Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trouble finding an NEC IC

Guys,

Can anyone help me identify this IC, it's connected to a thermocouple on a heater controller. I'm trying to find where I can get a replacement and a data sheet. I believe it's from NEC, but googling has drawn a blank after that.

Best regards

Peter
    Attached Files

Re: Trouble finding an IC

Whenever you see a NEC integrated circuit and/or 90% of their products , you have to add the prefix microp or UP or µP ..

https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...515311714.html

Comment

Re: Trouble finding an IC

Thank you. I've managed to order a few from Aliexpress. Hopefully, these will workout. Finding a data sheet is my next challenge for this chip.

Comment

Re: Trouble finding an NEC IC

Welcome lethbrp . NEC merged with Renesas , and most of specific NEC components go back to 1983-88 , so it's very tricky and difficult to find their datasheets .
        I'll try my best anyway .

Comment

Don't ask me why, but seeing the picture of your board the very first thing to pass for my mind was that your mistery chip was the good old CD4052 in package SOT-16. Back in the day, these were used as dual analog quad input selector in audio equipment.

Could be way off the mark, but still... attached the datasheet so you can check if it does make sense in your circuit.

Hope this helps.
          Attached Files

Comment

+1
            It looks like a CD4052 and you can see the 3 resistors it switches in/out.
            I don't see NEC markings and it's not a MCU if you follow the traces.

Comment

Dudes , NEC was always a leader in Electronic components , and most of the Japanese companies took cross-references from its designs . I gave the man the original piece , not cross-references , that may or may not be compatible in lot of specific details . The suffix G is very important here , so don't confuse people ...
              Attached Files

Comment

CD4052 is getting my vote too.

Comment

It's not a matter of votes here , Capleaker .. The pictures facts speak enough ..
                  If I wanted , I could put the whole cross references catalogues of NEC , but that could take like 350 mb of catalogues ...

Comment

Originally posted by hasefroch View Post
                    Don't ask me why, but seeing the picture of your board the very first thing to pass for my mind was that your mistery chip was the good old CD4052 in package SOT-16. Back in the day, these were used as dual analog quad input selector in audio equipment.

Could be way off the mark, but still... attached the datasheet so you can check if it does make sense in your circuit.

Hope this helps.
                    The IC next to it is an OP07 op amp, i.e. analog. Your guess seems supported by the components around the IC in question. Ancient 4000 series CMOS is an example of things that work too well to go out of use. The OP07 has been around for quite a while too.
                    PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
                    To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

Working...
                    X