X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tv Digihome 50292UHDDLEDCNTD restarts and blinking standby light

Originally posted by ducky29 View Post
    Sent
    Thank you but it doesn't work, crashes at 21% and did not erase the previously installed firmware.

Comment

Originally posted by yokoono View Post
      If the OK key on the remote control is not functional, you cannot update the stick. If the OK key is functional you have a software here But I don't know if it will fit the panel.
      https://files.fm/u/qh8skpyu
      This is a JVC firmware but is behaving the same as the previous Toshiba.
      It upgrades, I get the initial setup screen but the remote control does not work.

The white band at the bottom of the screen disappears when I push up the jog on the tv but that's it, nothing else seems to happen.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by geo86 View Post
        This is a JVC firmware but is behaving the same as the previous Toshiba.
        It upgrades, I get the initial setup screen but the remote control does not work.

The white band at the bottom of the screen disappears when I push up the jog on the tv but that's it, nothing else seems to happen.
        JVC needs a different remote.

Comment

I've ordered a replacement board from fleaBay and it fixed the tv.

This is the software installed on it, see attached picture.

Is there any possibility to copy the firmware from the replacement board onto the original board?
          It's a shame to throw it away just because it hasn't got the right software.
          Attached Files

Comment

Copy the contents of the SPI U115 memory (MX25L512) from a good main with a programmer and rewrite the memory from the bad main.

Comment

Copy the contents of the SPI U115 memory (MX25L512) from a good main with a programmer and rewrite the memory from the bad main.
              Can it not be dumped via tv menu?
              Is there any way to access service menu?

Comment

In the service menu enter the sequence MENU + 4 + 7 + 2 + 5. On the defective plate you cannot use this sequence because the remote control does not work. So for the repair I have to use a programmer (CH341A). With it you can directly rewrite the SPI memory.

Comment

In the service menu enter the sequence MENU + 4 + 7 + 2 + 5. On the defective plate you cannot use this sequence because the remote control does not work. So for the repair I have to use a programmer (CH341A). With it you can directly rewrite the SPI memory.
                  What I was thinking (if possible) was this:
                  - enter service menu on the good board
                  - download a copy of the firmware on USB stick
                  - put the defective board into tv
                  - upgrade firmware with the USB stick

Is that how it works?

Comment

What you say is correct. You want to copy the profile from the good TV to the stick. You want to rewrite the profile on the defective board. So far it's good. But to write the profile on the defective board you have to enter menu 4725 but the remote control does NOT work on the defective board. The only chance is to write SPI memory directly (FLASH).

Comment

What you say is correct. You want to copy the profile from the good TV to the stick. You want to rewrite the profile on the defective board. So far it's good. But to write the profile on the defective board you have to enter menu 4725 but the remote control does NOT work on the defective board. The only chance is to write SPI memory directly (FLASH).
                      I thought it will work the same way as the firmware you gave me earlier. Plug the USB into defective board, press OK on remote, power up and the software upgrade process will start.
                      Do I miss something here?

Comment

Files saved from TV (profiles) cannot be uploaded to TV as a firmware. A folder called Profiles is created on the stick in which the saved files are placed. Another empty folder is created called "downloadprofile.mb130". They are put on the stick. Starting TV, inserting stick into usb, MENU 4725, usb operation. But on the old board the remote control doesn't work. So you cannot access MENU.

Comment

You said the remote DOES NOT WORK on original board so how will that work??

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                            You said the remote DOES NOT WORK on original board so how will that work??
                            That's right, the remote doesn't work on original board with the none of the firmware I've tried so far.
                            I just didn't know I need it for this procedure, I imagined it would work just by pressing OK.
                            Now I understand they are two different things.

Comment

To repair the old motherboard you will need something like this (CH341A). It's cheap.
                              Attached Files

Comment

To repair the old motherboard you will need something like this (CH341A). It's cheap.
                                Do I have to remove the chip from the board or can I program on board?
                                Sorry, never done chip programming before.

Comment

It is written directly on the board.

Comment

It is written directly on the board.
                                    I've received the programmer today and I bumped into another grey area.
                                    When the clip is not connected to the chip, the programmer's status is "Connected" and the red LED light on it is on.

When I connect the clip to the chip, the programmer disconnects and the red LED light goes off. Also, some components next to the USB connector seem to get really hot.

It happens on both bad and good board. It seems to be a shot-circuit or a low resistor that's causing that.

Is any way around without de-soldering the chip? I don't have any tools though.
                                    Attached Files

Comment

The problem with those clips is that you are also feeding the (5or3) volts to the whole main board, and the usb port usually can't supply the current. The voltage from the clip is also connected to the cpu, memory, etc. not just the spi/eeprom chip
                                      Last edited by R_J; 02-26-2020, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
                                        The problem with those clips is that you are also feeding the (5or3) volts to the whole main board, and the usb port usually can't supply the current. The voltage from the clip is also connected to the cpu, memory, etc. not just the spi/eeprom chip
                                        Good point, I didn't think that far.

Would it be possible to write the chip while the board is installed and the TV is on? This way it will be powered from TV's PSU but not sure if it's safe to read/write data?

Comment

Originally posted by geo86 View Post
                                          Good point, I didn’t think that far.

Would it be possible to write the chip while the board is installed and the TV is on? This way it will be powered from TV’s PSU but not sure if it’s safe to read/write data?
                                          I don't think that would work. It would be easier to remove the ic. I have use a zif adaptor for these ic's
                                          Last edited by R_J; 02-26-2020, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X