computer motherboard repair courses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

computer motherboard repair courses

Hi, I have the time and the inclination now to take on a computer repair course online.
    Can anyone start me off with ideas. So Far I have seen repairers advertising curses on YouTube which seems perfectly convenient to me.

Re: computer motherboard repair courses

You don't have to. Go with many of the Youtube channels where professionals explain their work. The general principles between desktop and laptop repair are the same, the main difference between the boards is in where the power is generated (PSU vs on-board) as well as presence of additional embedded stuff in laptops (e.g. SD card readers).

Comment

You Tube is the first place I am looking for courses. I made a selection and saved them last night . Got to sort through them to see which is best for me.
      The accents of some of the Indian teachers is so much that I do not understand all they say so I think it needs to be an English speaking repair course.
      For a few dollars, I can afford the NZ$5.99 one of the repairers on YouTube charges. I can afford to experiment at that price.
      But I will keep looking, thanks.

Comment

Youtube is unfortunately polluted with non-English (or incomprehensible English) material that you can't filter out. I had to navigate. My tip here is look for channels, not videos. My starters were Louis Rossman and Soren's "Electronic Repair School". However I also speak several other languages and I found a wealth of information in the corresponding communities. I do think folks need to be paid for their work, but I can't recommend any training course because I can't vouch for their quality. I saw one and it was relatively shallow, I honestly learned more from the guy's youtube channel than his paid course.

Comment

Thanks for the names, I am looking at those guys now.

Comment

Originally posted by nickBcap View Post
            Thanks for the names, I am looking at those guys now.
            If you are interesting in mac board repair louis rossmann exclaims in depth how to repair apple products you can find him on youtube by searching for rossmann repair.
            My Computer: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Asrock X370 Killer SLI/AC, 32GB G.SKILL TRIDENT Z RGB DDR4 3200, 500GB WD Black NVME and 2TB Toshiba HD,Geforce RTX 3080 FOUNDERS Edition, In-Win 303 White, EVGA SuperNova 750 G3, Windows 10 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by BigTroll View Post
              If you are interesting in mac board repair louis rossmann exclaims in depth how to repair apple products you can find him on youtube by searching for rossmann repair.
              The repairs I am beginning to do are donated laptop repairs so it is not going to be so likely I will be repairing Macs, though I am interested in his videos.
              I am more likely to go with the Electronics repair school. He repairs most other computers and it maybe just the start I need.

Comment

Working...
              X