      Awesome. Thanks, I will.

Comment

The programmer gets delivered later today. upon reading the support list, it looks like my bios chip is not supported but I read on a post here https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...1216206&nojs=1 that mx77l12850f is interchangeable with W25R128JVSIQ (same voltage,capacity and pinout). Should I dump it using this chip profile? do you think it will work?
        Last edited by bombob; 03-24-2023, 06:50 AM.

Comment

Here is the dump for the laptop
          Serial: 8CG12640QC
          Win11 21H2
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bombob View Post
            Here is the dump for the laptop
            Serial: 8CG12640QC
            Win11 21H2
            Here's your New BIOS, it's a Virgin BIOS from HP with your DMI and Windows Key.
            Attached Files
            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
            all donations are welcome,
            see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
            >>>>>
            click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
            Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by hardware1 View Post
              Here's your New BIOS, it's a Virgin BIOS from HP with your DMI and Windows Key.
              Great I will let you know thanks

Comment

I fear its a board issue. Flashed ,verified. Dumped, compared.Still no go. tried powering without bios chip and its the same. My guess is that the Nuvoton microcontroller is bad

Comment

Working...
                X