Panasonic sc tnpa5081 rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Panasonic sc tnpa5081 rebuild

Don't like working on LCD much, so use to Plasmas so never given it any thought . I know one thing, the big arse shield is currently off my TV at the moment.

Comment

You're going to have some angry HAM operators after you :P
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Really, at what range?

Comment

I wouldn't know, but I've heard them complaining about the TVs when the case is on... so... I don't want to know how bad it is with the case off.
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Is it safe to use TNPA5081 from 50" TX-50G20B into 42" version of the same model?
            I have fitted this board and it works but I'm not sure if it will do any damage to the TV in long term.
            When I have compared both boards I have noticed only few extra caps.
            I would be very grateful for quick answer.
            Last edited by marekk; 03-11-2013, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by marekk View Post
              Is it safe to use TNPA5081 from 50" TX-50G20B into 42" version of the same model?
              I have fitted this board and it works but I'm not sure if it will do any damage to the TV in long term.
              When I have compared both boards I have noticed only few extra caps.
              I would be very grateful for quick answer.
              If it was me I would swap over the capacitors and the 2 large inductors form your dead board and reconfigure it to be the same the original.

or Component repair the orignal and sell of the 50

That's the quick answer

Can I have an answer to this question?

Anyone with a 42" model TNPA5081 able to check Q16660(Q660) and tell me what markings are on the device?

Comment

Q660 it is RJK6026

Comment

Originally posted by marekk View Post
                  Q660 it is RJK6026
                  Thanks

Comment

last board is troublesome. This was the prototype which was powered with shorted q701 q702.

Had 2 attempts and q661 fails on panel on. Anyway discovered P5V line in to gnd only had 360ohms.

Take a bit to find but one of the octal buffer iC marked C741 has failed and had 380ohm on its Vcc-gnd.(removed)

Also NEC opto PS9856-2-F3-AX is bad and no info on that one yet.

Comment

So much for the "SOS" stopping catastrophic failure!

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                        So much for the "SOS" stopping catastrophic failure!
                        Well if it did it'd save some SC boards. From my stockpile I'm seeing SC boards fail and buffers survive and seen failed buffers and SC boards together.

I can definitely confirm bad buffer set will take out the SC as i blew one not checking them. first power up SOS saved it , 2nd power up it blew.

From what i can figure 15V or VFo trigger the SOS so a fault in the 5V line must not switch Q661 and it must go full duty and blows. I don't really understand the exact operation though.

Every other test point and resistance matched up perfectly and i measured every transistor resistance on this board so I can only assume it's failing at a consequence.

For all intended purposes it looked good to go, but no.

The octal buffer has a marking C541 but I'm not sure what variant it is. Unless I can stumble across a datasheet which shows the case marking as I have it , it's going to be a guess.

I can't even tell what make it is to get me in the ball park.

The other item a NEc PS9856-2-F3-Ax can not find anything, I'm considering tempting fate with a PS9851-2-F3. Not a cheap device to purchase either!

May never get it going but has been a good testing mule highlighting some additional checkpoints to look for which are not obvious to me.

Comment

Any more luck with the tnpa5081? I have a tc-p50g20 that's not working and that board is apparently highly suspect as I'm just finding out. Replacements are difficult to find and very expensive as I'm sure you already know. Here's a link to what is going on with mine if you get a minute to look and give me your thoughts. Thanks an good luck.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...d=1#post328633

Comment

Originally posted by Scuse View Post
                            Any more luck with the tnpa5081? I have a tc-p50g20 that's not working and that board is apparently highly suspect as I'm just finding out. Replacements are difficult to find and very expensive as I'm sure you already know. Here's a link to what is going on with mine if you get a minute to look and give me your thoughts. Thanks an good luck.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...d=1#post328633
                            Fixed 2 from 3 with additional parts still coming. I'm happy with that.

Comment

Stupid question of the day.

Any idea if a REV-AK board from a TC-P50VT20 will work in place of a REV-AF board in a TC-P50G25?

Comment

And if you need someone in the states to ship parts to you, PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by johnboy1313 View Post
                                  Stupid question of the day.

Any idea if a REV-AK board from a TC-P50VT20 will work in place of a REV-AF board in a TC-P50G25?
                                  No mate, AK & AY would interchange they're 3D models. The circuit design is different. Same goes for the buffers, bottom buffer is a different circuit at SD42,46

For AF you'll have to go AP & AW. AP is the closest, AW works and has an extra ceramic cap. I've tried both of these with success as a sub fo my AF version.

Thanks for the offer, I may actually take you up on it. My 3rd board is a disaster now, paying the price for powering it up not fully repaired. I should just let it die a natural death- but I can't, blown the budget on it but it's a learning curve.

I've blown a 430V diode which I may have to get from the US but $34 for postage for a $2 part , I don't think so!

Comment

Ordered an AP board tonight. It was a little pricey but still under $100. I'll test the buffers before I fire it up. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by johnboy1313 View Post
                                      Ordered an AP board tonight. It was a little pricey but still under $100. I'll test the buffers before I fire it up. Thanks for the help.
                                      When you get the board, good idea to check it out for shorted transistors just in case you get a bad one. Much better to do this and contact the seller straight away stating power was never applied than to argue whether your buffers may have blown it.

Alternatively you can hook it up minus the buffers, short (jumper)the 2 pins on SC50 , small alligator clip should do it, and if the set fires up with no fault blinks the board is good. There'll be no display obviously. I've had both bad SC and shorted buffers received even though many claim to have tested them.

Resistance measurements ground plate and respective pins on the buffers, red probe to gnd, blk to pins
                                      Attached Files
                                      Last edited by tw2005; 04-24-2013, 01:44 AM.

Comment

Another good idea is to test the output with a scope with no buffers connected.

Comment

The SC came in today and tests good with SC50 jumpered but I've apparently got two bad buffers.

SU41
                                          1 OL
                                          2 OL
                                          3 OL
                                          4 218.4kohm
                                          5 OL
                                          6 OL
                                          7 OL
                                          8 1.54Mohm
                                          9 OL

SD42
                                          1 OL
                                          2 217.5kohm
                                          3 OL
                                          4 OL
                                          5 6.+Mohm
                                          6 6.+Mohm
                                          7 21.7Mohm
                                          8 6+Mohm
                                          9 OL
                                          Last edited by johnboy1313; 04-27-2013, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X