Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Soldering station thoughts and guidelines

Danny you we crossposted so I didn't see your question

The eyepieces have a small threaded section and screw into the 'white boxes' of the microscope

The 'white boxes' can then be angled to match your inter-pupilary (if I spelt that right) distance - how far your eyes are apart.

Yeah I see that link you posted with the glasses type eye pieces. So I am pretty sure AMSZOOM will have them :-)

Crossposted again mate - here you go
    https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testge...56/#msg2858556

Test Equipment reviews, teardowns, discussion, questions etc. This is the biggest T&M forum on the net, so your product has likely already been discussed, please use the Search function in the menu above first!
    Last edited by dicky96; 01-05-2020, 12:13 PM.
    Follow me on YouTube
    ------------------
    Learn Electronics Repair
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFX...R8UZ2vg/videos

Comment

Microsoft Sam here takes one apart for us I believe it's fairly similar to yours and others out there, even Louis's, since they all seem identical outside their brand and who sells them...

It's shockingly simple inside that can in the middle...just a bunch of prisms, so I imagine with the proper knowledge (and a little risk), you COULD stuff a display in that shell there somehow, at least enough to see it out the corner of your eye, so to say. I can't quite figure out what that single angled mirror just under the hole for the camera port is for...
      Last edited by Dannyx; 01-05-2020, 12:53 PM.
      Wattevah...

Comment

Taking a few steps back, I wonder if THIS is the same scope as the others of this kind floating around, just mounted on a traditional stand with a bottom-illuminated stage for slides. It's fairly cheap and I can source it locally, so if the head turns out to be the same, I could just get the boom stand....
        Wattevah...

Comment

Originally posted by Dannyx View Post
          Taking a few steps back, I wonder if THIS is the same scope as the others of this kind floating around, just mounted on a traditional stand with a bottom-illuminated stage for slides. It's fairly cheap and I can source it locally, so if the head turns out to be the same, I could just get the boom stand....
          Check the magnification, 20x 40x seems high.

Comment

BTW: did the site configure itself in English at your end when you accessed it ? That's how I set it, but it could snap back to RO. Maybe they're referring to the MAXIMUM it can go up to...haven't really looked over it in detail
            Wattevah...

Comment

Yes it came up in English

I agree with diif. The magnification range of that microscope looks all wrong
              Follow me on YouTube
              ------------------
              Learn Electronics Repair

Comment

Yeah, if 20x is indeed the lowest it can go down to, it's useless...too high.

THIS ONE goes down to 10x, but it's still too much I'd say and it's also more expensive, therefore defeating the purpose, since the stand is not cheap either, so I'd end up right back where I started...
                Wattevah...

Comment

Yes, I think 10x is still too much. My microscope is a 1x and 2x with w5x eyepieces. It stays on the 1x position 95% of it's time.

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
                    Yes, I think 10x is still too much. My microscope is a 1x and 2x with w5x eyepieces. It stays on the 1x position 95% of it's time.
                    Isn't 1x like a magnifying glass ? Just asking...
                    Wattevah...

Comment

Isn't 1x like a magnifying glass ? Just asking...
                      No idea, it has w5x eyepieces making 5x I think.
                      On the lowest setting I see 34mm across and on the highest magnification I see 13mm.

Comment

"Across" you mean like the area of the "stage" you are able to see ? We're not talking about working distance here (the distance from the lens to the stage)...
                        Wattevah...

Comment

"Across" you mean like the area of the "stage" you are able to see ? We're not talking about working distance here (the distance from the lens to the stage)...
                          Yes, from one side of the stage to the other. I have a working distance of around 140mm at the 1x setting and about 120mm at the 2x setting.

Comment

Hi guys

I got a reply from the seller on aliexpress AMSZoom where I bought my microscope.

I asked him how much I would have to pay for the WF 10x/20 high eyepoint eyepieces.

He has kindly offered to send me the high eyepoint eyepieces for free when I order the 0.5x adapter I need to make the camera show the same magnification on screen as I see through the microscope. That saves me paying around €30

This is despite the fact I never asked for high eyepoint eyepieces when I ordered - in fact at the time I did not know they existed.

From this experience I would really like to recommend anyone who is thinking of buying a microscope to consider buying from this seller AMSZoom on Aliexpress. His after sales service has been excellent, beyond what I would have expected.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...f-428fdd7d97a7
                            Follow me on YouTube
                            ------------------
                            Learn Electronics Repair

Comment

That's good to know. Also, I'm surprised to see how popular the HUD discussion is over on EEV
                              Wattevah...

Comment

It is mate. There are some good people over there
                                Follow me on YouTube
                                ------------------
                                Learn Electronics Repair

Comment

Just in case someone is still watching this thread about shop equipment, I recently came across this type of soldering iron. I've been looking for quite some time now for an iron that takes tips small enough for micro-soldering, but either the prices are way up there, or the tips are not the right shape to begin with.

I'm a big fan of the knife tip and I do have a station which takes T12 tips, one of which is the knife type and is satisfactory for most jobs, but sometimes I'd like something even finer, so I was curious if anyone had any suggestions or had a go with these C210 tips. The smallest knife tip I could find is still 3mm in width, which doesn't seem any smaller than the one I already got in T12 form, at least by eye, as I haven't measured it yet to do a proper comparison....
                                  Wattevah...

Comment

JBC C210 cartridges there are two knife blades 2.5, 3.4mm.
                                    How about the chisel (screwdriver) tips? The spoon/hoof is useful too.

The T245 (C245) cartridges might be another (medium sized) option, better selection.

You're bolting a JBC handle to a T12-clone station? There's the jumper and recently debate about if this even works because the JBC thermocouple has double the output- which saturates the op-amp.

Comment

Originally posted by redwire View Post
                                      You're bolting a JBC handle to a T12-clone station?
                                      No - the T12 handle came with the "Ksger" base station from Aliexpress.

The C210 ones I linked to on Aliexpress are the JBC clones, I reckon. I'd get a complete station instead of trying to adapt the C210 handle to my existing "Ksger" base. I was attracted to the apparently smaller form factor of the tips, though like I said, I'm not entirely convinced they ARE indeed any finer than the T12 ones...
                                      Wattevah...

Comment

I just measured the edge of my smallest T12 tip and it's 2mm, so even the smallest knife tip from that original JBC lineup doesn't cut it (pun intended). They cost a fortune for a friggin' iron tip too, so it's still on hold for the moment...

The C115 catalogue DOES have a 1mm tip which is tempting, though I cannot find it locally anywhere...
                                        Last edited by Dannyx; 06-15-2022, 10:24 AM.
                                        Wattevah...

Comment

check the tips for the hakko micro-pencil

Comment

Working...
                                          X