Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TOSHIBA 40L3453DB red-green blinking light

Originally posted by Fergal22 View Post
    I doubt it will work now as when i tried to write to U11 on auto, it erased it first then failed on the writing part so the chip s blank
    I will try post 70 if that don't work i will buy another mainboard for it
    U11, no sense at all they make dump for it.. as its part of firmware when it updated it will write part of the profile on it.. so even its blank now when it worked will not able to scan channel. and this small issue.

try post#70 also you can just put any mboot on the usb , it will not flashed. only as sync to start from usb.

Comment

Originally posted by dick_barton View Post
      I don't know if this site is any use to you offering a bin file for your set.
      https://repairalltv.com/toshiba-40l3...mb95-download/

Or

http://www.dl.toshiba.com/dtv/NA/GB/EN/40L3453DB.html
      I have already tried those with no success but thanks for helping

Originally posted by Diah View Post
      U11, no sense at all they make dump for it.. as its part of firmware when it updated it will write part of the profile on it.. so even its blank now when it worked will not able to scan channel. and this small issue.

try post#70 also you can just put any mboot on the usb , it will not flashed. only as sync to start from usb.
      Tried post 70 but still no joy, i have ordered a mainboard off ebay, should get it Friday, i will let you know how i get on

Thanks or all your help and advice, its appreciated

Comment

Tried post 70 but still no joy, i have ordered a mainboard off ebay, should get it Friday, i will let you know how i get on

Thanks or all your help and advice, its appreciated
        you welcome.. but still i would love to solve this mysterious boards..
        from all SPI dumps you flashed, we got red green flashing / green flashing /.. its sound there are no any sign from U13 NAND. so you have time until the replacements boards to arrive.. can you check if the NAND had on pins 12 & 37 3.3V ?

Comment

one things more to let this threat complete with all solution , in case we flash mboot to the spi flash and there are no response from RC, there are working around by using the same CH314A adapter as serial Adapter with level 3,3V to read and write via RX & TX

On the Adapter there are jumpers need to switch it so it will be serial ( the driver are included at my previous attachment file )

we connect the TV from scart sockets
          Pin 10 = RX -------> connect to Adapter TX
          Pin 12 = TX -------> connect to Adapter RX
          Pin 13 = GND to Adapter GND

configure the port of Mstar ISP Tool and starting the work according to the pdf how to update MB90 /MB95

the above for windows users... who are using Linux much easy to have above with terminal command line
          Attached Files

Comment

one things more to let this threat complete with all solution , in case we flash mboot to the spi flash and there are no response from RC, there are working around by using the same CH314A adapter as serial Adapter with level 3,3V to read and write via RX & TX

On the Adapter there are jumpers need to switch it so it will be serial ( the driver are included at my previous attachment file )

we connect the TV from scart sockets
            Pin 10 = RX -------> connect to Adapter TX
            Pin 12 = TX -------> connect to Adapter RX
            Pin 13 = GND to Adapter GND

configure the port of Mstar ISP Tool and starting the work according to the pdf how to update MB90 /MB95

the above for windows users... who are using Linux much easy to have above with terminal command line
            Hi, i have had my vaccine jab today and it make me feel very unwell
            I will try this tomorrow if i feel any better
            did not want you waiting on a reply

Comment

Just an update
              New mainboard arrived, fitted and now tv is working
              so i read the U10 and U11 chips then saved the files and flashed them to my mainboard

but i still Just get the red/green flashing light so there must be another fault on it as you say might be the NAND

I am just going to leave it working for a few days to make sure the new board is stable

Thanks for all your help, even though we never fixed the issue its been a good learning curve for me and i have learned something new

when i have some more free time i will put the old board back in and check what you suggested or
              if you want it to see if you can solve the issue you can have it and i will gladly send it to you if you like?

Comment

I

Just an update
                so i read the U10 and U11 chips then saved the files and flashed them to my mainboard

but i still Just get the red/green flashing light so there must be another fault on it as you say might be the NAND

I am just going to leave it working for a few days to make sure the new board is stable

Thanks for all your help, even though we never fixed the issue its been a good learning curve for me and i have learned something new

when i have some more free time i will put the old board back in and check what you suggested or
                if you want it to see if you can solve the issue you can have it and i will gladly send it to you if you like?
                Thank you for yours consideration and for following .. but i will be more happy you keep it and fix it self.

so when you flashed U10 and you got same red green flashing.. did the backlight come on ? i think no grey screen. because NAND didn't sync with SPI and main CPU, reasons corrupted or missing voltage feeding or its erased also could be BGA issue.

when you have time you can try what i asked before.. its good stuff if you learn how to communicated with via UART to capture the start log so we know whats going on beside. using the MT Tool to flash.

Comment

Just an update
                  Perhaps you could post the bin files in the EEPROM thread giving TV model number, panel number and mainboard number. That would be of great help to anyone else like yourself with a similar problem.
                  Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Thank you for yours consideration and for following .. but i will be more happy you keep it and fix it self.

so when you flashed U10 and you got same red green flashing.. did the backlight come on ? i think no grey screen. because NAND didn't sync with SPI and main CPU, reasons corrupted or missing voltage feeding or its erased also could be BGA issue.

when you have time you can try what i asked before.. its good stuff if you learn how to communicated with via UART to capture the start log so we know whats going on beside. using the MT Tool to flash.
                    Hi, no back light just red/green flashing light

Perhaps you could post the bin files in the EEPROM thread giving TV model number, panel number and mainboard number. That would be of great help to anyone else like yourself with a similar problem.
                    No problem, I have uploaded the files

Comment

Hi Fergal22
                      Can you check your files. I tried to read them but winrar says error or corrupt.
                      Thanks

Comment

Hi Fergal22
                        Can you check your files. I tried to read them but winrar says error or corrupt.
                        Thanks
                        I have just downloaded them from where i uploaded them to and they extracted from winrar ok, try this one
                        Attached Files

Comment

It may be my Winrar program but I still see the error message as shown.

Edit
                          Just updated my WinRaR and all is well. My error. Many thanks.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by dick_barton; 02-28-2021, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X