Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sony vaio , MBX-224 m960 destroyed by another store !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony vaio , MBX-224 m960 destroyed by another store !!

Hey guys , received a sony vaio that came frmo another store , the client mentioned to me , that the problem with the machine was random shutdown ( since its a recent board with HM nb/sb chip , usually this cause of random shutdown is due to this bga ) but in the outher store , i think they lift 1/5 of the components on board , and it left the store without even turning on .

I've cheked that 19 volts line was damaged , and really not passing to many spots on board , so fixed the 19 volts line , and now got 19 volts everywere like it should .Cheked also having 3.3 and 5 volts , and it turned on , but turning off after few seconds without displaying any kind of image at all ..but not turning on anymore , even that pwrbton drop to 0 when pressed . (alltough pwrbton on the nuvoton is at 1.60 and nothing happen.

Cheked SN0608098R and seems fine for exception to pin 14 EN_1 should be 5 volts but have there 3.2 , just the same value as EN_2 (+3v)
    i will add values for pinnout more in the bottom of this post .

So i reflashed the EC with a good dump for this exact board model , and it started to turn on , but there was no voltage to the cpuvcore coils .. 0 volts there , but meanwhile i had 1.5 for ddr and 0.98 for gpu coil and gpu was getting hot . then nothing else.
    So after does try really didnt made anything to it , but stoped working (not turning on even that all voltages are present on s3 .
    so returned to the previous original dump from this board to see any changes but no changes as well ..

so start cheking nuvoton , and usually s3 pins are giving correct voltages , alltough i even have the bloody VDD at pin 4 . so something is not allowig the board to not turn on . after a very carefully chek , at CN30 ii noticed there was a bit of solder merging pin 6 to pin 7 (MB_FLASH_EN - CARD_INSERT)( EXTERNAL SPI ROM INTERFACE (EC)) .
    so lets for gor for some voltages

SN0608098R pinout :
    1 - 1.97v
    2 - 0
    3 - 5
    4 - 3.28
    5 - 3.28
    6 - 19.82
    7 - 5.02
    8 - 0
    9 - 5
    10 - 5
    11 - 0
    12 - 0.88
    13 - 3.32
    14 - 3.20
    15 - 5.02
    16 - 5.02
    17 - 10.06
    18 - 0
    19 - 0
    20 - 5
    21 - 2.26
    22 - 0
    23 - 0
    24 - 8.34
    25 - 3.30
    26 - 3.30
    27 - 3.21
    28 - 0.86
    29 - 0
    30 - 3.30
    31 - 0.79
    32 - 5

NUVOTON 783

RSMRST 3.32 nothing happen in this moment when pressed on off btn
    VDD VCC and AVCC all with 3.32 v
    ACIN_EC 3.32v
    ALW_PWRGD 3.32v
    PWRBTN# 1.62v
    ALW_ON - 3.31v
    INST_ON_SW# 0.88v
    ECRST# 3.28v

any outher measures need , just request.
    schematic is on the attachement

also another thing i noticed , somethimes voltage on coil 3.3 and 5 , simply stay at 0 (for no aparent reason , without touching it , but pressing the on off button , they come back to good values 3.3 and 5 !

Im tired of this board and would be good a help here.

cheers guys
    Attached Files
    Last edited by highpulse; 09-06-2014, 09:50 AM.

Re: Sony vaio , MBX-224 m960 destroyed by another store !!

once again it all indicates its this bloody intel chipset .... on button come from this asshole .. and for the complain of the client for the random shutdowns... bloody intel !!!

Comment

PWRBTN# 1.62v

way low

Comment

yes this value is provided by HM55 ... this chipset are really a shame by intel .. so poor quality , major part of the latest machines i got here usually afyer hm replace they are ok . incredible !! they are passing AMD and nvidia very fast with they S#$% chipset.

Comment

chekig well , this value is provided by the nuvoton itself , and pass it to HM55 ,

Comment

also now i see another diference with the bios files , with the original dump it turn on and shut off the led after 2 sec , with the Dump downloaded for this board , led stay on , but there is no activity on board.

if someone have some dumps for this to test it out with other dumps , would be nice ,

M960_mp_MB
            8layer MBX-224
            REV 1.1

nuvoton 783laodx
            EC rom winbond winbond 25x10bv
            main winbond 25q32bv

download my dumps at 1bios.ru , but does what i've mentioned above

Comment

Please upload the original dumps

Comment

original dumps aas requested
                Attached Files

Comment

the most problems of this type is KBC (EC) it could be also a broken Windbond chip....

Comment

Re: Sony vaio , MBX-224 m960 pROBLEMATIC ISSUES

what is the hm type

Comment

Both EC and Main bios dumps are working great, Thanks for the upload

Comment

Originally posted by highpulse View Post
                        also now i see another diference with the bios files , with the original dump it turn on and shut off the led after 2 sec , with the Dump downloaded for this board , led stay on , but there is no activity on board.

if someone have some dumps for this to test it out with other dumps , would be nice ,

M960_mp_MB
                        8layer MBX-224
                        REV 1.1

nuvoton 783laodx
                        EC rom winbond winbond 25x10bv
                        main winbond 25q32bv

download my dumps at 1bios.ru , but does what i've mentioned above
                        Asap go to office I will put the right bios. Just give me right model number.

Comment

PWRBTN goes to KBC, replace and flash it

Comment

Originally posted by highpulse View Post
                            original dumps aas requested

Comment

Working...
                            X