• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP 15-bs212wm LA-G121P ec bios needed

HP 15-bs212wm LA-G121P EPG52 REV 1.0 SR3S1 ec bios needed

Re: HP 15-bs212wm LA-G121P ec bios needed

Are you sure the KBC is programmable .
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Hi guys, I also need IO controller file for this board EPG52 LA-G121P. I understand that the BIOS file and IO controller files are different and programmed separately. The IO controller IC is ENE-KB9022Q d.

Reason for trying to reprogram is because the original ic blew and shorted. I replaced the IC with a new IC, but it needs programming in order for it to work.

Thanks in advance...

Comment

Originally posted by shawnpsx323 View Post
        Hi guys, I also need IO controller file for this board EPG52 LA-G121P. I understand that the BIOS file and IO controller files are different and programmed separately. The IO controller IC is ENE-KB9022Q d.

Reason for trying to reprogram is because the original ic blew and shorted. I replaced the IC with a new IC, but it needs programming in order for it to work.

Thanks in advance...
        post the original main bios of the laptop.
        Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
          post the original main bios of the laptop.
          what sorry? I dont understand. Can you pull that off the main bios?

Comment

what sorry? I dont understand. Can you pull that off the main bios?
            can you post it or not ??

post the full name and model of the laptop
            Last edited by peste; 01-16-2022, 11:27 AM.
            Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

Comment

can you post it or not ??
              I can probably get it off from HP's Website. If you're gonna pull it off from the main bios, then I'd like to learn how to do it as well, as I can add that to my skillset. I'm here to learn as well, so if you can show me the steps and tools involved to do this will be appreciated...

Comment

bios extracted from the HP site update, the laptop has five bios variants, we also extracted the EC bios from each variant.

make a copy of the original bios before writing the chip ...
                Attached Files

Comment

bios extracted from the HP site update, the laptop has five bios variants, we also extracted the EC bios from each variant.

make a copy of the original bios before writing the chip ...
                  Thanks a million. I'd like to learn how to do the extraction. Can you point me in the right direction on how to do this for future purposes? I'm more a hardware tech and now getting involved in the programming aspects of things.

Thanks again...

Comment

Thanks a million. I'd like to learn how to do the extraction. Can you point me in the right direction on how to do this for future purposes? I'm more a hardware tech and now getting involved in the programming aspects of things.

Thanks again...
                    if you want to learn, get an SPI programmer, post a copy of the original bios of the laptop ... and I'll show you then ..

Comment

if you want to learn, get an SPI programmer, post a copy of the original bios of the laptop ... and I'll show you then ..
                      Much appreciated. I bought the TL866II Plus programmer to start with. Will pull the bios off the chip as soon as I get a chance and post back here.

Comment

Hey, so I installed he TL866II Plus programmer, but I'm not seeing the Bios IC in it's list of supported devices. The BIOS IC is XMC QU64AHIG. Is there any way I can get the programmer to read from this IC? Can anyone help with the tl866 programmer?
                        Last edited by shawnpsx323; 01-18-2022, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Hey, so I installed he TL866II Plus programmer, but I'm not seeing the Bios IC in it's list of supported devices. The BIOS IC is XMC QU64AHIG. Is there any way I can get the programmer to read from this IC? Can anyone help with the tl866 programmer?
                          open the program, top left "select (IC),"
                          "25 flash detect", and "detect", there the program will search for the chip itself, if it does not find the exact chip, take something similar is not the problem.
                          do not use the clip you may get errors, remove the bios chip from the motherboard before writing or reading, use the bios chip adapter and mount the chip in it ... don't forget to make a copy before writing the bios chip ...

https://www.hnhcart.com/products/200...nverter-module
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWWigscuQDY
                          pictures and videos are for information only ...
                          to write the EC bios on the I / O chip, you will need another programmer ... (vertyanov, Svod, etc) ...
                          Last edited by peste; 01-18-2022, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Choose W25Q64FW and untick check-ID
                            All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Thanks. So I've read and verified the bios by using an ID as suggested by @SMDflea. I used the VERIFY option in the TL866's software (don't know if thats the way to do it), and I've attached the file here.

Now how do I extract the EC Bios? The TL866 says its compatible with the ENE KB9022Q and I'm allowed to program in-circuit with a separate power source for the ic though.
                              Attached Files

Comment

thanks. So i've read and verified the bios by using an id as suggested by @smdflea. I used the verify option in the tl866's software (don't know if thats the way to do it), and i've attached the file here.

Now how do i extract the ec bios? The tl866 says its compatible with the ene kb9022q and i'm allowed to program in-circuit with a separate power source for the ic though.

Need UEFI Tool to open your .biin file , find to EC ( like in the pictute ), you see , table Infomation ( right ) ," Base " is offset start point of EC, and "full size" is lenght of EC.
                                so , you need open your bin bios by HEX editor, click " Search ", choice " go to ", offset table insert your base offset ( 3EE000 , like the picture ) and click OK button. It will lead you to the starting point of EC. At this location, right-click and select "select block", select block window is appear, tick to " lenght "option and write down your lenght EC ( 22000 , like the picture ), click ok. it will mark your block , now just click right mouse and choice " coppy ", press Ctrl + N to open new table, past down your block to this. " save as " it with a name .bin. Done.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by hoaca388; 01-18-2022, 09:10 PM.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                                Become a Badcaps supporter
                                >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                                Thanks to all supporters.
                                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Ok so i gt the UEFITool and the Hex editor. Followed your instructions and got a file now that is 136KB (attached). Is that correct as I understand the ENE kb9022 is 128KB? I Could be wrong.

I also noticed that if I right click "EC" in the UEFITool, it gives e option to extract, which I also did and got the same size file (also attached).

In the hex editor, under Analysis, I loaded the 2 files and did "Data Comparison- Compare" the result was that both files were identical. Is it safe to use then as from the original save off from the hex editor?

The files "EC" is the one I extracted using the UEFITool.
                                  "EC2" s the one extracted using the hex editor.

Can you say its safe to use any of these?

Thanks in advance...
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Ok so i gt the UEFITool and the Hex editor. Followed your instructions and got a file now that is 136KB (attached). Is that correct as I understand the ENE kb9022 is 128KB? I Could be wrong.

I also noticed that if I right click "EC" in the UEFITool, it gives e option to extract, which I also did and got the same size file (also attached).

In the hex editor, under Analysis, I loaded the 2 files and did "Data Comparison- Compare" the result was that both files were identical. Is it safe to use then as from the original save off from the hex editor?

Thanks in advance...
                                    You can cut off the area starting from offset 0 to 1FF0, you will be left with a 128KB EC file.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                    All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                                    Become a Badcaps supporter
                                    >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                                    Thanks to all supporters.
                                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Thanks in advance...
                                      the laptop bios has the "Bid" 084D4 ... so use the bios and the EC 084D4 bios from post # 8 ...

Comment

Ok guys. my apologies for not getting back sooner as i had put this on the back burner for the while.
                                        I did both suggestions, I removed the offset, and I downloaded the .rar file.
                                        I compared them both and they had minor differences.

So today I hooked up the TL866Plus using the ICSP (In Circuit Serial Programming) interface and wired it to the motherboard. I added a 3.3V VCC line as the programmer recommended and flashed the KB9022 controller with firstly the offset file. Disconnected the programmer and attached the motherboard back into the case and tested. Works like a charm...

I had left the ICSP interface connected because i also wanted to try the downloaded .rar file. Did the same as above and also works like a charm.

So even though both files were slightly different, they both managed to work without errors thus far. I removed the ICSP cable and reinstalled the motherboard back into the case. Closed it up and ran some test. Everything works as it should.

So to end, I must say a great THANK YOU to all that assisted me with this. First time I'm using a programmer, so I'llbe asking alot more questions in the future. I'm just happy this being my first time and it worked out well.

A wonderful thanks to all once again...

Comment

Working...
                                        X