LG 60" 3d TV LG60LA6200UA Screws and LED Beads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 60" 3d TV LG60LA6200UA Screws and LED Beads

What size and head type are these circuit board screws?

On the LED Strip is :
    SH S1 94V-0 N 1329. LG Innotek POLA2.0 60 Rev 0.1 L Type 2012.10.18

I want to know what LED Beads to use for replacement and where can I read and learn what size and voltage is correct without relying on an ebay seller
    and where to buy them?

What is POLA2.0, L Type?

Most of the clear plastic (I'll call Filter Beads) glued over the LED Beads have fallen off leaving three black dots with clear plastic in them where they broke off. Do New Filter Beads have three feet dots that glue to the black dots or are the black dots part of the clear plastic filter bead? I would think "Distance from the LED Bead matters.
    I measured with my digital caliper I get about 2.8mm X 3.5mm

I set my meter to diode and get .765 and .764, with leads reversed I get a dimly lit LED.

Thank You
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 27grains; 03-01-2021, 11:07 AM. Reason: Picture

Re: LG 60" 3d TV LG60LA6200UA Screws and LED Beads

If you want your repair to last, I would replace all the LEDs with new strips. The working ones will likely fail in the future since they have wear. There are two styles of the LG thick lens strips. In both, the lenses may also fall off over time and with gravity. Another reason to replace all your strips with new. POLA2.0 style uses a smaller lens in Heesung panels vs the larger lenses in the LB/LF series. L indicates it is a left strip.

If you don't want to listen to my advice and just replace the LED module, they are likely 2835 1W 3V with small pad negative. Gluing the lens back on has to be aligned precisely or you will get halos or bright spots. Even turning down the backlight after repair, I've had repeat failures if you don't replace with new. If you test every lens, you will likely find many about to drop off.
    Last edited by neilc6; 03-01-2021, 01:30 PM.

Comment

I have no idea why you would make a comment "If you don't want to listen to my advice".

I am here seeking every possible way to replace the LED's and/or the strips.

I have never done this before but my 3D TV broke, and after watching Youtube Videos from a man in Chicago take apart an LED TV and replace one led bead on a strip, rip the plastic sheet removing it then billing his customers drove me to do it myself and to come here for the best honest advice.

I bought a complete new LG LED Strip exact set to replace mine.

"POLA2.0 style uses a smaller lens in Heesung panels vs the larger lenses in the LB/LF series". You lost me with the "Heesung" panels.

Is a New POLA2.0 style the same as my 2012 POLA2.0? or that POLA2.0 is a newer style than LB/LF? Where can I read and study this topic?

This is all new to me. Where can I buy Backlight strips, are new better replacement strips available, Who do I trust?

I was planning on rebuilding the old strips sometime in the future but looking at the lens and the black dots where they were glued on
      would be impossible unless the black dots are removed and new lens installed.

Comment

I have no idea why you would make a comment "If you don't want to listen to my advice".
        neilc6 is just attempting to strongly express his view that in his experience, strip replacement is a better longterm repair than individual led replacements.
        Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Originally posted by dick_barton View Post
          neilc6 is just attempting to strongly express his view that in his experience, strip replacement is a better long term repair than individual led replacements.
          What was the point of your remark?

I received not one part number for LED Beads or Lenses, procedures or any links to learn; just an emotional my way or the highway cognitive distortion.

Comment

I searched "pola2.0 60" on ebay and got lots of matches. I also searched "2835 1W 3V LED" and got lots of matches as well.

Usually when I recommend full strip replacement, the typical response is why pay that much for strips when LED modules are only a couple of bucks.
            Last edited by neilc6; 03-02-2021, 10:47 AM.

Comment

They are called light emitting diodes, often shortened to LEDs.
              If a TV has a burnt out LED you can guarantee that all the other LEDs have been driven just as hard and aren't far away from dying themselves.

Yes you can replace individual LEDs and the lenses however it's mostly a waste of time as others will die shortly and you have to be exactly precise with the spacing. You can replace individual strips but the others won't be far off from dying.

Hence why Neil6 strongly suggested to fit all new strips to save you stripping down your TV again which takes time and increases the risk of LCD damage

There are no part numbers for individual LEDs or their lenses.

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
                They are called light emitting diodes, often shortened to LEDs.
                If a TV has a burnt out LED you can guarantee that all the other LEDs have been driven just as hard and aren't far away from dying themselves.

Yes you can replace individual LEDs and the lenses however it's mostly a waste of time as others will die shortly and you have to be exactly precise with the spacing. You can replace individual strips but the others won't be far off from dying.

Hence why Neil6 strongly suggested to fit all new strips to save you stripping down your TV again which takes time and increases the risk of LCD damage

There are no part numbers for individual LEDs or their lenses.
                That is NOT what I was asking, read the questions.

Comment

Originally posted by 27grains View Post
                  That is NOT what I was asking, read the questions.
                  I'm sorry if you don't understand I was correcting your incorrect terminology and reinforcing the message you're wasting your time just replacing individual LEDs or strips.

Most posters on here fix the stuff they are talking about and try to impart their knowledge to help, there's never any need to be rude.

Comment

You weren't correcting anything

Comment

this is wrong theory if change individual LEDs on LG Innoteck, will cause later other leds failing, in 2015 i replaced 2 LEDs on 47LA6208 till today the set working.. of course the backlight level brought it down. the questions always from which source you purchased the LED.

and what you will do if you changed all strips , and they make light spot because the lumen are higher than Original ... we read this issue over here too.

Comment

I haven't purchased any LED Beads. I am asking What exact LED Beads to use to replace all the LED's on all the strips. I Never implied replacing one LED Bead.
                        I want Part Numbers or size with mA rating and Voltage. I am not asking How to fix anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 27grains View Post
                          I haven't purchased any LED Beads. I am asking What exact LED Beads to use to replace all the LED's on all the strips. I Never implied replacing one LED Bead.
                          I want Part Numbers or size with mA rating and Voltage. I am not asking How to fix anything.
                          read my threat from 2016

yours Innotech 3825 Forward Current:400mA Forward Voltage:3.05-3.65V

Comment

i would warning you too if you are going to replace all LED, you will fail by sitting the Lens. its very hard job... changing one LED you can play with lens but this game if you are going to try it to all LEDs Lenses no joy at all

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
                              i would warning you too if you are going to replace all LED, you will fail by sitting the Lens. its very hard job... changing one LED you can play with lens but this game if you are going to try it to all LEDs Lenses no joy at all
                              Thank You

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
                                Yes I agree, a very difficult task. I see it on YouTube in very poor countries.

Comment

It's difficult, but doable, just need some time and patience.
                                  I also bought similar LB strips on aliexpress which had much warmer white and slight dark spots where the lenses are.

Comment

Originally posted by alfatv View Post
                                    It's difficult, but doable, just need some time and patience.
                                    I also bought similar LB strips on aliexpress which had much warmer white and slight dark spots where the lenses are.
                                    Thank you,
                                    I was able to remove the reflector sheet with a Heat gun. I kept the heat gun moving and pulled as it peeled off.

Comment

I found this video that explains the difficulty replacing led beads and lens vs replacing the strips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk-pRxSlH7U

Comment

Working...
                                      X