Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Samsung PS43E450A1W Plasma intermittent problems.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung PS43E450A1W Plasma intermittent problems.

I have purchased 2nd hand Samsung PS43E450A1W plasma with intermittent problem. According to seller TV is working and after some time it turns off or TV does not turn on at all.
    Yesterday I have turned it on and TV was running for 5 - 6 hours without problem. This morning whenever I have plugged TV back to mains no stand by light.
    So I have checked power supply and it is getting power. Checked connector to main board, there are PS_ON 3.7 V and connector to X-main have PS_On 3.7 V too. No other voltages. Power supply is BN44-00508B. Main board BN41-01785A BN94-05554K.
    So I though main board is bad and disconnected it. Shorted PS_ON with the ground and nothing happens... TV does not give any life at all. No clicking as usual to Samsung TVs, no other voltages coming on.
    From this point I am a bit struggling to understand what part is faulty.

I have attchaed some photos of the parts in TV.
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung PS43E450A1W Plasma intermittent problems.

Fixed this TV by replacing power supply.
    By the way PS_On was 3.3 not 3.7, my mistake.
    Whenever TV turns off, measured AC voltage on one of radiators and it was fluctuating.
    Power supply was cheap so decided to buy one instead of searching for problem and repairing it.

Comment

make sure you upgrade the firmware as this set suffers from problems on the y and x sus.
      the upgrade may prevent further faults

Comment

Hello, I have the same model tv. Anybody could tell me if I short power supply bn44-00508b PS-ON with the ground and disconect x-main and y-sus should I have VS and VA readings? Thanks

Comment

With everything discopnnected--Only mains supplied to PSU...

Check the voltage on the ps/on pin of psu

--If 4.3V--or thereabouts, grounding should bring PSU on--But not Vs/Va--Thats separate command pin.

For Vs/Va--you need to connect vs/on to 5v stby supply--

Use a 150W bulb from Vs line to chassis. Bulb should light and you should be able to check/adjust Vs voltage.
          TELEFIX

How PLASMA SCREENS WORK, X-SUS and Y-SUS what they do--
          http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-1088.pdf
          PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

Hello and thanks for the fast reply. I have 4.3v on PS-ON and on the big cap I have 400vcd when shorted PS-ON to ground. .I was looking for vs-ON and could not found it.

Comment

I believe VS-ON is on the X-main power connector -- odd, but it comes from the control board through the X-main control connector. All to save routing one connector out.
              Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
              For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Could I short VS-On from the X-main ?
                My tv has sound and no picture,I have measured Buffer board ,Y-sus and X-sus for shorted fets and all looks good .When plug tv on VA drops from 60V to 0v and Vs from 210V to 11V.I have tried to turn the test patern ON without main board but no result.

Comment

Does the display panel have any cracks on it?
                  There is no point running test patterns as if the Vs and Va are turning off the control board has detected a fault. It won't generate the drive signals required to make the panel light up, even if you force the Vs and Va on.
                  Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                  For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

No cracks ,display panel is intact .

Comment

I'd pull X- and Y- and check ALL of the transistors for shorts. Before you do that, check the Vscan voltage on the Y-main, and if available, the Vsch and Ve (X-main may have Ve instead.)

Comment

With all connection
                        On x-main board :
                        SVT_VS =10.65V
                        SVT_XOUT=11.08V

On Y-main board :
                        SVT_VSCAN =0v
                        SVT_YOUT=0v
                        SVT_YG_C=0v
                        SVT_VE=10.96v
                        SVT_VS=10.62v

Comment

Can you see if those voltages go higher when the set is first turned on...?

Comment

Yes VSCAN =193v and after 3-4sec drops to 0v
                            SVT_VE=102.8v drops to 10.96v
                            SVT_VS=208.3V drops to 10.62v
                            SVT_YOUT=2.399V drops to 0v
                            SVT_YG_C=182.3Mv drops to 0v

X-main
                            SVT_VS=208.9V drops to 10.65v
                            SVT_XOUT=12.63V drops to 11.08v

Comment

Hi, I got Samsung plasma TV ps43e450a1w,
                              The issue is no display no sound, there is standby light,

When I connect TV to power, I get the standby light, no clicking, no display, no sound.
                              I opened the back panel,
                              The green led on logic board flashes but it's not every second, its on 5sec, off 2sec,...
                              I disconnected Ysus board, but still no display no sound, no change to green light on logic board,
                              I disconnected Xsus board, but still no display no sound, no change to green light on logic board,

Visual observation- it looks all ok except on Ysus board one of the blue transistor is burnt.
                              I am not sure if I only need Ysus board replacement or any other fault.
                              Please help how to troubleshoot. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by matyka View Post
                                Yes VSCAN =193v and after 3-4sec drops to 0v
                                SVT_VE=102.8v drops to 10.96v
                                SVT_VS=208.3V drops to 10.62v
                                SVT_YOUT=2.399V drops to 0v
                                SVT_YG_C=182.3Mv drops to 0v

X-main
                                SVT_VS=208.9V drops to 10.65v
                                SVT_XOUT=12.63V drops to 11.08v
                                Hello I have the same problem when I put the direct source on the Y-SUS card they give me the voltage SVT_VS CORRECT SVT_VE CORRECT SVT_VSCAN CORRECT BUT in SVT_YG_C there is no voltage that can be thanks in advance TV PS43E450

Comment

Remove both flat cables going to Y-Main and X-Maind boards, Check again LED on the TCON bords. If led flashes correctly, change TCON board.

Comment

Working...
                                  X