X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: onkyo ht-r290 - My Next Project

Originally posted by tibimakai View Post
    https://www.digikey.com/en/products/...30N-E/11551447
    Select the First class USPS, for cheaper shipping.
    tibimakai,
    Thanks for the suggestion but unfortunately I have already put in the order on Ebay.

The fellow has quite of few different Amp ICs for sale so I am thinking I should get a good one.

Looking over the DigiKey site it appears there is also a minimum of 16 on these.

I have used DigiKey, Mouser, Arrow and Jameco over the years. It seems that shipping is the item that always separates them from competition on Ebay or Bonanaza. I usually try to buy new and from local sources. Local usually means a large order. Ebay usually means a small order.

Again thanks everyone for the help,
    Chris

Comment

Re: onkyo ht-r290 - My Next Project

tibimakai, madan1, frankusb, and Psmith,

All thanks for the help on this project!

It came out successful! The IC came in and I finally got a chance to put it in place.

It appears from my quick testing that Both A & B & Subwoofers speakers are working properly now.

The only thing I can say negative is the repair had a few lifted pads.

As I am a novice still at soldering is that because my heat is to high?

I have been using a cheapo soldering iron that you get in a kit. I have a couple others that allow heat adjustment including one that is supposedly by the degree (digital).

I ended up on the lifted pads running a small piece of wire to the next contact point. It was the cleanest and quickest way I could see.

Again Thanks for the help,
      Chris

Comment

Working...
      X