Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Toshiba Satellite L750D - 19v missing on the main power rail

Hello!
    At the end i replaced the bad board with a cheap good one that i found on ebay.
    It has a different cpu and a strange crossfire between the apu and the discrete graphic card! XD

All works fine with the other parts of the notebook, the only problem that i found was the audio chip conexant that seems half dead in this "new" board!

Audio stop to play after few seconds ONLY with the internal speakers (and not with external things on the jack connector).

From another forum:
    Code:
    The main problem is that a design flaw means the Conexant chip can get too hot. 
    When it overheats the output stage that drives the speakers has a thermal cut-out that can only be reset by powering down the chip. 
    It's just the output to the speakers - try headphones and I'll bet your sound works fine.
    Probably a new audio chip will fix the problem.
    I can still try the partial-fix (thermal pad + heatsink) for keep the temp low and the chip on for more time.

I will also give back this notebook to the original owner, i don't need it anymore now that is almost-full working!

Thanks all for the help!!! ^^

Comment

Working...
    X