RT809H reading nand chips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RT809H reading nand chips

Hello. Im trying to read a nand chip H27U1G8F2BTR@TSOP48 but im unable to do so. Im getting the following error
    Code:
    001: Point "read" will pop up "save" dialog box, "write" will pop up the "open" dialog box.
    002: The currently selected:H27U1G8F2BTR@TSOP48, capacity: 1024Mbits, 128Mbytes.
    003: Adapter model£ºRT-TSOP48-1, 0.5, 12*18, Pin to Pin
    004: http://www.ifix.net.cn/thread-53859-1-2.html
    005: Download device programming algorithm......
    006: Algo update OK
    007: >------------------------------------OK---------------------------------------<
    008: Chip pins contact is detected OK.
    009: TotalPageNum: 0x10000,PageNumInBlock: 64,PageSize: 2048
    010: Over current protect.
    011: Command sending error.

Does anyone know what is this error? Is there any way how to turn off the over current protection? The nand chip cannot get recognized by id, i have to either put it manually or use general mode on auto detect nand.

Re: RT809H reading nand chips

That sounds like a message regarding an error with the chip.

Assuming that the chip is verified functioning and not defective with a short circuit on the die; have you verified that:
    1. You have the chip properly mounted in the TSOP-adapter?
    2. You are using the TSOP-adapter that the programmer thinks you are using?
    3. You have the TSOP-adapter properly mounted and aligned into the ZIF-socket on the programmer?
    4. You don't have any bridged pins on the chip?
    5. You don't have a short circuit between GND and any other non-GND pins on the chip, if you test it out with a multimeter?

I see that in the English documentation, such as it is, there are specific examples of short circuit error-messages in the screenshots on page 72, but your specific message is not mentioned at all.

Comment

Yes everything is correct. I have read nand chips few times and everything worked perfectly.
      The chip is aligned, the adapter is correct and there are no bridged pins in the chip.

I know the chip is not faulty becouse the tv was working fine and I did a firmware update but the update was unsuccessful

Comment

its much PC problem , clean cashe / Temp on pc and connect RT809H at another port

Comment

I tried all the ports. I unistalled and reinstalled. Still dosent work.

Comment

Write selftest to enter chip section and press ok.
            Press read button and read messages.
            I find two broken transistor in my programmer via this method.
            https://www.badcaps.net

Comment

For what i can remeber for emmc chips there is a config window where you must define the voltage level for the chip, with Nand chips maybe is the same, this is why overcurrent maybe..

Comment

Originally posted by arizanotlari View Post

This is what im getting
                Code:
                >------------------------------------OK---------------------------------------<
                029: The currently selected:SELFTEST, capacity: 528bits, 66bytes.
                030: Download device programming algorithm......
                031: Algo update OK
                032: >------------------------------------OK---------------------------------------<
                033: The pin detection value is 0x799C00F1CF,it is no good.
                034: Start reading chip......
                035: Buffer data checksum: 16bits_0x23D4 £¬32bits_0x000023D4 :
                036: 3. VCC short circuit:44 43 42 41 37 36 35 32 31 30 29 13 12 
                037: 5. VPP short circuit:44 43 42 41 37 36 35 32 31 30 29 19 18 17 16 13 12 9 8 
                038: 7. GND short circuit:44 43 42 41 37 36 35 32 31 30 29 19 18 17 16 13 12 9 8 7 
                039: Elapsed time: 1.921 seconds£¬average speed of 34 bytes/sec.
                040: >------------------------------------OK---------------------------------------<
                Any idea?

Comment

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
                  For what i can remeber for emmc chips there is a config window where you must define the voltage level for the chip, with Nand chips maybe is the same, this is why overcurrent maybe..
                  Yes you are correct.
                  This chip is 3.3v but I also tried 1.8 and lowered it as much as I could. Still the same issue

Comment

I saw the selftest feature mentioned in the documentation, but the instruction there for using it required that you had a selftest board plugged in, which did not come delivered with my RT809H.
                    I see that the selftest board is available here at LRF, and they have also conveniently quoted the relevant section from the documentation:
                    https://www.hklrf.com/RT-SelfTestBoa...mmer_5722.html

Were you able to identify hardware failures with the selftest mode without using the additional board?

Notice the Selftest way II instruction, which doesn't use the selftest board nor the selftest mode on the programmer.

Also, here is the datasheet for the NAND-chip:
                    https://www.datasheets360.com/pdf/-7980552031405013613
                    There is only VCC and it's a 3.3V chip.

Comment

with self test and change port of pc didn't help then you have issue with the NAND.. warming the chip to 180° up will make it like butter to write what you want on the RT

Comment

Originally posted by ducky29 View Post
                        This is what im getting
                        Code:
                        >------------------------------------OK---------------------------------------<
                        029: The currently selected:SELFTEST, capacity: 528bits, 66bytes.
                        030: Download device programming algorithm......
                        031: Algo update OK
                        032: >------------------------------------OK---------------------------------------<
                        033: The pin detection value is 0x799C00F1CF,it is no good.
                        034: Start reading chip......
                        035: Buffer data checksum: 16bits_0x23D4 £¬32bits_0x000023D4 :
                        036: 3. VCC short circuit:44 43 42 41 37 36 35 32 31 30 29 13 12 
                        037: 5. VPP short circuit:44 43 42 41 37 36 35 32 31 30 29 19 18 17 16 13 12 9 8 
                        038: 7. GND short circuit:44 43 42 41 37 36 35 32 31 30 29 19 18 17 16 13 12 9 8 7 
                        039: Elapsed time: 1.921 seconds£¬average speed of 34 bytes/sec.
                        040: >------------------------------------OK---------------------------------------<
                        Any idea?
                        Remove nand adapter from programmer and try again. If you already trying without adapter probably programmer faulty.

Comment

Originally posted by Maalobs View Post
                          I saw the selftest feature mentioned in the documentation, but the instruction there for using it required that you had a selftest board plugged in, which did not come delivered with my RT809H.
                          I see that the selftest board is available here at LRF, and they have also conveniently quoted the relevant section from the documentation:
                          https://www.hklrf.com/RT-SelfTestBoa...mmer_5722.html

Were you able to identify hardware failures with the selftest mode without using the additional board?

Notice the Selftest way II instruction, which doesn't use the selftest board nor the selftest mode on the programmer.

Also, here is the datasheet for the NAND-chip:
                          https://www.datasheets360.com/pdf/-7980552031405013613
                          There is only VCC and it's a 3.3V chip.
                          I don't have selftest board. I press “read button” in selftest mode and programmer reported 2 transistor is broken. I check board and find 2 faulty transistor.

If you need evidence i send you pictures of transistors

Comment

It is not so important maybe, there can be an error in definition database for this chip, suppose that the bit definition value for the used pins is wrong, so maybe it is used some pins by the RT that are not used in chip and tied to gnd internally.. a fast watching of the pin list in datasheet and definition file maybe can help, or to make it faster, cover unused pins with tape..
                            Last edited by Davi.p; 03-02-2021, 03:54 PM.

Comment

i faced this before 3 time. 2 time was my pc the guilty because of the Temp lag on many chips i used to read and write.. cleaning pc was the answer.. and one time was also Korean hynix chip which i took it out of board by hot air.. this one make me crazy.. until i cure it to accept writing after i fry it again.

Comment

I don't have selftest board. I press “read button” in selftest mode and programmer reported 2 transistor is broken. I check board and find 2 faulty transistor.

If you need evidence i send you pictures of transistors
                                Thanks for clarifying the process!
                                I didn't doubt you, I was curious about the method you used because the documentation from iFix is so poor quality, so I appreciate hearing about useful tricks from those more experienced than I.
                                Luckily I haven't burned my programmer, but I probably came close from attempting to use the 12VDC power connector on the programmer at the beginning.
                                I don't think the 12VDC power-in can be used together with an AC mains powered computer connected through USB to the programmer at the same time, and I have no idea in what sort of scenario the 12VDC is supposed to be used.

Comment

12v adapter boost vcc and vccq voltages. This voltages supply of emmc chips. I don’t use this voltages because not stable.

Comment

Update: I tried another pc, still the same problem. Then I tried another chip(H27U1G8F2BTR) from a scrap board(LG) and now the programmer can read the chip.

Apparently the chip was faulty.

Thanks guys for the help!

Comment

deleted...
                                      Last edited by Davi.p; 03-08-2021, 06:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                      X