Need ASUS Capacitor KZG 16v 1000uf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need ASUS Capacitor KZG 16v 1000uf

Wondering if anyone knows where I can get about 5 Capacitors.

The information on the capacitor is:

KZG
    16v
    1000uF

Included a picture just to help a little. I have about 4 that are on a ASUS motherboard that swelled at the tops. Causes all kinds of computer issues as you can imagine.
    Attached Files

Re: Need ASUS Capacitor KZG 16v 1000uf

The cap is made by United Chemi-con, part # EKZG160ELL102MH20D-ND

Comment

Use these https://www.badcaps.net/store/produc...products_id=45 and they do not have to be swelled to be bad. I would replace all the KZG series caps swelled or not.

Comment

Are they 8mm or 10mm?
        "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

8mm. I can tell from the pic
          I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by jetadm123 View Post
            The cap is made by United Chemi-con, part # EKZG160ELL102MH20D-ND
            Hi everyone

I'm new here and found this post which is exactly what I was looking for. I have a question : I can't find this specific capacitor but the next reply after you Jetadm123 has a link to a similar one by Rubycon. In the specs the Ripple Current @ Low Frequency and high frequency are different then for the United chemi-con one would this pose a problem?

Thank you so much for any help here.

Comment

Originally posted by Jazznat View Post
              I can't find this specific capacitor but the next reply after you Jetadm123 has a link to a similar one by Rubycon. In the specs the Ripple Current @ Low Frequency and high frequency are different then for the United chemi-con one would this pose a problem?
              For PC motherboard use, no, this wouldn't be a problem.

Those 16V 1000 uF KZG caps are typically used to filter the 12V rail for the CPU VRM. So if yours are somewhat close to the CPU heatsink, that's probably what they are used for too. In which case, the Rubycon ZLH series that brethin linked to should work just fine.

Comment

i recommend nichicon uhz 16v 1000uF which you can sometimes find on mouser.

Comment

Originally posted by momaka View Post
                  For PC motherboard use, no, this wouldn't be a problem.

Those 16V 1000 uF KZG caps are typically used to filter the 12V rail for the CPU VRM. So if yours are somewhat close to the CPU heatsink, that's probably what they are used for too. In which case, the Rubycon ZLH series that brethin linked to should work just fine.
                  So I went with the ZLH. Searched for hours for the original one and looked at others too in case but ZLH is the only one that fits the specs.

So thank you for responding and putting my mind at ease on this.

Hope it fixes my MOBO issues.

Also thanks for others who responded. Much appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by halaster79 View Post
                    i recommend nichicon uhz 16v 1000uF which you can sometimes find on mouser.
                    Those should work too. But just keep in mind Nichicon no longer makes the HM, HN, or HZ series. So anything you find on those will be NOS (new old stock.) If these are over 5-8 years old in storage, they may benefit from a voltage reforming treatment before use.

Originally posted by Jazznat View Post
                    So thank you for responding and putting my mind at ease on this.

Hope it fixes my MOBO issues.
                    No problems!
                    Let us know how the recap goes.

Comment

Working...
                    X