Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Metro Exodus - my system crashed once after 21 hours during exiting to main menu.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Metro Exodus - my system crashed once after 21 hours during exiting to main menu.

Monitor:AORUS AD27QD
    Cpu: i7-9900K stock 4.7 with Noctua NH-D15
    Gpu: Rtx 2080 Ti Aorus Xtreme Waterforce ( stock no oc,temps max 63C on load )
    Ram: 32gb 2x16 GB DDR4 GSKILL 3000MHZ XMP
    Psu: Seasonic Ultra Prime Titanium 850W
    mb: Asus Prime Z390-A
    SSD: Crucial 1TB
    HDD: WB BLUE 1 TB
    Case: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P

Hi. My question. I had a crash in Metro Exodus after 20 hours ,during exiting to MAIN MENU. Black screen,crash to desktop and unexpected reboot.

After crash to desktop i decided to log out from system and log back in again,and then system rebooted unexpectedly.

Why system rebooted after the crash? It happened once. Before reboot file appeared: --> PoW32kwatchdog.dmp
    But i found this in windows/livekernelreports/PoW32kwatchdog.dmp <======== ( 1,8GB )
    "a callout to win32k did not return promptly" windbg read

[IMG]htt****************************
    [IMG]ht************************************

I tested other games no single issue. Memtest86 no errors,ramtest fine.realbench ok. I cant reproduce issue ,it happened once. But i am bit worried about that reboot ( Kernel 41 ).

Any ideas?
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 02-20-2020, 08:19 AM.

Re: Metro Exodus - my system crashed once after 21 hours during exiting to main menu.

If you want people to read you log, please add your screenshots at a decent size using the "Go Advanced button" then the paper clip, they are too small to see.

It happened once after a crash and you can't reproduce it. I wouldn't worry.

Comment

Re: Metro Exodus - my system crashed once after 21 hours during exiting to main menu.

[url]htt********************************

[url]http*********************************

"A callout to Win32K did not return properly"
      Last edited by SMDFlea; 02-20-2020, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Has it happened again since your post on Beepingcomputer on the 6th of January ?

Comment

About the message of an unexpected reboot, I would disable "fast boot".

Try:

Code:
          powercfg -H off
          ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

I am not sure if that was caused by hardware of software?

Comment

[url]https://*****************************************
              Last edited by SMDFlea; 02-20-2020, 08:07 AM. Reason: removed

Comment

[QUOTE=sew333;943444][url]htt****************************************

There's another image host to add to my hosts file. Now I can't open Firefox because it tries to "help" and reopen the malicious website that link redirected to.
                Last edited by SMDFlea; 02-20-2020, 08:08 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=lti;943481]
                  Originally posted by sew333 View Post
                  [url]htt****************************************

There's another image host to add to my hosts file. Now I can't open Firefox because it tries to "help" and reopen the malicious website that link redirected to.
                  Sorry, those links have been edited out .
                  All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by sew333 View Post
                    [url]https://*****************************************
                    Post your images directly here please, not on some shitty image hosting site .
                    Last edited by SMDFlea; 02-20-2020, 08:19 AM.
                    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

1 arrow: 3 driver crashes from a game with black screen,CTD,turning circle instead of arrow
                      2 arrow:winlogon, i decide to ctrl alt delete , log out and log back again in
                      3 arrow: kernel 41 power and weird reboot

Only find this after reboot:
                      C:/Windows/livekernelreports/pow32kwatchdog.dmp <---was created

So it was bsod propably? But i nothing here:C:/windows/memory.dmp <--no exist
                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X