X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ESR meter upgrades

Originally posted by Per Hansson View Post
    Yes, especially since the seller has one for sale assembled aswell!
    I bought one too but I'm still waiting for it, so I'm very thankful for your work on this vinceroger
    Hi just wondered if you managed to build your tester kit? and did your atmega328p ic have data on it as mine did not.

Comment

i dont know how that programmer works.
      but you only need the hex and eep files.

try this one.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
        Hi just wondered if you managed to build your tester kit? and did your atmega328p ic have data on it as mine did not.
        mine was not a kit, it was the older version - 100% surface-mount and no rotary encoder.

it was copy protected and i had to draw up a schematic and patch the code to match it.
        i also had to change the default contrast because initially the display looked blank!

Comment

sorry stj i meant Per Hannson regarding the same kit he brought as me, its a good job stj you have experience in programing i have no idea but i am learning slowly i will try the above file and let you know thanks again.

Comment

how does that programmer handle the 3 fuse bytes?
            you MUST set them with the values in the first archive.

Comment

dave from eeblog has a good you tubevideo on this programmer minipro tl866cs
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLG03f_ua5g
              i will take a picture of the screen now about the fuses etc
              Attached Files
              Last edited by vinceroger69; 07-12-2016, 08:52 AM.

Comment

what a pain.

o.k.
                play with those tick boxes to get the low-fuse to F7
                and the high-fuse to D9
                and the extended fuse to FC

Comment

fuses was easy too set up as per your guide still scrolling display with one of your zip files and just a blank display with the other zip file
                  just a thought stj when adding your files i can add them as code memo or data memo which one is correct?
                  Last edited by vinceroger69; 07-12-2016, 09:24 AM.

Comment

hex is code, eep is data - you need both because the fonts are in the eep file!

Comment

ok will try again lol as was putting both in code

Comment

that explains it, you had the display but no fonts!

Comment

Originally posted by Per Hansson View Post
                          Yes, especially since the seller has one for sale assembled aswell!
                          I bought one too but I'm still waiting for it, so I'm very thankful for your work on this vinceroger
                          Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
                          Have not even received mine yet
                          "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

well vince can send you a 16MHz crystal for it - he had to buy 5

Comment

with all the settings as your instructions and tried the two diffrent zip files still no good one zip just blank screen other zip slightly diffrent scrolling data on screen in my picture of the fuses screen theres one section lock bit byte? ive got nothing ticked there.
                              Last edited by vinceroger69; 07-12-2016, 09:50 AM.

Comment

leave the lock bits.

50/50 this is because of the programmer.
                                try renaming the eep file - eeprom.hex
                                and the hex file - code.hex

Comment

ok will give it one more try if it dosnt work it may find its way in the post too you.

well that didnt work either just the backlight on untill auto switch off.
                                  Last edited by vinceroger69; 07-12-2016, 10:32 AM.

Comment

well the header and usbasp programmer are the prefered method.
                                    was it the first file that gave some stuff on the display?

Comment

yes top two rows lit very small symbols/writing scrolling left to right at the moment with the second zip files just back light on and stays on for about a minute.
                                      i would of thought with this programmer its the same really but your just removing the ic from the holder i have set the fuses as you have said thats easy to do im just looking at videos now to make sure im using the programmer rite.

Comment

Finally mine arrived too!
                                        I've got the same as vinceroger69, with the firmware from this post I get scrolling characters on the screen when I power on.
                                        With the other firmware from this post it is blank.

The chip did contain a few bytes of code when I got it but for sure it was not a complete program.
                                        The programmer acted like it was empty; like vinceroger69 explained in this post. (I attached what was there in the rar file).

With the scrolling text I can't do anything, if I press the encoder nothing happens, I need to remove the battery to power off.
                                        The LCD is marked LCM_12864_V1.30 2015.09.01
                                        I attached pictures showing the scrolling text and of the LCD backside.

I used a Willem GQ-4X USB Programmer to program the chip and set the fuses.
                                        (I had to do a "Erase" first which I did not at first realize, took many attempts until I found out that was the problem because the program never got written properly, I did the programming in circuit.)
                                        Attached Files
                                        Last edited by Per Hansson; 07-13-2016, 04:40 PM.
                                        "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

o.k. i'l go look at the code.

i think the pinout is o.k. or the display wouldnt be on.
                                          so probably a different chip in it.

try this
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X