This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: List of Bad Cap Manufacturers

nichicon (Black with grey stripe, 10mm * 25 mm)
    6,3v3300uF

HM(M)
    105°C
    H0252

Comment

here's a new one - Xunda 470uF 25v 105c
      Found inside some KDS LCD monitors on the power supply board.

Comment

These babies are "Robicon" (I recapped this vid card 4 months ago) yeah, they lasted a lot... when I got them, I knew these were going to be real crap.

This is a Leadtek WinFast agp card (gf 4)

Plagued with bad caps, 6 x "gsc", 2 x "Robicon"... at least it has 2 SANYOs

How annoying... now I will take care on the replacement caps.
        Attached Files

Comment

"Robicon" - that's a good one

Speaking of which, I pulled some dead S.I. off a PNY video card not too long ago. I left the card alone for a year, and the 470uf S.I. cap that was near the coil started bulging all by itself! I replaced all S.I. with Rubycon YXG, and the card's been OK since.

1x 220uf 16v S.I. --> Rubycon YXG 470uf 25v
          1x 220uf 16v S.I. (bulged) --> Jenpo 220uf 16v (temporary) --> Rubycon YXG 470uf 25v
          1x 470uf 16v S.I. (bulged) --> Rubycon YXG 470uf 25v

I'll see how this card stands up to overclocking with those big honking new caps before long (the Ruby 470uf 25v caps are at least twice as tall as the old caps!!!)

Anyhow, I say S.I. can be safely considered as a bad brand.
          Last edited by UraBahn; 11-22-2006, 09:36 PM.
          The ever-amazing (and ever-affordable) KY, Chemi-con's best kept secret.

I'll probably be the only person going to SteamOS once it gets out of beta (ha ha.)

Comment

I will try to get those Rubycons... I will print the "bad caps list" and take it with me if the new ones are good or bad.

I have this video card (6 bad caps), a friends notebook (HP nc6000, the classic bad cap), and my auxiliary pc (AMD with ECS Crapaboard like 1000 bad caps) in the queue... of course I really care about my video card hehehe

thanks

Comment

Finally, someone else with light-blue fake Rubies.

You'd think they'd at least get the name - and the vent - right.
              You know there's something wrong when you open up a PSU and are glad to find Teapos.
              Why I don't buy cheap cases!

Comment

Recently i bought some Phillips al caps for my bad controler box of my oil-fired central heating. I was a little astonished, as i thought, that philips is now BC components. But the local shop has only some way more ugglier choice of those caps i needed fast (well, i need some warm water and heating....). Does anyone know something abouth counterfeit Philips capzitors?

Comment

Opened a ATNG Power Co.LTD 300W power supply, has bad Fulltec cap and probly a piece of crap too but not sure is a CS or SC

look at photo

Fulltec one bulged but not leaking (yet) and CS or SC is fine looking but most likly crap.

BTW thats glue on the caps not it's inards.
                  Attached Files

Comment

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...&postcount=214

I KNEW there was something sketchy about Fulltec. Good find!
                    You know there's something wrong when you open up a PSU and are glad to find Teapos.
                    Why I don't buy cheap cases!

Comment

What do you think about Samsung capacitors?
                      This brand is very popular in my favorite electronic shop and has very good price.
                      I can't see any infotmation about Samsung capacitors in good and bad capacitor list.

Comment

Oops, I confused Samsung with Sanyo. Sanyo has good caps; don't know about Samsung.
                        Last edited by PeteS in CA; 01-02-2007, 06:29 PM.
                        PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
                        To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

I did not find Jamicon caps anywhere in this thread.

Is anybody in the know about the status of Jamicon caps?

Comment

I have not seen a bad one yet.

Comment

This was/is an interesting thread about Jamicon.
                              https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1659

60+ posts come up with a search of Jamicon.

Comment

My Linksys BEFSR41 came with two large D-paston caps. The one in the power stage went bad. The bottom bloated and leaked instead of the top. Replaced with a Jamicon and it has been working flawless ever since. Lol! This router is notorious for going bad, and this is probably why since they all have the same symptoms; router resets or disconnects constantly. That's what happened with mine, too.
                                Presonus Audiobox USB, Schiit Magni 3, Sony MDR-V700

Comment

Originally posted by Fatal0E
                                  I am curious about some brown caps witha 4 way vent top marked TK. I will try to get pictures tomorrow. They are on a brand new Asus M2N-SLI.
                                  Over at AudioKarma.org I found that TK = Toshin Kogyo, a Japanese company that supposedly makes good caps.

Comment

Some black-list of badcaps (in russian).

Comment

Having problems with Capxon 470uf 10v caps. They are failing (bulge) after about 10 months service. The caps failing were produced in 05. They are running well with spec (ripple current, temp and voltage) has anyone else seen a high failure level of these devices

Comment

I have a 2200uF 16V cap here labeled TEC. Anyone know about this cap whether it is good or bad? I'm guessing bad but I don't want to toss it if it is decent

Also, while OST and Teapo are on the bad caps list, they seem to be fine in a PSU (find teapos in PCP&C PSUs for example) and they rarely bust in there. Just don't seem to be too happy as mobo caps for some reason.

Comment

Hi there. What do you mean about "Elite"?
                                          http://www.chinsan.co.th/index_th.asp
                                          Honny & -HoNY- not brothers, but friends who lives in same town

Comment

Working...
                                          X