Sony CECH-ZED1U Playstation 3D LED TV - Two Red Flash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sony CECH-ZED1U Playstation 3D LED TV - Two Red Flash

I have this display since about a year, started to work good until the red blinking twice one day...I never open it and after about two months I pluced and work again for a few days...the same thing three times. So there has to be some resident charge that affect and trigger the failure, my first guess is a capacitor, which seems to be good quality 105°C instead 85°C. I will start to play with it and see what happens. The power on process is always the same: turn on from remote or button, blue and then green, so the psu works and then self protection activates for something wrong and blinks twice every 5 seconds....I know is not much, but cooperating each other will drive into a sustentable solution
    Tks, Alex

Comment

I've found on another post, maybe helps:
      Question: PS3 3D TV won't turn on symptons Turns blue than green than blinks red twice . I installed a new working Power supply for CECHZED1U part number 0433-0066000 Power Board No Change the part number for the Main Board is 08E1-0DM7200 . I am working on finding the issue anyone else have any idea what the problem is . Parts are out of stock at shopjimmy.com power supply available on Ebay . I am looking for parts schematics parts lists etc.. anyone know anything post here Thanks
      Answer: 2 blinks error code is definitely a 15VDC SOS detect, but this error code does not means that the fault was came from the D board alone. Remember that this is a supply voltage issue also. In the service manual, stated there that the test point is in the D-board (not specifically replaced the D-board).
      Let me know the reading in the connector (P25) pin #1&2 in the D-board to assist you further.
      Also just for the confirmation of 5vdc, let me know also the reading in (P25) pin #5&6 in the D-board.
      Note : to have an accurate reading, place the test prod of your multimeter on the test point prior from powering on the unit because the supply voltage will cut-off after the self test.

Comment

Originally posted by tedjar View Post
        Seems like it's worth a try. I'll be interested to see what result you get.
        No change. Still have the dreaded red blinking light.

Comment

Originally posted by Bimbo69 View Post
          I've found on another post, maybe helps:

Answer: 2 blinks error code is definitely a 15VDC SOS detect, but this error code does not means that the fault was came from the D board alone. Remember that this is a supply voltage issue also. In the service manual, stated there that the test point is in the D-board (not specifically replaced the D-board).
          Let me know the reading in the connector (P25) pin #1&2 in the D-board to assist you further.
          Also just for the confirmation of 5vdc, let me know also the reading in (P25) pin #5&6 in the D-board.
          Note : to have an accurate reading, place the test prod of your multimeter on the test point prior from powering on the unit because the supply voltage will cut-off after the self test.
          I was almost going to go try this testing.... and then I realized I'd seen this from Fixya.... the most useless website ever for repair. I'd like to the idiots that own that ad farm senseless. It says above this "Relevant solutions from other related problems that we feel might be a fix" meaning... it's for a different TV and is completely irrelevant. The source is a repair question for a Panasonic monitor.

Comment

Don't even get me started on Fixya... along with other sites like eHow which talk about fixing plasma TVs as long as "there is no dripping plasma"...
            Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
            For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Ok got it, based on symptoms I believe that the unit works, but there is some resident charge which provocates the failure, and that makes me think in caps or alarms presnt on diagnostic memory, that causes the protection to trigger over and over until that charge disappear and really takes a long time, so after turn it on would be a good idea to reset factory defaults to clear all previous diagnostics...
              enter the commands "Power," "Display," "5," "Power." Remember that Service mode will not be activated unless the button are pushed within one second of each other. When in Service mode, use the "1" and "4" keys to navigate between menu items, and "3" and "6" to adjust values up or down. Use "Mute" and "Enter" to save a new setting to the television's defaults. Use "0" followed by "Enter" to restore a value to its stored default, or "8" then "Enter" to reset to factory settings.To exit Service mode, press Power to turn the Sony television off. Note that values not saved with the "Mute" and "Enter" command will not be saved to the television's defaults.

Comment

This is also useless information....

Firstly, this display does not come with a remote since it is meant to be paired with a PS3 and if it did it would not have number buttons as there is no tuner built in.

Secondly, you can't use the service menu if the set does not turn on.

Comment

I picked up one of these to mess with I read somewhere that the issue is because there
                  Not detecting the hdmi
                  But after some testing im getting all supposed of voltages
                  But there not showing up on the led ribbon
                  Could one of the led driver chips crapped out and not aending the power to the led's so the monitor is giving the 2 blinks

Comment

look at the image and heres some things
                    the black line represents the connecvtion with the 100 volt cap and the main power to the led's on power there is no voltage present i would imagine it would be 90+ volts
                    now look at the red circles theres also no voltages there except on the purple side it has 24 volts
                    thats the section im leaning towards as where the problem is the chip is not being told to turn on the chip to boost the voltage or those 2 chips are bad
                    Attached Files

Comment

Shot in the dark....

Does the screen have an LED backlight ? (can't see any inverter transformers so it would suggest so)

If so how about a problem with the string of LED's or their wiring within the panel, causing an excessive drain on the supply rail with a resulting shutdown and SOS codes ? I've seen LED's fail partially and intermittently so that they go a bit dim but draw more current. Behind a diffuser you wouldn't necessarily be able to make out a small difference in brightness between LED's.

HTH
                      Robin

Comment

yes its led theres power going into the led driver circuit but its stopping there and never making it to the led ribbon cable

Comment

im going to dig out my busted sreen vizio e420vse and snag the dc to dc converter
                          http://www.ebay.com/itm/100W-DC-DC-b...item27c901e470
                          and supply that 100 volt cap with 90 volts to try to power the screen i have 2 of these monitors so if i blow something up oh well plug it into a wall switched outlet and swing a broom at the switch i have a ps3 remote so i can power that way

Comment

Cool to see there is some others working at this one! Mine is still laying here open after I ran out of ideas.

I have the same result which is that unplugging the LEDs does nothing. They also never even try to come on during power up.

We're still in the dark as to what the true meaning of the two flash code is or having any actual service literature for that matter so this could be the right path or it could be entirely off the mark. Without anything to go on, though, it is a logical path to take so I will be interested to see what happens if the LED driver works and we can count that out as a potential problem.

Comment

Its detecting the fault in the system
                              Ive frozen the driver chips and have heated them but will not turn on ill search for the documents for the chips

Comment

Hey guys

I saw this forum post a month ago when my playstation tv had the 2 red blink error and now that my tv works I thought I'd write here to inform anyone that wanted to get theirs working.

There's a guy on ebay selling a repair service on your mainboard.

I hope I won't get in trouble posting this link but I wanted to share my experience with others, my TV works again after having my mainboard repaired.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Repair-Servi...item27d3172dd9

Later

Comment

When the guy made the repair it's usually somewhat obvious what has been replaced, you will see flux markings or excess solder. Perhaps you can post high resolution shots of your board to give others an idea.
                                  Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                                  For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

ill order one tuesday since i have two of them sitting here
                                    i still havnt made it to my storage unit to get that piece out and dont see making it there within the week

Comment

https://www.monolithicpower.com/List...orm.aspx?ID=30
                                      There are two of these on the board

Comment

According do the data sheet im not getting any voltage on vcc, vin or pin 4

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                                          When the guy made the repair it's usually somewhat obvious what has been replaced, you will see flux markings or excess solder. Perhaps you can post high resolution shots of your board to give others an idea.
                                          I didn't notice anything obvious when I got my board back. Looked the same as when I sent it in. Now that the TV is working and put back together I don't want to mess with it anymore. I'm just happy it's working again.

Comment

Working...
                                          X