Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell E7450

Charging issue help needed please
    Dell E7450 charging issue. i have no short, no 3v from board from charger but ok when not plugged in. battery is good and tried 2 chargers. Any help?
    Attached Files

Re: Dell E7450

Do you use an original Dell charger. Because your adapter is not good recognized. Otherwise check AD pin on the charger connector.

Good luck

Best regards

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Stevedb View Post
      Do you use an original Dell charger. Because your adapter is not good recognized. Otherwise check AD pin on the charger connector.

Good luck

Best regards

Steve

hi thanks for the reply yeah it's original charger tried 2 both the same. if not plugged in i get the 3 v from charger on centre pin. As soon as i connect it to laptop i loose it. Only thing that is getting hot in thermal cam is the CD3301 ic.

Comment

Check the DC adapter input. maybe IO chip is issue.
        Attached Files
        I'm not happy to be so strong. because it's not humanly

Comment

CD3301 is getting hot- so you already have a clue.

Comment

Originally posted by Sametbey View Post
            Check the DC adapter input. maybe IO chip is issue.
            Yes i check all this and all is good. just awaiting for the cd ic to arrive.

Comment

OK so changed the CD3301 ic now its not burning up so all good now. but still no charging. any more ideas much appreciated.

Comment

After changing CD3301, is the adapter recognised correctly in bios??

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
                  After changing CD3301, is the adapter recognised correctly in bios??
                  It knows its there just 1w not charging. going to put it in the ultrasonic bath encase it's a bad track as its has coke split on it i have cleaned it with IPA prior to starting. As there is some dull tracks around that place. but seem fine with meter.

Comment

That does means the adapter is not properly recognised. You need to clean the liquid spilled area and after cleaning apply some bga flux on that area and heat it gently for less then a minute. Recheck under microscope/magnifier for any missing track or corroded track and/or component.

Comment

Working...
                    X