• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LG 55EC930V OLED - 3 Second Power No Display

Originally posted by Billsy View Post
    Evss_con_ out
    From different angle
    this LG suffer from Panel burned image, because of the discharge problem, and this parts i mentioned its belong to discharge, to me its over heated .. let hear other opinion

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
      if i am i will change this board.
      Yeah maybe I'll look out for a replacement board.

Comment

I just got an identical set for £80 on ebay with a broken screen. This should be fun!

Comment

Ok so I pulled the tcon from the cracked set, loaded it into the other set and no change.

After hours of pi55ing about with IR leds and headphone cables trying to make a IR blaster, found an old galaxy tab in a cupboard with an IR blaster built in. Anyway long story short, using the RCoid app, I was able to send the Power_Only command and the TV powers up. The screen is very dimly lit kind of across lower left corner. I'm guessing this is now out of lock out mode but this is as far as I can get. The only other thing. There are two buttons on the main board. Does anyone know the procedure to bring it back to life or am I wasting my time?
          Many thanks

Attached Files

Comment

also your TV was going to STB mode after you plug it at wall socket AC. as its in SM as original set to remember last state.
            now when it is on don't turn it off with IR. keep it so easily, also i assume your Original T-CON will have same way to show on your panel. so its not as you tilled 3 Second Power No Display

Comment

Diah sorry but how can you tell it was going into STB mode?
              Whats SM? Safe Mode?

Apologies but I don't understand the second part of your post.

Thanks for your help tho I really appreciate it.

BR

Comment

Diah sorry but how can you tell it was going into STB mode?
                Whats SM? Safe Mode?

Apologies but I don't understand the second part of your post.

Thanks for your help tho I really appreciate it.

BR
                this TV before you received it was at STB mode before they plug it out from wall socket..each time you was try to plug it on.. it goes to the last state -- your case was STB... this option at all TV can be changed at SM service menu.

also when you turn it on with IR that's enough it will turn on always after you plug it at wall socket

Comment

Ahh I see. Yes after initiating power only mode the power will stay on and if I unplug then plug in, it will power again.

Trouble is, I can't get any further than the partial dim screen. It doesn't respond to any remote comands

Thanks

Comment

So the LG logo is staying lit without any jumpers in place? It seems to respond by pressing volume up volume down and input buttons? I can see you are getting some kind of a picture can you put something into an H DMI port to produce sound or go to TV mode to produce static sound?

Also is the TV shutting down after a period of time going to the blink cycle?

This particular set up if not getting acknowledge that everything is systems go then after 3 consecutive power UPS it will go to the lockout

Sorry for the PM.. Didn't realize you were in the UK
                    Last edited by freakaftr8; 02-06-2019, 04:27 PM.
                    Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

By the way guys sorry I haven't been on the forums lately. I really have a lot on my plate these last few years..

Comment

Btw. Try your original tcon.

Comment

you need now to start from beginning trouble shooting. but after you put all changed you did before such-

1- put the original Main board , put the original T-CON driver. then turn on and see the result same as the photo you posted before. use your app to press Menu to see if there OSD come out . also freakaftr8 suggested feed it with signal like blue ray at HDMI IN which labeled with ARC so the TV will switched to this input.

Comment

The reason you're getting a dim picture is because DRV_ON is enabled. However there is no data being fed to the panel. The fact that you don't have any white vertical lines Is a good sign because these OLED'S love to burn vertical tabs.

Those buttons that are on the main board do a reset of the tcon, And the other resets the TV as if you were to unplug it and plug it back in.

The system is very finnicky and super sensitive to any over voltage condition of the panel. If it recognizes a gate failure it will shut down. It will attempt to restart 2 consecutive times before a lockout condition occurs. This is sensed by T con board. You're no picture is most likely and invalid T con board with a wrong panel ID number for the panel. (This happened to me until I installed the OEM tcon back in.) Also if the tcon came from a smashed panel it could have shorted blowing a fuse or an inductor.
                            Last edited by freakaftr8; 02-07-2019, 12:38 PM.

Comment

I have now systematically replaced all three boards, 5 ribbon cables and both power cables. At each step the result was the same, dim lit screen lower left corner.

So I put original boards back in (still same dim screen)

Yes without the jumpers in place, in Power_Only mode the tv will remain powered up, doesn't turn itself off and the LG logo stays lit.

Using the micro switches on the main board in the following sequence allows me to use the remote to power off and on:

In Power_Only mode Hold the left button down (powers down) then hold right button down then release left button (powers up) keep holding right button down and tv will power off and on twice. After this I can use the remote to power off and on.

Now when tv is on, LG Symbol fades quickly. Tv doesn't respond to any other remote comands (LG Symbol stays off).

Then I discovered I can achieve the same just by pressing exit on the remote when in power only mode.

Next I tried disconnecting the 4 ribbons to the panel one by one (with power off) and here's the result

If we number the ribbons 1 to 4 from the left as we look from the rear of the tv:

Removing ribbon 1 gave this result:
                              Most of the screen flashes on
                              https://youtu.be/t7AnV5v2-08

Removing ribbons 2 & 3 results in a black screen for 3 seconds before it powers down.

Removing ribbon 4 gave this:
                              A section of the top and bottom flashes on.
                              https://youtu.be/gpPi2CsjXZo

Thanks for all the help guys. Hopefully we can all learn from this

Cheers
                              Last edited by Billsy; 02-07-2019, 04:59 PM.

Comment

In my experience any of the 4 ribbons disconnected will cause this. They all have to be connected. The OLED does not work like a conventional LCD screen. Data transmits from the left cable and out from the right so it has to create a complete cycle.

How does it react when you leave all 4 ribbons disconnected attempt to power up using the power only feature?
                                Last edited by freakaftr8; 02-08-2019, 02:07 AM.

Comment

I have
                                  waiting on your 2 test results

1- feed the set with HDMI signal from any source with video and audio.

2- use SCART cable with complete PIN connection, and plug it at second TV scart plug input to see what you have now on the screen while your screen dim

Comment

Originally posted by freakaftr8 View Post
                                    How does it react when you leave all 4 ribbons disconnected attempt to power up using the power only feature?
                                    With all 4 removed, sending Power_Only command results in the 3 second on/off.

waiting on your 2 test results
                                    1- feed the set with HDMI signal from any source with video and audio.
                                    Connected a Kodi box to the tv with a movie playing. Tried all HDMI inputs and didn't see or hear anything.

2- use SCART cable with complete PIN connection, and plug it at second TV scart plug input to see what you have now on the screen while your screen dim
                                    Are you saying if I connect the LG to another TV via a fully populated Scart lead, the screen will be duplicated?

Thanks guys

Comment

Are you saying if I connect the LG to another TV via a fully populated Scart lead, the screen will be duplicated?
                                      yes if the Main board working to know on which input signal its now. also if you plug LAN Ethernet cable at the LG you can trace if it plug IP from your router or not

Comment

I bought a scart lead this morning while I was out, got home and realized the TV doesn't have a scart socket

Oh well at least I have the lead now for future projects.

I also logged into my router settings to check "connected devices" and I didn't see the MAC address from the TV. Maybe the TV WiFi card isn't active in power_only??

Thanks

Comment

I bought a scart lead this morning while I was out, got home and realized the TV doesn't have a scart socket

Oh well at least I have the lead now for future projects.

I also logged into my router settings to check "connected devices" and I didn't see the MAC address from the TV. Maybe the TV WiFi card isn't active in power_only??

Thanks
                                          you have on the back side 1 SCART ( Adapter )..
                                          Ethernet ( its LAN ) not WLAN )
                                          sorry man. your knowledge on TV repair less than i expected then how we we will do next to write Panel driver PIN again...

Comment

Working...
                                          X